Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Okay, so if you have approached the teacher, and the head teacher, then your next shot would be whoever is higher up the ladder, which is probably the principle.

Another idea, and I hesitate to suggest this because its pretty low...cameras are cheep and plentiful now a days. Footage of your teacher yelling at you for no reason would go a long way to helping you, if your very careful to be on your absolute best behavior. The only thing you can't do if you get footage is actually confront the teacher with it, because the second you do that your risking blackmail charges. You would probably want to start by showing it to the principal, if you get something worth showing.

Another idea, and I hesitate to suggest this because its pretty low...cameras are cheep and plentiful now a days. Footage of your teacher yelling at you for no reason would go a long way to helping you, if your very careful to be on your absolute best behavior. The only thing you can't do if you get footage is actually confront the teacher with it, because the second you do that your risking blackmail charges. You would probably want to start by showing it to the principal, if you get something worth showing.

Be sure to make copies of any footage you receive, too, out of risk that it gets confiscated. Be careful if you do choose to record it; I'm sure she'd make your life hell if she caught you recording.

audio would probably work for these purposes (and would be easier to pull off both in terms of getting the equipment together and not getting caught). If you actually get caught recording, there will be no sympathy for your position ever (unless you get caught after getting something that justifies it).

And in the interest of being a decent person, I would suggest exhausting your other options first anyway. At the end of the day, I think its a lot nicer if you can honestly say that you gave everyone else every opourtunity to help you remedy the situation, because if you get what your story describes on film or even audio, it could very well ruin their career.

Just try keep your mouth shut tbh. I squared up to a power tripping lecturer who was about a foot shorter than me and thought he could treat us like children in my first year uni, and the consequences really weren't worth the satisfaction of seeing his purple little face start to sweat.

Don't mess around with recording stuff, waste of time.

Its almost exam time anyway, you're got a few weeks left. Just get your head down, get your AS [or A2?] ignore her and make a point to avoid her next year.

Yeah, it's infuriating - But its good practice for stressy bosses etc in future life. They are everywhere :/

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

>it could very well ruin their career.

It's spoken in a tone that almost implies sympathy - I'd say they were fully deserving of it, given that they were aware of the potential implications at the time. I'd agree that audio-recording is definitely easier to pull off - it doesn't require a lens pointed at someone.

It's spoken in a tone that almost implies sympathy - I'd say they were fully deserving of it, given that they were aware of the potential implications at the time. I'd agree that audio-recording is definitely easier to pull off - it doesn't require a lens pointed at someone.

A bit of sympathy yes, but also concern for whoever would be doing this. My point here would be that regardless of what the teacher has done, ruining their career (if that happened) would strip them of a job and mess up their pension, which will affect them for the rest of their life. If they are married, its going to impact on that, and if they have children, its certainly going to affect them. So even if the teacher totally deserves it, you have to think through the collateral damage to all the people who didn't do a thing to hurt you. You just need to think about these things and decide if you can live with the consequences of your actions.

A bit of sympathy yes, but also concern for whoever would be doing this. My point here would be that regardless of what the teacher has done, ruining their career (if that happened) would strip them of a job and mess up their pension, which will affect them for the rest of their life. If they are married, its going to impact on that, and if they have children, its certainly going to affect them. So even if the teacher totally deserves it, you have to think through the collateral damage to all the people who didn't do a thing to hurt you. You just need to think about these things and decide if you can live with the consequences of your actions.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I wasn't expecting that much feedback. In response to Gid, I've backed down a lot and I've generally done what she's wanted, and I'm doing AS, but she gave us A2 reading comprehensions when our standard isn't that high. I also want to take German to A2 Level and there's a very high chance I'll get her again next year (if they run the course). Otherwise, I'll have to teach myself like a girl in Year 13 is doing at the moment. I'd prefer to do that but I don't think that's going to happen, since enough of us still want to do it next year.

In response to Randox and the other suggestions, we had thought that we should record her, and more than one person will, just so if one recording device is confiscated, we still have the other versions. I don't think we'll risk the actual visual filming because the risk of getting caught is too high. Especially if it's one of the 'most hated' people, ie Rosie, Lydia and I. The best way we can record this is probably leaving a phone on under a textbook or something. If there are better ideas, please help. We're planning to do this on Monday morning, it's probably going to be a bit of an issue since we have an assembly, but we'll see...

I hope for her sake that she doesn't do anything extreme, just something that gets us talking and helping the situation improve rather than getting her actually fired.

It just seems like she's got everyone scared of her, even my mother is unnecessarily overly concerned about the tone of the letter she sent us, and how she got it delivered it First class.

There is a slight bit of sympathy though, she isn't married, she's about 40 and she got left at the altar a few years ago. I remember when I first started high school, she was my first German teacher and I quite liked her back then, but even then she had a few odd things about her. Like, for every mistake we'd make in our book, she'd make us pay her money to correct them. She used to say "I'm collecting the money for my wedding fund." She was even learning Turkish since her fiance was Turkish, and then two years later, she was still teaching us and the money jar was gone, so we asked her "How was your wedding, Miss?" And she basically told us she was left at the altar...

But it's been years, of course it's going to affect her negatively, it'd affect anyone that way, but surely it doesn't give her any right to treat us this way? :S

We understand that every now and then people have bad days.. but jeez...

I think though, that considering Randox's final point, we shouldn't act in our anger. Our emotions are probably being affected by how close it is to exams and how important they are to us. It's important that we remember the potential consequences of any evidence we gather.

People who worry way too easily. I'm probably the polar opposite, but I still get good grades.

For instance, we have some assignments that are like 1500 words and we get 5 months to do them. People I know start worrying about it at the beginning of the semester, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I only start worrying if it gets to the point where I haven't done the essay within the last few days of when it's due in.

Like, for every mistake we'd make in our book, she'd make us pay her money to correct them.

What the [bleep]? How is she allowed to do shit like that?

She's just been a senior teacher at our school for like 20 years or something crazy like that. Ever since I was in Year 7 she taught me German, and I didn't mind her back then, but my classmates used to be terrified. We'd usually queue up in a line for her to mark our work, and that would be the one time when everyone would be like "Oh no, Maddy, you can go in front of me." People have just always been frightened of her, no one has stood up to her (not that I know of) and been a successful student. Back in Year 7, I was like in the bottom class of German, and I remember how she used to pick on my friend who's dyslexic and has some other issues (I don't know exactly what it is) but her handwriting is like squiggles, and I just remember her shouting at my friend being like "It's like a 5 year old wrote it!" All I have are bad memories from this teacher, she used to like me but she clearly doesn't any longer, I don't know if I did the right thing by trying to snatch the paper from her that day, because it's like everything changed dramatically since then, and now I'm not enjoying German anymore when it was once my favourite subject...

I'm more sad than angry about it all now...

Well, I can honestly say that if one of my teachers in school had done stuff like that they would be getting reported so fast it would be ridiculous. I'd go straight to the headmaster/mistress with whoever else was involved and my parents, and demand it be sorted. I'd even take it to local newspapers and the like, I'm sure they'd have a story out of it. Did actually do that to a lesser scale once, the headmaster randomly picked me out of a room of people to be punished for throwing paper airplanes in a free period (I know) and hit me with the most severe punishment they can give out that isn't a suspension. I pretty much immediately get my parents on the phone to complain, and boom no more punishment.

But of course I know full well our personalities are very different Maddy, and I doubt you'd be a fan of taking such actions. I think that your teachers behaviour is reprehensible and her employers should be informed of it. I know what I'd do, as I said above, but it is a difficult situation. Regardless, you shouldn't have to go through that crap for anyone.

Imo you shouldn't be too passive when dealing with her, she'll walk all over you. Stand up to her politely when she's being obviously unreasonable. Gather evidence, do whatever you need to do to build your case.

Also

344scwh.jpg

:shades:

2480+ total

[hide]

Like, for every mistake we'd make in our book, she'd make us pay her money to correct them.

What the [bleep]? How is she allowed to do shit like that?

Back in Year 7, I was like in the bottom class of German, and I remember how she used to pick on my friend who's dyslexic and has some other issues (I don't know exactly what it is) but her handwriting is like squiggles, and I just remember her shouting at my friend being like "It's like a 5 year old wrote it!"

[/hide]

That's disgusting. An adult (teacher no less) making fun of people for having a medical condition just makes them a terrible person.

I finally remembered one (though now that I remember I almost feel like I've said this before, possibly because I've thought of it so much).

People who look like their going to cross the street/walk out in front of you, but don't. Almost every day I see at least one clueless person walk right up to the edge of the curb (normally near a corner), often look around, and then just stand there. You can see the cars slowing down or actually preemptively trying to dodge them out of fear that they are a university student about to walk out in front of them(many local uni students like to pretend that there aren't any cars on the road off campus, and if they don't see them they cant be hit by them, and then don't stop doing this even off campus). The gold medal goes to the ass clowns who do this at actual cross walks.

Also, people who wont start walking until the cars are totally stopped which is actually really dangerous because local custom is to slow down and see if they want to cross, and if they don't move you speed back up. I've seen a couple people almost get run down because they started walking at the same time as the driver decided they weren't going to, and hit the gas.

Sometimes I feel like you shouldn't be allowed to walk around in the city until you have logged at least a couple hours driving in one.

I just have a feeling I'll back out of it on Monday, and I'll probably turn up to the lesson late as usual, show her my homework and get on with everything, then she'll find some reason to kick us out and the same cycle will repeat itself. We'll then go into the canteen and everyone will want to find out the latest punishments and we'll all crack jokes like it was no big deal, but it really is actually affecting our learning. Sometimes, if she doesn't kick us out, she herself will just leave us halfway through the lesson. It's just annoying on a Monday morning because we really have nothing to do for like 20 minutes. She's being paid for not doing her job, basically. There was a guy called Simon, he came over for three weeks from Germany to do work experience. It's not his job to be a teacher, he was just supposed to do speaking practice with us for 1 hour appointments during our study periods. My German teacher ended up making him teach us for hours while she went out for a coffee. She'd come in right at the end of the 2 hours and be like "Oh this is the homework. Thank you ladies :)" and act like everything was over. At the end of the three weeks we bought Simon a present (a mug with "You're the best teacher ever" on it.) When our teacher saw the present, she wasn't happy Lol. But yeah, I only really get through German because my classmates help each other out, and they're nice people. We do have another German teacher, who teaches us on Wednesdays but she genuinely doesn't care about anything. She's just as bad, if not worse than the teacher I've been posting about.

I will however continue to stand up to her without being disrespectful or doing anything that is asking for trouble. I will continue to learn my vocabulary, do the homework, study for tests etc. but that never seems to work with her, she just likes fighting it seems, and then tries to push it on us and make it look like it's us who are continuing to create tension, when we actually aren't.

For recording her, there's a lot of fairly cheap recording equipment out there. Do some google searches. There's stuff thatr anges from watches to pens to simpler thigns like stuff that attaches inside your clothing.

A quick amazon search yielded an audio reocrding pen that was $12. And there're probably better deals out there if you're willing to look. Something like that would bring your chances of being caught down to almost zero.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Why would you even need recording software? Is everybody else in your class deaf? Will they not back you up or something? I mean I guess I can understand why you'd want to turn it into some kind of wacky high-school spy movie seeing as the teacher seems like the academic equivalent of a hilarious supervillain but it really sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

e- new page so I guess I will say that people putting their books cover up on a surface instead of using a bookmark to keep their place is pretty irritating.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Why would you even need recording software? Is everybody else in your class deaf? Will they not back you up or something? I mean I guess I can understand why you'd want to turn it into some kind of wacky high-school spy movie seeing as the teacher seems like the academic equivalent of a hilarious supervillain but it really sounds like you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

e- new page so I guess I will say that people putting their books cover up on a surface instead of using a bookmark to keep their place is pretty irritating.

The thing is, it would be a not too unlikely possibility that a class lies about what an unpopular teacher has done, so the question is how seriously they are going to be taken. Solid evidence goes a long way.

The thing is, it would be a not too unlikely possibility that a class lies about what an unpopular teacher has done, so the question is how seriously they are going to be taken. Solid evidence goes a long way.

If an entire class complains or even just corroborates the stories and it's dismissed out of hand, then the problem doesn't just lie with the teacher. I'm just saying I think that taking the time to order/buy recording stuff would just add an extra layer of complication to what should be a fairly cut-and-dry situation, from the sounds of it.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

People in charge in schools always assume that the students are wrong and the teacher is right. By the looks of it the poster is 16 to 18 so no chance in hell that they will take her seriously. See they only give a shit when several parents get involved. It's not like uni where people start treating you like you're actually a person. Plus no matter how bad a teacher is, only a handful of students can be bothered or are brave enough to report it. Having recorded evidence cuts out the BS and the teacher won't be able to lie or talk herself out of it.

2480+ total

Yep. There are 7 people in the class. 3 of them already won't speak up. One of the three, I agree with her on that decision because she doesn't actually attend our school, she only comes in for German because they don't teach it at her school, so if I was in her position, I'd stay quiet too. The other two are silent because they're scared of her really. Another reason I probably wouldn't be believed is because a lot of the things I say always seem to come across as a joke, even when I'm being totally serious. The amount of times I'm actually serious is far greater than the times I joke, but people always seem to find a way to laugh at what I say. Either way, I will probably be the only one recording because I've just found out that the only other person that could record, (Rosie) has been in hospital for the past four days, I think she had a panic attack or something, I'll speak to her soon :/ . I don't know if she'll come in tomorrow, but if she does, I hope she has a hospital note or something, I have no idea how our German teacher will react, whether she'll have sympathy or anything, because she hasn't shown any these past few weeks. We'll just have to wait for Monday :)

In actual response to this thread: It annoys me when people speak so loudly when you're trying to write something, so that you can't concentrate.

Also, when people are trying to talk to me and I'm clearly not interested, but they drone on and on. It makes me sound like a horrible person, but I can only listen for so long before I start to get a bit irritated, but I try to be nice and wind the conversation down, maybe I'm too passive about it though, but it happens with a lot of people.