27-May-10 Castle wars improvements

Toad

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed at the "high lvl aspect" of this update. If you want the profound set, you need nearly 5k tickets. That's more than 1500 hours roughly.

EDIT: 14k games, wow! That's 5833 hours (at 25 min a game). That's 2.6h of castle wars a day, 6 years non stop.

I don't really know if I like that they updated the graphics on the armours... (they did right?) I personally loved the look of CW armour before, haven't seen the new look though.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

The most succesful and most pointless minigame to date got a little less pointless, but still very dull. Thanks jagex for telling me that there is a guy who has spent 200 days purely inside the walls of cw.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Heh, I was looking in highscores earlier and saw the castlewars rank was was like.. wth? Then I saw this thread and am curious.. are any of the rewards worthy outside of castlewars, or was it more so of an update for the already die hard castlewars fans? :unsure:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

The most succesful and most pointless minigame to date got a little less pointless, but still very dull. Thanks jagex for telling me that there is a guy who has spent 200 days purely inside the walls of cw.

The irony, coming from someone who is almost maxed.

Meh, shield is decent, but I don't play CW.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The irony, coming from someone who is almost maxed.

Meh, shield is decent, but I don't play CW.

Have i been advertising anywhere for how long i have played? for your information, it might only be half of that, but atleast i have the option not to tell everyone this sensitive information- he/she doesn't. If the hiscores were to show won games it would be a much better indicator of skill than of madness.

Ha, people might actually start trying to destroy the catapults now.

I also demand to see the new equipments wore in game =p, I know there are people here who can buy those items ten times over.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Have i been advertising anywhere for how long i have played? for your information, it might only be half of that, but atleast i have the option not to tell everyone this sensitive information- he/she doesn't. If the hiscores were to show won games it would be a much better indicator of skill than of madness.

Yes, because the average RS player can't multiply by 2 to get a rough estimate of games played via the number of games won. I think most rational players can determine playing time of a character based on many aspects of freely available information. Anyway, what's the moan about? That Jagex is recognizing players that *gasp* play the game?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

*ehm*

Girlish scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I've apparently only ever played 4 games even though I have had two sets of the good ol' red and blue armour.

I now feel compelled to play Castle Wars for these rewards, it's a shame though that it can be quite a painful 20 minutes and a bit demoralising that if you lose you get absolutely nothing, I hate wasting my time. But oh well, gonna have to endure it. The armour looks awesome!

Yes, because the average RS player can't multiply by 2 to get a rough estimate of games played via the number of games won. I think most rational players can determine playing time of a character based on many aspects of freely available information. Anyway, what's the moan about? That Jagex is recognizing players that *gasp* play the game?

The moan is about having those players adventures log up on the hiscores. I surely wouldn't like that kind of information posted there. Playing a load of games is not about skill anyway, for all we know he/she could have just stood around somewhere doing nothing at all.

Totally not expecting this. I was hardcore ba @ cw on my old acc. This one, only played one game. For some reason I made it a goal of having 5 99's before I doing castlewars. Guess I'm ending that goal, 'twas stupid anyways.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Hi,

With the ability to pick up your own flag being an existing mechanic we didn't want to remove it completely.

We have however made it slightly harder to hoard your own flag, as if you are carrying your own flag you are more susceptible to receiving damage, and your team mates can no longer heal you with bandages.

I hope that helps!

QFC-15-16-201-61034740

question was asked by our very own Qeltar =p

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Oh wow, 2 updates in 1 week.

I feel like Jagex are loading end game objectives in now. :P

First 120 dungeoneering, now items which are absurdly time consuming and provide no use whatsoever.

I have to admit though, they look pretty hot.

Hi,

With the ability to pick up your own flag being an existing mechanic we didn't want to remove it completely.

We have however made it slightly harder to hoard your own flag, as if you are carrying your own flag you are more susceptible to receiving damage, and your team mates can no longer heal you with bandages.

I hope that helps!

QFC-15-16-201-61034740

question was asked by our very own Qeltar =p

The conversation there is quite hilarious. Shows TIF is the way to go :grin: !

LOL, was afraid someone might see that.

Haven't posted on RSOF in months. Serves me right.

At least the J mod's response was decent.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png