27-May-10 Castle wars improvements

Toad

27-May-2010 - Castle Wars Improvements

This Castle Wars update was originally scheduled to come out next week, but we've decided to release it a few days earlier than planned. Weve released two updates this week to give everyone the opportunity to play the new, improved Castle Wars over the bank holiday weekend (Spring Bank Holiday in the UK; Memorial Day in the USA).

Castle Wars has been in the game for a fair few years now and, although still very popular, was in need of some improvements to bring it up to the standard of some of RuneScapes newer activities. From your feedback, it was quite clear that our main focus should be on updating the rewards, but weve also had a look at some small aspects inside the arena.

Our goal has been to retain the main gameplay elements of Castle Wars, since many of you already enjoy it as it stands. We hope the new rewards you can use inside the arena will enhance your experience! The main additions are:

* All decorative armour sets (including the new fourth set) give you a set effect when worn during a Castle Wars match.

* Improvements to the catapults teammates can deploy flares to mark targets, plus the catapult has a more useful interface.

* A new ballista siege weapon you can deploy in the arena at key tactical locations (bought from the reward shop).

* Halos of the gods these fashionable pieces of headgear reduce the rate at which certain prayers drain your Prayer points (which prayers depend on which halo you wear).

* A new faithful shield a particularly attractive shield with a nice Prayer bonus.

* New combat potion sets that can be bought with tickets and used within the arena.

* Castle Wars prestige capes new capes for those who have captured the most flags or killed the most players in a match, or whove played a LOT of Castle Wars.

* Take-5 added to the equipment tables, to make it quicker to get going once a match begins.

* Castle Wars added to the website's Hiscores section, tracking number of matches played.

If that all sounds worthwhile, check out the new rewards in Lanthuss shop, then jump into a Castle Wars match. You might also wish to use this as an opportunity to get in some Castle Wars practice, as we will soon be running a Castle Wars tournament as part of the Triumvirate community game. In anticipation of the tournament, you can join one of the three Triumvirate factions by heading to the main Triumvirate forum thread.

Mod Tim

Lead RuneScape Content Developer

[hide]

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* The Construction skillcape should no longer make you appear to be slightly hunched over.

Quests

* Adjusted the draw order on the Elemental Workshop diagram interface.

Activities and Distractions & Diversions

* Increased the probability of getting strange rocks while training Hunter.

Miscellaneous

* Relaxed the restrictions on the black two-handed swords and slightly increased their drop rate.

* The lunar hunter kit is now a tradeable item.

* Allowed the chat area in the lobby interface to be resizable.

* Fixed the chance of getting seeds back from fully harvested fruit trees.

Dungeoneering

* The bonecrusher now works with bones obtained via the Hunter skill.

[/hide]
smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we managed to get three updates for the month of May afterall. :smile:

Now to see how the 'improvement' turns out....

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

All I want to know is if they fixed flagholding. If not, the rest really doesn't matter much IMO.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Ergh so now you need 2250 tickets to put the best in ur poh.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So they've got rid of the coloured sets? :(

Yep :( farewell old red & blue

I'm gonna miss one of my favourite outfits for agility: agilitycws.png

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Bonecrusher works on hunter!!!

Checked the new rewards' stats, while there is now a rune armor, everything is still useless lol.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Interesting update for those who already like Castle Wars, but i think it won't draw many new players...

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Bonecrusher now works with hunter, ILY Mod Chris L

In other news, you get an additional 25% damage boost with the 20% boost from cwar bracelet. What is the max hit now?

Also can somebody tell me that after purchasing the bastilla, do you get to keep the pieces forever or do you have to buy them every match to use them?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

1st page me?

Anyway- glad I saved up my 2.7k tickets now! :D

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Why are all the armors for Melee only? Melee biased much :s

It was always melee biased.

Agreed, but it doesn't have to be (hint hint?)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Looks like the hiscores have been there all along at Jagex HQ, 'cause the number one Castle Wars player has over 6k games played. :shock: That means that only ONE player can purchase the professional cape.

I think that's pretty cool.

EDIT: Nevermind, the hiscores seem to update every few seconds and there's already a few players with 4k games showing up.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Graphical

* The Construction skillcape should no longer make you appear to be slightly hunched over.

Yes! Everyone told me they'd never fix it and they did.<3

Bonus_Track.png

I would love to see how the ballista works out. Could be good fun!

Other then that, I won't be playing castle wars for it. Never really enjoyed the game that much, tough I am reasonbly high leveled (which .. makes the game a lot more fun, being able to stay alive for more then 20 seconds).

For those who are interested in the rewards and getting them:

Don't forget your castle wars bracelets!!!!!!

The new shield is slightly worse in defence compared to blessed spirit shield, but has a +6 prayer bonus on it! So that is a very fine looking shield indeed!

Still.. so many games to play to get that professional cape. Painful to see anyone wearing that!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg