EFFIGY ASSIST IS NO GOOD ATM

ozteddybear

The Effigy & assist players idea is great Jagex. It encourages more player-harmony & fair rewards.

But Jagex, this is where it ends as a good idea.

Those who have struggled & worked hard in their RS career having attained lvl 99 skills can only assist other players a measly TWICE or ONCE within a 24 hour period because they cannot process more than 30k of Xp.

Go to any G.E. you can see many frustrated & angry players (quite rightly) wasting precious time searching for high lvl players, who are there but have reached their 30k Xp in 24 hrs limit. It's ridiculous.

Really, this is insufficient to say the least, to cater for the new demand. Not the Xp given, but the number of times a player can assist another.

Yes there are a lot of lvl 99 players in game, but they are not all playing at once & the few that are playing are split up & divided into 171 worlds. Hardly enough to go around to assist the thousands of other players online.

Think about it. Lvl 99s have earned their status with a ton of hard work & dedication to each skill plus supported Jagex as a lengthy paying customer.

The lvl 99er deserves far better than a miserable 2 lots 15k assist per day.

And the struggling players who desperately need assistance with skills deserve far better than wasting time looking around for hours trying to find a lvl 99er who can help with a particular Effigy skill.

Come on Jagex you can do better & I am sure players will support the Effigies & game far better if these miniscule limits are removed.

Ozteddybear

Skl Lvl 2399

Please support but stay ON topic. Yes I know there are various lvls of Anc Effigy all being lvl 91+ - lvl 99er is used in this thread as a generic to cover all levels who have potential to assist.

you appear to have left caps lock on while writing the title.

support though.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I understand where you're coming from, as I can instantly max out the 30k exp I can get per day if you look up on the forums, or even just stand in edge bank!

But I do not support if you intend to raise the exp limit to something like 150k, I would support if there was a way to assist w/o getting exp, but even then, there would have to be limits on the times you could do it. Because I think if there is no limit (even w/o exp), then the entire point of effigys would be lost, they're there to reward high level balanced players, while the lower leveled ones who occasionally get one can req assist, not so everyone can get easy 30k exp lamps for free.

Just my thoughts.

Staurolite.png

Heres an idea.. bank your effigies and use then when you have the skills to do so. This way you will not lose out on the great xp they give. Oh, you are impatient? well i guess crying about it on the forums clearly helps.

More on what you said, people didn't get 99s because they wanted to assist people on effigies, it's just a minor addition to the game to encourage people training combat to also get more well rounded. Having all the effigies done by those who already have the levels but don't get them themselves defeats this purpose.

The lvl 99er deserves far better than a miserable 2 lots 15k assist per day.

Just a funny quote. Effigies are a part of runescape, not the other way around.

Atm i'm getting a feeling as though you think jagex created effigies to give xp away to those that already have alot, where as judging by the level requirements it leads me to think otherwise. The fact that people can assist you on effigies doesn't mean you have to have them assisted. That's 90k xp you are giving away. Increasing the limit would make the actual training of those harder skills pointless(with 100k limit it's around 2 months for free 99 rc, where as it's a balanced 6 months atm).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Heres an idea.. bank your effigies and use then when you have the skills to do so. This way you will not lose out on the great xp they give. Oh, you are impatient? well i guess crying about it on the forums clearly helps.

Agreed, already maxed slayer so I probably wont get many effigies but if I get any I'll just be keeping them until I have the level, the level 97 one should be the only hard one since you can just stew the other ones from level 90.

Though I do think you should be able to assist someone without getting xp if you have already maxed out your assist for that day.

2dvjurb.png

I have no desire whatsoever to get all my skills at 97. I find most skills extremely boring. Not to mention most skills are extremely expensive. It's not a matter of "patience". It's a matter of poor game design.

I have no desire whatsoever to get all my skills at 97. I find most skills extremely boring. Not to mention most skills are extremely expensive. It's not a matter of "patience". It's a matter of poor game design.

You don't need all skills 97, you need 8 skills 91. The dragonkin lamp is a reward, and if you don't have the skills it's just that you would have to work for it. Also, it's not a poor design as you can trade the effigie in for a 5k lamp if yu want.

true. i got 25k fletching then another guy came up to me i'm liek "OMG SWEET" WTF 5k EXP :(

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Though I do think you should be able to assist someone without getting xp if you have already maxed out your assist for that day.

You can't already?

Yes, there's something wrong with this system then...

You don't need all skills 97, you need 8 skills 91. The dragonkin lamp is a reward, and if you don't have the skills it's just that you would have to work for it. Also, it's not a poor design as you can trade the effigie in for a 5k lamp if yu want.

The point is, they claim they want people to assist for effigies, but disallow more than one a day.

you appear to have left caps lock on while writing the title.

support though.

you appear to have left caps lock off while writing your post.

support though.

I honestly do. The 30k requirement is simply stupid. IF ANYTHING, 100k should have been the limit. It's made to assist. Could this lead to potential abuse? Of course. But Jagex, you opened this moldy can of fish and chips. Its your job to clean it up.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't see how people here don't see the flaw in allowing a bigger assist limit- Low level player has to do the WORK to obtain the effigy, and the assist guy gets FREE and FAST xp for doing NOTHING. People spend half an hour every week doing penguins for 30k xp, now you can get that in a single day without any work. As for those who need the assist? Do you really need the assist? Do you at all understand that you are giving away your hard work, hindering yourself to train those skills when you could use the effigies. An effigy isn't a hot potato, it's a little something you keep for future goals in mind. For example, level 97 herblore effigy is worth 1m in experience, why would you knowingly give that money away?

Also, if you are going to say that well, i can use all my effigies anyway and don't feel the pain, i have 4 effigies banked atm, 91 rc, 2x 93 rc and 95 mining. Sure, i could open them with other skills, but it's not worth the xp loss in those skills.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you. 30k overall is not enough if it is going to be used for effigies.

kWMd.gifI0SK.gifSC6s.gifYI0G.gif

If you click on them they hatch or grow up faster and look awesomer!!!

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot. If you're one of the 42% of statistics that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig. In addition, 126.324% of the previous statement does not make sense.

cap should be raised the effigies give free exp anyway and the person with the effigy is going for the lamp at the end.. and then we can get exp for helping instead of "hey u have 93 con?" "sorry capped"

or maybe train the easier skill for the effigy if all you want is lamp

97 cook

97 fletch

97 thief

97 smithing/mining - hard one@

97 summon

97 crafting

97 fishing

97 hunter

i got 2 effigies yesterday so since they dont stack in bank saving them is not practical for everyone...

StarViv.png

i got 2 effigies yesterday so since they dont stack in bank saving them is not practical for everyone...

You don't have two spaces open in your bank?

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Besides the fact that you don't "save" them, you go get them assisted...

PM me for fitocracy invite

I'm for an increased limit (something like 60k per day, or 30k per 12 hours), or possibly this:

Personally, I think it should be 30k per skill a day.

For 3-4 skills. However increasing it too much (100k+) is not a great idea. If I could have assisted everyone that asked me to I'd have near 850k RC exp since the update for doing near nothing, the equivalent of a little over 15 hours of work at ZMI.

Completely removing limits is also a terrible idea. I could easily see some players garnering support en masse for people to only bring effigies to them, not to mention all the other problems with infinite assists that existed before effigies.

I'm for an increased limit (something like 60k per day, or 30k per 12 hours), or possibly this:

For 3-4 skills. However increasing it too much (100k+) is not a great idea. If I could have assisted everyone that asked me to I'd have near 850k RC exp since the update for doing near nothing, the equivalent of a little over 15 hours of work at ZMI.

Completely removing limits is also a terrible idea. I could easily see some players garnering support en masse for people to only bring effigies to them, not to mention all the other problems with infinite assists that existed before effigies.

I don't see how your reply was related at all to what I said.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I don't see how your reply was related at all to what I said.

The possibility of a 30k assist, but for more than one skill. I wasn't replying to your post, just quoting it.

I don't think Jagex planned the effigys to be super easy to do. For this reason I disagree. It was put into the game for high level content not meant for people with lower skills as theres already many parts of the game for that. The exp cap is fine and I would hate to see it raised by anything more then doubled or I think it would unbalance the system. The 30k exp per skill is also a very good idea.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Brilliant but fair suggestion.

The only thing is that those players with the high levels in muliple skills tend to not be that helpful.

Increasing the assist cap to 90k experience per day or even doubling it to 60k would solve the problem as well.