15 June 2010 - Ancient effigies

Andy

The biggest example of that to me is Mobilising Armies. A game that clearly that doesn't belong, adds nothing to the game, nor it's backstory, and was done because they enjoyed working on it.

Games like Kickabout League and Steel Sentinels are part of the reason I stopped working on Planet FunOrb after nearly two years. Those two titles, along with Mobilizing Armies, just goes to prove Jagex should stop working on games/mini-games that rely on lag as a big factor.

Mobilising Armies is going to end up going down as one of the biggest examples of Jagex putting in some mini-game because they thought players would love it, another being rat pits.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done a couple of slayer tasks and no effigy drops so far.. the way it should be. Honestly looking at some of the monsters that people have claimed to dropped the effigy (backed up with screenshot proof) they don't really seem as high level drops as Jagex claims them to be :mellow: Hopefully that's something that's going to be adjusted in the future.

Also interesting that they added dragon scimitars to be sold in Varrock. Now I can't sell my dragon scims to impatient people at GE anymore :razz:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Well there aren't surely common, since the first drop which i got after a few dark beast kills i have now gained ~350k slayer xp without any more, so it really isn't a training method while getting combat up. Also i'm thinking jagex added these as drops to most slayer monsters but kept out monsters that would nornally be camped for melee xp.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Each one I open, even if I have to have all 4 parts assisted, saves me 1m gp in free herb xp. At first, I thought you had to get 4 separate drops, eg after giving the info to the effigy it would disappear. The way it is is better then how I thought.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I would like to take MHL somewhat seriously as I kinda agree with what she says. But after she establishes herself as a troll, I just ignored all of her posts.

I am going to ask that why do you think Jagex should stop focusing on gameplay? I mean...lore is nice and all but gameplay is where the content is at really.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I haven't got any effigy yet, but I just have a question.

When you get one, theres two skills required right? Can you use either one? Or must you have both? For example, I think construction and thieving go together, can I use my construction skill to get it to the next level? Or would I need thieving levels too.

Staurolite.png

Not sure what they are trying to achieve, but this doesnt seem to be related to dungeoneering.

I remember Mod mark in rsof said there isnt enough high level players for high level content when referring to high level quest a while ago. Then we got tears of guthix, penguins, circus and shattered heart after that.

However, this is quite the reverse of tears of guthix which gives exp to skills that are already high leveled (or to reward other high leveled players who are assisting you)...

i wonder what the drop rate is from corp? it says higher lvl = higher drop rate so id assume from something that hard to kill the effigy rate would have to be like 10% or better

also the xp lamp thing seems to be roughly 1.5x more xp every 10 levels, it was like 48k at 99 so i think its an even 50k at 100, if you used this on dung at 120 i think youd get over 100k xp

a_final_name.png

i wonder what the drop rate is from corp? it says higher lvl = higher drop rate so id assume from something that hard to kill the effigy rate would have to be like 10% or better

also the xp lamp thing seems to be roughly 1.5x more xp every 10 levels, it was like 48k at 99 so i think its an even 50k at 100, if you used this on dung at 120 i think youd get over 100k xp

people say the equation for the xp is roughly (lvl^3)/20

so it won't go over 100k for dungeoneering

Naaxi.png

people say the equation for the xp is roughly (lvl^3)/20

so it won't go over 100k for dungeoneering

hmm that seems right, so 86k at 120

however i was right about the 50k at 100 thingy, thanks for the equation tho, i think these are only worth it at 80+ so its smarter of me to train rc as much as i can bear, then use effigys

a_final_name.png

Yay, finding 3 or four assisters will be nothing compared to the weekly penguin hunt whenever one of these drops for me, and may enable me to get my summoning up at a half reasonable pace now.

There are plenty of people high level enough... say if it needs woodcutting, just ask the person with woodcutting cape at ivy... say it needs runecrafting, well, two people teleport to you clambering for it.

I just got a construction/thieving one from waterfiends. Can't use it.

I could help you with that one if you want.

Thanks for the assist. :thumbup: The next one was summoning (free 20k experience), then a guy with 99 farming ran by and helped me with the next one. Now I need 97 herblore. I really like these things. It's a good way for people to sort of help each other. Everyone benefits.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yay, finding 3 or four assisters will be nothing compared to the weekly penguin hunt whenever one of these drops for me, and may enable me to get my summoning up at a half reasonable pace now.

There are plenty of people high level enough... say if it needs woodcutting, just ask the person with woodcutting cape at ivy... say it needs runecrafting, well, two people teleport to you clambering for it.

yea try typing "need herb assist for effigy" in ge and watch me + 10 other guys swarm you for a free 1m worth of xp

or rcers pile you to save a half hour / hour of work

a_final_name.png

30k herblore xp costs 1M?? :blink:

The most efficient experience is usually around 25 gp per potion, but if you're making ingredients for overloads, it's not uncommon to pay 1m even for those 20k and 25k experience chunks.

2496 Completionist

When being assisted, what do you get for the effigie?

Nothing, it just advances forms. The point of getting assists is to evolve it 4 times so you get a dragonkin lamp, which translates into 30k+ exp in any skill.

td2sig.jpg

Are there any non-xp rewards?

There appears not to be any. All rewards are experience. 4x a set amount of experience, the dragonkin lamp based on level (final reward for whoever actually received the effigy, also received if helped by assisted)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg