27-May-10 Castle wars improvements

Toad

Hmm... Someone with Profound Decorative Platelegs wear them with Mind Body please? I wanna see that...

Throw in the Zamorak Halo too if you can get it!

A few pgs back...

Nope... There is the one higher on this page but seeing as how colors can be different from computer to computer it doesn't help much if I wanted to see if the Mind Body matched the Profound Platelegs.

Wow, some random Samaritan was nice enough to humor me!

nqbajp.png

~ Lol I knew that combo would look good.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best castle wars armour + attacking a flag holder + castle wars bracelet + other armour/prayers/pots etc + chaotic maul = :blink: ? That's assuming these all stack.

I've not played castle wars in a long time so may try playing it more during the holidays, I doubt the new items will get used much as those who have tickets to throw away don't need to get them as there's no bonuses for winning when you have all the best armour etc. as the hiscores only counts games played (I think this should be changed to wins).

imagangster.png

If the hiscore rank was changed to wins it would only promote stacking even more, degrading the game and the community further.

They should've kept the colors and the core design of the castle war armor to keep them distinct from other armors in runescape. The armor was more worth it because it had that unique touch to it, which now sadly is lost.

Viewing orbs and new flagholding mechanics are my favorites from this update. Hiscores are cool as well, but they could've implemented it so much better. I would've liked a funorb/ burthorpe games room styled ranking system, that would give you more points if you won a team with a higher ranking than your team and only a few points if you won a much weaker team. It would've shown who has skill without promoting stacking that much, and would've been fairer towards those who have lost tickets during these years: everyone would've started from the same rank.

They should've kept the colors and the core design of the castle war armor to keep them distinct from other armors in runescape. The armor was more worth it because it had that unique touch to it, which now sadly is lost.

Idk why everyone is making a big deal out of this. I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone actually wearing cw armor.

Idk why everyone is making a big deal out of this. I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone actually wearing cw armor.

To be fair, minigames often extremely tight communities of people who enjoy that minigame more than anything else in Runescape. If you went to a CW clan event and asked everyone to pull out their gold armor, you'd be blinded. :wink: You have the same situation with BA clans. You don't really see a lot of people wearing full Penance, but you'd see an army of them if you went to a BA clan event or you happened to be in w6 while a bunch of friends or a clan was there.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Best castle wars armour + attacking a flag holder + castle wars bracelet + other armour/prayers/pots etc + chaotic maul = :blink: ? That's assuming these all stack.

For the full set you need to wear the shield too, so you will only get that bonus with 1 handed weapons. CLS still WRECKS with it though, but the castle wars armor is simply just to little defense. Its excellent for flag hunting people outside your base, as combined with the CW-brace you can almost 1 hit someone with a DDS. But you'll need to bring normal armor too if you want to survive past the perimeter of the opponents base. The armor also lacks alot of accuracy (since you need to wear a shield) so its not perfect to use the entire game.

Another thing I noticed is while holding a flag your def is shot to [cabbage].

While tanking in max melee and max mage-def gear + steel titan and praying, players hardly missed on me. I got dds'd from 800+ to 0 hp in one combat round. It appears if you are holding your flag, anyone attacking you has a 200%+ accuracy bonus on you, not including the bonuses for CW braces. So holding your own flag is VERY difficult unless you are pro at kiting and have a team of mages to help you.

I think the fact losing flags on rocks now puts it to the side adds an interesting twist. The really isn't a safe way to horde your own flag anymore, which they did a good job with. You still have to work to get your flag back, but its a lot easier to do so.

For the full set you need to wear the shield too, so you will only get that bonus with 1 handed weapons. CLS still WRECKS with it though, but the castle wars armor is simply just to little defense. Its excellent for flag hunting people outside your base, as combined with the CW-brace you can almost 1 hit someone with a DDS. But you'll need to bring normal armor too if you want to survive past the perimeter of the opponents base. The armor also lacks alot of accuracy (since you need to wear a shield) so its not perfect to use the entire game.

Another thing I noticed is while holding a flag your def is shot to [cabbage].

While tanking in max melee and max mage-def gear + steel titan and praying, players hardly missed on me. I got dds'd from 800+ to 0 hp in one combat round. It appears if you are holding your flag, anyone attacking you has a 200%+ accuracy bonus on you, not including the bonuses for CW braces. So holding your own flag is VERY difficult unless you are pro at kiting and have a team of mages to help you.

I think the fact losing flags on rocks now puts it to the side adds an interesting twist. The really isn't a safe way to horde your own flag anymore, which they did a good job with. You still have to work to get your flag back, but its a lot easier to do so.

Jagex mentioned that they made a few tweaks to make it easier to kill players who were holding their own flags. I'd imagine this "200% accuracy boost" is due to that.

td2sig.jpg

Wow, the first ever update I can safely say I hate. The new armours look horrid. The old armour looked unique and would stand out in a crowd, the new armour look like rehashes from Dunegeoneering. They did nothing to improve the game itself just removed what made the minigame unique. Why could they not have kept the colour schemes for the armours? Why could they not have taken a single thing from the hundreds of suggestions on the main cw suggestions tread on the RSOF which has had hundreds if not thousands of supporters over the years? My word what a bosh job this update has been. I have not seen a single positive comment from anybody who previously played the game for any length of time or was involved in one of the numerous clans.

On a less annoyed note, what will have happened to my Gold set in my POH? I don't have members so cannot check it out?

Knowing the majority of the top ranked players for Cw feels strange.

If you kept your gold as an armour item in your skill hall then you lost 1800 games played.

The old armour made you look like a gold painted noob.

The new looks a little nicer like dungeoneering stuff and is the equivalent of rune so it may get some play outside of cw.

The game pretty much plays the same.

They just made catapults relavent and made it harder to hold the flag.

The only thing usless in the update was the consumables.

Why anybody would waste their precious tickets on ballistas and pots is beyond me.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

System Update...

This update should fix the vast majority of z-bias problems we've been experiencing with a recent engine update. This includes things such as the floors in some player owned houses, and walls from any areas on the level below sticking through the floor. If you notice any further issues please send in a bug report and look into them.

Thanks,

Mod Nexus.

I should ragequit.....

They kicked me outta a f35 5:5 almost every room was cleared...

IDFC ABOUT STUPID USELESS BUGS

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

System Update...

This update should fix the vast majority of z-bias problems we've been experiencing with a recent engine update. This includes things such as the floors in some player owned houses, and walls from any areas on the level below sticking through the floor. If you notice any further issues please send in a bug report and look into them.

Thanks,

Mod Nexus.

FINALLY!

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I should ragequit.....

They kicked me outta a f35 5:5 almost every room was cleared...

IDFC ABOUT STUPID USELESS BUGS

I have been kicked out of f28 large because i could'nt get to the boss room fast enough after it was killed...missed by around 8 seconds, and the team only found the boss 5 minutes before update. The funny thing is, the update happent 2 minutes after we all got kicked out. As a consolation of the completed but non-win-teferanced dungeon, we all got 11k xp each.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'm probably acting really stupidly about this, but what is the red text in the chat box about? I was playing castlewars when the update happened, and I've never seen it before.

mortisisthewrath.png

burnsilenceisthewrath.png

~ W ~

sigzi.png

wow, the catapult seems alot better now. i got 78 kills using nothing but catapult in the entire match. (most kills, woot.)

anyways, are the halos worth getting? im close to 300 tickets, and would be nice to know ahead of time.

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

anyways, are the halos worth getting? im close to 300 tickets, and would be nice to know ahead of time.

It's difficult to say. While they are useful, The fact they are a helm spot means there are alot of items that are going to be more useful, especially since the halo's lack melee defense.

The only major use I could see of one is a 4+ man team at Armadyl (since the halo has mage def), or maybe some boss masses where defense isn't important. The slayer helm or a helm for defense is going to trump it in almost every other situation.

They should've kept the colors and the core design of the castle war armor to keep them distinct from other armors in runescape. The armor was more worth it because it had that unique touch to it, which now sadly is lost

Unique? It was the generic platebody/legs/med helm/kite model with a blue and yellow color scheme. The new armor has "unique" models, and the same color scheme, so I really don't understand the complaint. They took an outdated minigame that some people liked because hardly anyone played it, and updated it, making it more popular in the process. It just strikes me as greedy to get upset about that.

On another note, now that catapults have NO friendly fire, doesn't Jagex need to redo catapult construction's reward, since it was the removal of friendly fire?

Jagex definitely needs to update the quest so you either take reduced damage/no damage from friendly fire.

I like the design of the new armor, the older armor is very generic but with a very bright palette. The new gold armor is a good combination of design and color. I imagine if Jagex combine the color of the classic armor with the design of the new armor people will not complain so much.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.