15 June 2010 - Ancient effigies

Andy

I haven't got any effigy yet, but I just have a question.

When you get one, theres two skills required right? Can you use either one? Or must you have both? For example, I think construction and thieving go together, can I use my construction skill to get it to the next level? Or would I need thieving levels too.

You only need 1 of the skills at the required level.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the ones who are whining should all stop whining and save them in your bank for when you get the required skills yourself.

Anyway just a thought i don't care if you continue whining or not, i really don't :)

Or perhaps you could work something out with a high leveled character (perhaphs you could even consult the forums! Oh my gosh what an idea!)

So you can contact him/her whenever you have a jiffie (or however it's called).

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

I like this update alot, although I only have one gripe about it. Assist XP.

I get asked 5+ or so times a day to help people assist them with opening the effigies, but I have to say no. I don't say no because I'm busy, don't want to, or don't the skills to help them. I have to say no because my assist XP is maxed for 24 hours because of helping 1 person open theirs.

If they were to change anything about this update, I would like them to change it so opening these effigies is not counted towards the assist xp limit. The easiest way to go about doing this is to allow effigies to bypass the assist limit and always give xp, but everything else is still capped at 30k.

I can understand they did this maybe so one person would not hog all the XP, but there are plenty of these in the game to go around. I would rather one person take more xp than others than not be able to help people when they need to be assisted with opening one.

I get asked 5+ or so times a day to help people assist them with opening the effigies, but I have to say no. I don't say no because I'm busy, don't want to, or don't the skills to help them. I have to say no because my assist XP is maxed for 24 hours because of helping 1 person open theirs.

If they were to change anything about this update, I would like them to change it so opening these effigies does not add XP to your assist skill limit. I can understand they did this maybe so one person would not hog all the XP, but there are plenty of these in the game to go around. I would rather one person take more xp than others than not be able to help people when they need to be assisted with opening one.

Increase the cap is the only solution I see. But it is tricky to determin by how much.

It would be abused if it didn't have a cap imo.

All this assist system stuff bewilders me a tad.

Yes it is capped at 30k, but isn't it just that you can only gain 30k xp from it; not that it locks out at 30k xp. So in terms of doing it for friends etc unless ur greedy greddy greddy you can do loads in 1 day just won;t get xp for it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Or just seperate the cap for different skills. 30k PER skill and seperate for effies. That means you can unlock a complete effigy and get full exp for each skill. But won't benefit from assisting in 5 RC' effigies on a single day.

O well ;) still it is nice to get a bonus every day or so

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

QFC: 75-76-152-61142383

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»Mod Rathe Answers To FAQ's««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Q.How rare are they?

A.It depends on the combat level of the creature. The higher the level of the creature, the greater chance they have to drop one. However, even on the toughest creatures it will still be rare to get an effigy.

Q.Do all monsters drop them?

A.No, not all creatures drop them, however the vast majority of creatures do.

Q.Does it show up on your Adventurer's log?

A.Yes, it will show up when you get one in your Adventurer's Log.

Q.Can you get more than one of these?

A.Yes, there is no restriction on how many you can obtain. Having found (or not found) an effigy before does not affect your chance to find another one. Bear in mind, however, that they are rare drops so you shouldn't see them dropping too often.

Q.Can you have more than one at the same time?

A.Yes, you can have more than one at the same time.

Q.I was just wondering if you could tell me if the ring of wealth affects the chance of receiving an ancient Effigy?

A.No, it does not have an affect on the chance to get one. Sorry!

Q.Can i boost my stats to meet the requirements?

A.You can boost your stats to meet the level requirement.

Naaxi.png

I think helring's was the most reasonable, people are lining up to give you 30kish exp. 91-99 would turn into a joke if there was no limit, especially when I can see an effigy CC starting for exp seekers and assistance seekers soon. I think its enough that you save up to 1m in costs and/or 20-60 minutes (depending on the skill) daily

I don't think increasing the cap is really a solution, since it would make buying xp way too easy. Perhaps with the effigies a solution could be letting people use your skills after you have gained the 30k or only giving 10% of the xp you would normally get after you have reached the 30k limit.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I don't think increasing the cap is really a solution, since it would make buying xp way too easy. Perhaps with the effigies a solution could be letting people use your skills after you have gained the 30k or only giving 10% of the xp you would normally get after you have reached the 30k limit.

That depends on the extent of increasing. 30k-60k no, 30k-200k yes.

I think that 10% will still be an incentive for people to hoard these effigies, as some will be very efficient, this will cause others to loose the daily xp. Or make it alot harder to find someone to assist.

@ Rahzam:

There already are several. :wink:

I like it the way it is, it is another daily that will be an incentive to train my lower stats to 91.

EDIT: check out this guy his adventurers log... LOL

http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/c=HoycTI7NV7M/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=Rublab1

If they were to change anything about this update, I would like them to change it so opening these effigies does not add XP to your assist skill limit. I can understand they did this maybe so one person would not hog all the XP, but there are plenty of these in the game to go around. I would rather one person take more xp than others than not be able to help people when they need to be assisted with opening one.

Increase the cap is the only solution I see. But it is tricky to determin by how much.

It would be abused if it didn't have a cap imo.

After the 30K limit is reached you can still assist people unlocking their jiffie but you do not receive any assisted experience.

I think that would be the best solution, not that theres any real problem....

Edit: I just see this has been mentioned a couple of times already.

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

All this assist system stuff bewilders me a tad.

Yes it is capped at 30k, but isn't it just that you can only gain 30k xp from it; not that it locks out at 30k xp. So in terms of doing it for friends etc unless ur greedy greddy greddy you can do loads in 1 day just won;t get xp for it.

No, unfortunately once you hit 30k you can't assist anymore until your limit resets.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

i think to help people assist effigys more the limit shuold be 30k PER SKILL, that way you can do 4 differant skills and get your 90k xp spread out, of even do 2 effigys if you spread it between 8 skills

but from the holders point of view finding assisters still isnt hard, but that would make them more willing rather than using 4 diff guys

a_final_name.png

Well anyway, i'll save all my jiffies in my bank untill i get the required level then get some mouth watering experience.

I have yet to get one as Jagex said i think it's pretty rare but we all know this game is about odds, so in theory one could get a jiffie every kill while the other one will never get one for as long as he/she plays.

I never had a left half ever and my life then randomly killed a hobgoblin on my path who dropped one, a week later i got another one from the first cockroach drone (lv 8) i've ever killed, attacked it by accident.

Too bad they were like only like 200k back then.

Killed the KBD ~300 times before i got my first dmed, then one kill later another dmed, then one kill later another dmed but i didn't get it as i was teamed then the 4th kill another dmed, we teled out to sell our inventory because having 10M at that time in one inventory could get ya pretty paranoid. 4 meds in a row.

They were 3.2M back then, as much as a red party hat (which i exhanged a dmed for)

My little brother got dmed from the first ever fire giant he killed and a rune kite from the second one he ever killed.

Good thing no trade limit was in place he gave me 10%, woot!

It's all about the odds, they're either against you, neutral or for you.

Edit: biggest drystreak at abyssal without a whip: 1577

Second biggest drystreak at abyssals without a whip: ~400

Most whips ever gotten in 'x' kills: 2 in 5 kills. (or was it 4?)

See, all about the odds.

rvedit2.png

Anybody figure out if certain monsters only drop certain effigies.

If they did I would interested in killings things for the farming/summoning ones.

Breaking my bank for not so great skill capes is a little disheartening in a way.

If I could camp for them, then I might.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Anybody figure out if certain monsters only drop certain effigies.

If they did I would interested in killings things for the farming/summoning ones.

Breaking my bank for not so great skill capes is a little disheartening in a way.

If I could camp for them, then I might.

All effigies are equal and change the skill reqs randomly, so you can't camp a certain effigie. The one adventures log on this thread really bewilders me, because having got 500k+ slayer xp at monsters that have been confirmed to drop them, i have yet to get a second one. Certainly not a training method at this rate.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Grom, I do not think of gameplay as unimportant, I think of it as more like the engine of the game.

Other aspects are being left behind in the name of gameplay and it's starting to lag far behind and really bog down the game. It doesn't matter how great the engine is, how well it's designed, or how well it runs, if you don't have the wheels, tired, handling, and suspension to put that power on the road. Jagex has lately been worried about gameplay and graphics, which I will admit are two of the things that did run behind the rest of the game in the past, but we've gone from one end all the way to the other.

It's ending up like WoW. It's all graphics and gameplay with absolutely no in-game story. (And before anyone asks, I know it has out of game lore than is nice, but the in game has about as good of a flow as a guy with kidney stones)

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Is it me or is Jagex planning to raise cap of skills to 120? Think about it? Shattered hearts, now "Ancient effigies", XP Bonus weekend, Dungeoneering with lvl 120...

And in recent interview response to raising caps was "not yet". There is also the level 120 bug/glitch (maybe result of Jagex experimenting?).

No they just want the masses to get some higher levels so when they make a high level update people wont cry like a girlguide that just fell down in the forest and skinned her knee.

Fools_Taco.png

No they don't stack in the bank.

are you sure that even 2 effigies of the same type won't stack?

doesnt realy matter, you can still fit like 300 effigys in your bank so unless you plan on getting 400+ without using ull be fine

a_final_name.png