Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

People who continuously have their TV on. There are some TV shows I follow every week, when I watch them I turn on the TV for the hour and watch with full attention, and when it's finished I close the TV. The house is nice and quiet most of the time. There are some people where you walk into their house and the TV is just constantly on, they're not even watching it. The constant disruptive noise and background chatter is very annoying.

Restaurants are the same but it's worse. Restaurants are already very noisy with people talking and tableware clinking, but then they add music, they add a TV, sometimes even two TVs on different channels, and all this sound bounces around off the walls into a cacophony. Sometimes you can't even hear other people at the same table because of how obnoxiously loud it is.

2480+ total

Being wide awake in bed at 9:15am waiting for my 9:30am alarm to go off, it goes off and I put it on snooze just incase and bam! I fall asleep and am literaly unable to get up when my alarm goes off. Kept snoozing it every 10 mins untill 10:45...

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I dislike it when food manufacturers take the liberty to add stuff to food that not everyone wants. Let's take for example tomato paste. Most manufacturers add sugar and salt to it. If I wanted sugar or salt in it, I'd add some myself. Or take cereal, almost all cereal has sugar added to it. A cereal could be perfectly healthy except for that one ingredient that they just assume we want, which ends up ruining the product. If I wanted sugar in it, I'd add it myself. It can be challenging sometimes to find products that don't have all that crap added to them.

The sad thing is, those products sell. That means for every person like me who likes their ingredients as genuine as possible, there's a dozen of people that are just mindlessly eating whatever.

If they didn't add sugar and salt to it it would taste like shit. And if it tastes like shit no one would buy there products. :mellow:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Being wide awake in bed at 9:15am waiting for my 9:30am alarm to go off, it goes off and I put it on snooze just incase and bam! I fall asleep and am literaly unable to get up when my alarm goes off. Kept snoozing it every 10 mins untill 10:45...

This is me every morning. I have to set like 10 alarms 2 minutes apart and even then I snooze the lot of them and wake up at midday pissed off at myself.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

On that note, when people (usually at work) get mad at me for defending myself in an argument. Since I'm one of the "lower ranking" workers there, they just expect me to take their crap. But since I usually tell them my reasons/meaning/etc, they get all pissy and yell at me/make my life miserable while I'm there for "talking back" at them.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Overly confrontational people really annoy me.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Overly confrontational people really annoy me.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, PUNK? HUH!? HUH!?

OT:

The fact that I have chess finals this thursday, then am judging at a sparring tournament Saturday, then have a sparring tournament I'm in next saturday, and then have 4 AP exams after that.

This is on top of normal classes to teach, homework, and other bits of normal day to day stress.

I mean, they're all fun things (...not counting the exam), but it's pretty stressful to have everything happen at once.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

So the cities official position on the garbage that someone illegally dumped on my property is: That's your problem.

So I can either camp out in my driveway and phone the police when I see it happening, or I can merge it into my waste. I also have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of whats in there isn't actually legal garbage (it either came from students which means it will have recycling in it as well, or it came from some scummy contractor doing work a couple houses down in which case its building material), just to make my day that much better.

The other one I like is that if I don't run out the door right after our garbage gets collected, pedestrians like to dump their garbage in our cans, like coffee cups. Because I totally leave my garbage cans out at the curb as a service for you to dump your shit in as you walk by

I do that last bit and it never occurred to me that it might bother someone. Wouldn't you rather them throw it in your bin than on your lawn?

So the cities official position on the garbage that someone illegally dumped on my property is: That's your problem.

So I can either camp out in my driveway and phone the police when I see it happening, or I can merge it into my waste. I also have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of whats in there isn't actually legal garbage (it either came from students which means it will have recycling in it as well, or it came from some scummy contractor doing work a couple houses down in which case its building material), just to make my day that much better.

The other one I like is that if I don't run out the door right after our garbage gets collected, pedestrians like to dump their garbage in our cans, like coffee cups. Because I totally leave my garbage cans out at the curb as a service for you to dump your shit in as you walk by

I do that last bit and it never occurred to me that it might bother someone. Wouldn't you rather them throw it in your bin than on your lawn?

Yes, except people don't through their shit in my garden for the other 6 days of the week. They only seem to offload their stuff into my bins because they are there, and if they aren't, they are more than happy to hold onto it for a bit longer. That, or everyone only drinks coffee on Monday.

On a related note, I always put bags inside the cans. In our kitchen we have this little tiny garbage can, and when it gets full the bags get tied and thrown in a bin outside. The bags can't actually fit around the rims, so if you just drop the bags in there, they go down beside the main bag. So every two weeks I have to move them all into the main bag. It's not so bad though. People tie up the bags pretty well so its safe to just reach in and grab them without worrying about what I am going to touch.

Grammar Nazis.

A friend just got mad at me for saying "Well, alright" at the end of a conversation.

She then links me an article explaining the difference between all right and alright (which doesn't even apply to what I said), and also claims alright isn't a word, despite the fact that it has been in popular usage for over a century.

It's one thing to say that "Well, alright" should be "Well, okay" or something (still dickish though), but to bring up a completely unrelated point about it?

And then she leaves right after that so I don't have a chance to blast her argument apart. So now my angry retort is in her inbox.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Grammar Nazis.

A friend just got mad at me for saying "Well, alright" at the end of a conversation.

She then links me an article explaining the difference between all right and alright (which doesn't even apply to what I said), and also claims alright isn't a word, despite the fact that it has been in popular usage for over a century.

It's one thing to say that "Well, alright" should be "Well, okay" or something (still dickish though), but to bring up a completely unrelated point about it?

And then she leaves right after that so I don't have a chance to blast her argument apart. So now my angry retort is in her inbox.

I want to tell you not to start sentences with 'and' but I can't remember if that's still a thing anymore.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Grammar Nazis.

I want to tell you not to start sentences with 'and' but I can't remember if that's still a thing anymore.

That's something you're commonly taught in high school, but it isn't a real rule. People do it all the time. And you're able to.

They just teach that to make things simpler, people use and to start sentences all the time.

Kinda like how everyone is taught that all essays have to be 5 paragraphs and your thesis has to have the 3 topics of the body paragraphs in it (or at least in my school that's what every teacher taught).

Grammar Nazis.

That's something you're commonly taught in high school, but it isn't a real rule. People do it all the time. And you're able to.

They just teach that to make things simpler, people use and to start sentences all the time.

Kinda like how everyone is taught that all essays have to be 5 paragraphs and your thesis has to have the 3 topics of the body paragraphs in it (or at least in my school that's what every teacher taught).

Yeah, thought so. I generally only follow it when I want something to look all formal and shit.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Your frined should read today's cracked article, though alright wasn't part of it. 7 Commonly Corrected Grammar Errors (That Aren't Mistakes)

Also, your friend should look at a dictionary sometime

The form alright as a one-word spelling of the phrase all right in all of its senses probably arose by analogy with such words as already and altogether. Although alright is a common spelling in written dialogue and in other types of informal writing, all right is used in more formal, edited writing.

Your frined should read today's cracked article, though alright wasn't part of it. 7 Commonly Corrected Grammar Errors (That Aren't Mistakes)

Also, your friend should look at a dictionary sometime

The form alright as a one-word spelling of the phrase all right in all of its senses probably arose by analogy with such words as already and altogether. Although alright is a common spelling in written dialogue and in other types of informal writing, all right is used in more formal, edited writing.

I was going to post that Cracked article, but I got distracted by my essay.

Also, Lokie gave me hiccups.

This discussion of dandelions has given me the idea of a 'favourite flower' thread - or would that be too camp?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I totally hate dandelions. I try to kick their heads off as long until I am exhausted, or take a stick and "cut" the heads off, or just with the lawnmower HIT ALL THE YELLOW FLOWERS!

Just that freaking many of them and the seeds get everywhere. Luckily still about half a month 'til they start blooming in here.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I totally hate dandelions. I try to kick their heads off as long until I am exhausted, or take a stick and "cut" the heads off, or just with the lawnmower HIT ALL THE YELLOW FLOWERS!

Just that freaking many of them and the seeds get everywhere. Luckily still about half a month 'til they start blooming in here.

You're just spreading them!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg