27-May-10 Castle wars improvements

Toad

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there always a need to get rid of "old" armour, classic CW is the greatest..another failed update in my opinion, well for the armour anyways.

I don't get why people even 'like' the old armour, or anything old in general. I can understand the nostalgic feelings people may have for certain things like old dance emote and stuff, but something as plain and generic-looking as the CW armour? Shaped like your standard metal armour, with colour schemes that makes no sense?

I'll take the new design over the old anytime soon.

Because we don't have enough dull, brownish armour already.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

So we now get lots of crappy game spam filling up the chat box during games thanks to people overtaking each other constantly using the catapault:

[spoiler=Example]

Forgive the cropping, still trying to find a simple Paint like programme in Ubuntu.

w17k7k.png

The joys. :rolleyes:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

The most succesful and most pointless minigame to date got a little less pointless, but still very dull. Thanks jagex for telling me that there is a guy who has spent 200 days purely inside the walls of cw.

The irony, coming from someone who is almost maxed.

Meh, shield is decent, but I don't play CW.

but 200 days at cwars is like pointless hey?

StarViv.png

cwarmor.png

I DONT CALL THIS AN IMPROVEMENT

Gf awesome outfit..

Would I be a troll to say that I WOULD call that an improvement?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

cwarmor.png

Gf awesome outfit..

Sorry, but the pic on top is pretty ugly. The only thing that matches the armor there are the boots and cape.

I honestly think the new armors are much better looking, you just need to know what to wear them with.

P.S. You have no STYLE.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

cwarmor.png

Gf awesome outfit..

Ya dude the old outfit was crap, ugly as hell and an outfit that goes into the category of a noob player.

[hide]cwarmor.png[/hide]

Gf awesome outfit..

Well. Everyone got their own opinion. It looks sweet with a slayer cape, but it was perfect with a defence cape.

How hard is it to just add a new piece of armor, instead of replacing one? I actually CW'd because the plate, legs and cape matched so well.

P.S. I know some items don't match, but it's about the CW armor with the defence, ignore the rest :grin:

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

Couldn't they add the old armours back in? While keeping the new ones? Wouldn't hurt to have the option between having more decorative armour (the old) and the new more combat looking armour.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

cwarmor.png

Gf awesome outfit..

That almost makes me want to play cwars.

Almost.

It's a mixture of agile armour and dungeoneering armour. <_<

I liked the old armour because of the colours mostly, none of the new armour looks like the status symbol that gold Castle Wars armour once was. I guess you can confuse people in game by wearing this armour. :P

About the improvements, most rewards are pointless IMO as even 1 token is a lot to spend on something which only lasts for one game.

imagangster.png

Why is there always a need to get rid of "old" armour, classic CW is the greatest..another failed update in my opinion, well for the armour anyways.

I don't get why people even 'like' the old armour, or anything old in general. I can understand the nostalgic feelings people may have for certain things like old dance emote and stuff, but something as plain and generic-looking as the CW armour? Shaped like your standard metal armour, with colour schemes that makes no sense?

I'll take the new design over the old anytime soon.

If you think the color schemes made no sense your wrong- lvl 2 went amazing with a trimmed def cape and lvl 1 went amazing with a trimmed agility cape. I think they should have allowed you to have a choice in either the new or old style armour. Besides I feel like this new armour has too much of a dungeoneering feel to it.

Soldin_911.png

K, so...

When's Castle Wars Upgrade batch 2?

You still can't wear helmets or capes. - This is the absolute biggest problem I have had...

You still get 2 tickets for winning, 1 ticket for a tie, and NO tickets for a loss.

You can still hold your teams' flag.

Oh, and my friend says that he lost a full set of that white decorative with the update, without getting the new set. As bad as that is, I'm sure that someone who lost full gold would /wrists if this happened to them...

At least all of the updated and added items look great, but that's about all I can say...

2dgucz6.png

K, so...

When's Castle Wars Upgrade batch 2?

You still can't wear helmets or capes. - This is the absolute biggest problem I have had...

You still get 2 tickets for winning, 1 ticket for a tie, and NO tickets for a loss.

You can still hold your teams' flag.

Oh, and my friend says that he lost a full set of that white decorative with the update, without getting the new set. As bad as that is, I'm sure that someone who lost full gold would /wrists if this happened to them...

At least all of the updated and added items look great, but that's about all I can say...

This is what ruins the whole minigame for me. They tweaked it a bit today, but it's still a load of BS.

I've only played around with the update for a few minutes today so far. What I've seen/done so far it seems epic! I've always loved CW (1,067 games played before the update) and this just makes it even better. I'm going to log in right now and play a few games. :D

Best update in a long time in my opinion. :mrgreen:

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

gonna be a pretty sweet labor day weekend. can the rewards now (cape/helm) be worn in the mini-game instead of the stock hood/cloak? kind of makes me mad that the only thing range gets is the ballista that nobody even has any info on yet.. maybe i'll be bothered to get a halo if it floats over my head.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]