15 June 2010 - Ancient effigies

Andy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should you find yourself in a position where you do not have the required skill levels to investigate an effigy yourself AND are unable to find someone to aid you through the Assist System, your last course of action is to take your ancient effigy to Historian Minas on the first floor of Varrock Museum. The museum is always on the lookout for relics of days gone by, and will happily trade you a more traditional experience lamp in exchange for your effigy. The lamp will not provide as much experience as an effigy would, but at least it is something.

Did anyone try that?

Should you find yourself in a position where you do not have the required skill levels to investigate an effigy yourself AND are unable to find someone to aid you through the Assist System, your last course of action is to take your ancient effigy to Historian Minas on the first floor of Varrock Museum. The museum is always on the lookout for relics of days gone by, and will happily trade you a more traditional experience lamp in exchange for your effigy. The lamp will not provide as much experience as an effigy would, but at least it is something.

Did anyone try that?

I heard you get a 5k exp lamp from the museum for one.

Did anyone try that?

Is that no matter what type effigy you give to the museum?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Am I the only one who disappointed that, again, Jagex has blown another opportunity to expand on the lore/canon of their game?

The feeling is overwhelmed by my complete lack of surprise that you are unsatisfied with something Jagex did.

Fine, then they expanded by such a small degree that they had to invented a measurement for how smallit is: 1 Idiotium and 10 Idiotium equals one Hardtard. A combo of Gerhard and a reta... well you can figure the rest.

What's the unit of measurement for quantifying the number of tears your average crybaby sheds over every update? I think we should call it a Libtard. It's a combination of half-witted comments on disappointment, and equally idiotic references to other people as [developmentally delayed]ed because of an update to a video game you don't like.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Did anyone try that?

You get a 5k xp lamp for the first stage of the effigy, but I'm not sure if the higher stage your effigy is, the higher xp lamp you get. Someone should test it.

Am I the only one who disappointed that, again, Jagex has blown another opportunity to expand on the lore/canon of their game?

Have you even got one yet? You'll find that it does expand on the lore.

Fine, then they expanded by such a small degree that they had to invented a measurement for how smallit is: 1 Idiotium and 10 Idiotium equals one Hardtard. A combo of Gerhard and a reta... well you can figure the rest.

You are not contributing to the thread. This is only the latest of very stupid posts from you and I sincerely hope that you stop, and rethink similar posts in the future.

The mechanic encourages cooperating with other players, which I like. My only gripe with it is that it's another experience reward for having a certain level, which already required tons of experience in the first place. I want to see experience rewards when you have a lower level and more tangible rewards (tools, abilities, equipment, services) for having a higher level, not the other way around.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Did anyone try that?

You get a 5k xp lamp for the first stage of the effigy, but I'm not sure if the higher stage your effigy is, the higher xp lamp you get. Someone should test it.

Someone reported turning in a sated/gorged (forgot) effigy at the Museum, and got a 5k lamp.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I recall reading that Jagex stated it wanted players to get half of the experience needed for 99 from quests and activities and the other half from grinding. Along with they said something like they had alot more quests and things to add in to the game to make that possible. So im not sure this has anything to do with them raising the level cap to 120 for everything.

Someone reported turning in a sated/gorged (forgot) effigy at the Museum, and got a 5k lamp.

I wonder what LVL requirement the 5k xp lamp has.

If jagex releases another skill like dungeoneering, where the skill just starts off soo slow.

a 5k xp lamp *could* be worth it if the lvl requirement is really low.

Naaxi.png

So I heard you can't bank these effigies? is this true?

I heard the same thing. I guess it's true then.

Rumors are overrated. :P

that guy did post a pic of banking his, heres what i think happens

you cant simply bank but due to jagex's poor coding if you use a yak scroll on an effigy it goes into your bank anyways, which is great for me ill start saving up

a_final_name.png

that guy did post a pic of banking his, heres what i think happens

you cant simply bank but due to jagex's poor coding if you use a yak scroll on an effigy it goes into your bank anyways, which is great for me ill start saving up

Nah you can bank effigies, i got one and banked it last night

you can't bank dragonkin lamps, which is how the rumour started i believe.

Naaxi.png

then if you can bank them the real question is

can you have more than 1 at a time? is it something you can get many of like whips or something like clue scorlls where u cant get anotehr till you do the first

a_final_name.png

can you have more than 1 at a time? is it something you can get many of like whips or something like clue scorlls where u cant get anotehr till you do the first

I''ve heard rumours of ppl having 2 at once.

And rumours of it not being able.

My suspicion is if u have a starving on u cant get another. But if you done atleast the first "feeding" you can get another

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I''ve heard rumours of ppl having 2 at once.

And rumours of it not being able.

My suspicion is if u have a starving on u cant get another. But if you done atleast the first "feeding" you can get another

a guy in Lady H's clan chat said he got 4 effigies in a single ice wyrm task, so i'm inclined to believe that multiple effigies are possible

I'm personally curious if the same type of effigies will stack in the bank. I'm planning to stockpile them as long as my patience can hold out.

Naaxi.png

Yes, I'm glad to hear you all like my sarcasm. Also glad to know that you only acknowledge a post you can criticize than the one you don't respond to.

Like it or not, this game is going downhill and it is because of the ineffectiveness of Jagex. They really aren't developing their game at a pace that they should be. Yes, the gameplay itself has improved, but other games have much better gameplay. What should be doing is giving it a more storyline depth. It seems like every update they try to give something new, which is nice, but it adds nothing to the whole.

I get the feeling that every update now happens only for the sake of having an update. It used to be that Runescape as a whole was greater than the sum of its parts. These days the sum of its parts can barely make a whole.

Oh yeah, if there is anything sadder than my complaining, it would be you numbskulls complaining about my complaining.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Yes, I'm glad to hear you all like my sarcasm. Also glad to know that you only acknowledge a post you can criticize than the one you don't respond to.

Like it or not, this game is going downhill and it is because of the ineffectiveness of Jagex. They really aren't developing their game at a pace that they should be. Yes, the gameplay itself has improved, but other games have much better gameplay. What should be doing is giving it a more storyline depth. It seems like every update they try to give something new, which is nice, but it adds nothing to the whole.

I get the feeling that every update now happens only for the sake of having an update. It used to be that Runescape as a whole was greater than the sum of its parts. These days the sum of its parts can barely make a whole.

Oh yeah, if there is anything sadder than my complaining, it would be you numbskulls complaining about my complaining.

There is every few things i agree with MHL with but i agree it does seem like Jagex has gotten into this idea that without adding something new several times a month people will stop playing runescape. A great deal of the recent updates(not all of them just alot) for the past year or 2 have a "this has been added so we can say we added it and keep our players, playing for another 2 weeks until we add something else" feel to them. But like MHL said as parts most updates are fun to play but as a whole they dont really fit together well to create something that is greater then the sum of its parts.

[spoiler=Spoiler]

There is every few things i agree with MHL with but i agree it does seem like Jagex has gotten into this idea that without adding something new several times a month people will stop playing runescape. A great deal of the recent updates(not all of them just alot) for the past year or 2 have a "this has been added so we can say we added it and keep our players, playing for another 2 weeks until we add something else" feel to them. But like MHL said as parts most updates are fun to play but as a whole they dont really fit together well to create something that is greater then the sum of its parts.

MHL has good comments now and then. Just try to ignore the rest.

I usually skip anything he says that is longer than 3 lines long.

I'm dying to know if skeletal monkeys drop effigies.

I want 99 ranged afterall, and if they dropped loads of effigies on the way there, all the better

I suppose the same applies to rock lobsters

Naaxi.png

The biggest example of that to me is Mobilising Armies. A game that clearly that doesn't belong, adds nothing to the game, nor it's backstory, and was done because they enjoyed working on it.

Believe me, working on things is fun, but if no one wants what you're working on, then it's pointless to try and sell it. RS is far too concerned with what they can technically do now and not enough with what they should be doing.

I mean, let's be frank, they wrote up a little idea for Bilrach and Daemonheim, but that doesn't belong or fit in the game at all.

Fairy Tale pt 3's storyline was completely rediculous.

They're just sliding down and down. In business, you're either growing or shrinking, and Runescape isn't growing...

Morionic, I'm a girl.

Edited by Mirrorforced
Unnecessary

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.