19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update

Toad

Update is pure crap. You need 88 dung just to get 2 good items... you'll be 200m exp in dung before you can get everything.

Just get to level 7.

Also, there are only three classes that seem useful:

Berserker, Tactician, and Gatherer.

Actually the Ranging and Maging are all .. well they seem darn good to me.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi frost drags, thank you for guaranteed 3m an hour.

It's more like 2M - 2.5M. I have the best possible stats, equipment, etc. and I'm maxing at about 120 bones/hr.

Oh. I realized, I haven't tried using cannon yet. I'll see how that goes.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The Magic ring that slows attack speed certain seems useful to me.

Even though I make more at TD's, right now I'm doing frost dragons just because the money is so easy. If i were doing TD's, or DK's, I couldnt not be typing this at the same time. But frost dragons are almost as afkable as training slayer.

I'm anticipating I'm spending about 200K/hr in pots (ppots + extremes + superantifires), and gross profit is steady at 2.5M/hr --> 2.2M/hr net

I'm pretty sure this won't last long.... 85 Dg isn't hard to get.

It is, actually. Training Dungeoneering is more time consuming than I realized, and considering a lot of the Runescapian population hates the skill, we'll probably have a monopoly on those dragon for a while (There are more peope with 85 Dungeoneering than there are people with 99 Runecrafting).

It won't really be a monopoly: it doesn't really bring anything "very good" in runescape.. Sure they are the bones which are worth most, but for training prayer the money you make an hour is the deciding factor instead of the xp you get per bone..

This means for 99% of the population dragon bones will be better: only if the price really drops to around 2.2 times the dragon bones they should be considered best!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

maybe against bosses, but the boss attacking slower won't really help you kill it quicker =\

the defense draining ability for the ranger seems like it'd be better for bosses, that don't have particular weaknesses.

Naaxi.png

maybe against bosses, but the boss attacking slower won't really help you kill it quicker =\

the defense draining ability for the ranger seems like it'd be better for bosses, that don't have particular weaknesses.

Slowing attacks means also that a magician can hold his own in the dungeon.. So you can finally solo mage.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Slowing attacks means also that a magician can hold his own in the dungeon.. So you can finally solo mage.

Only in Daemonheim. :rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

That's still crap. F2P already has a exp cut in Dung. No reason why people on F2P should have doors that require us to use members skills to open. I mean, I can let go of the higher level doors, but a F2P getting an Herblore door on a F2P server is just bullcrap.

[hide]100719064119.png[/hide]

You shall forever be known as "That Climbing Boots dude". :P

I liked the update overall. New handy slayer spots. Id like some pictures of the 3 highest level dungeons though, cant enter those yet.

Also, has anyone else noticed how they seem to be "restoring" ruins around daemonheim?

They fixed the top of the fountain, one of the pillars close to the bank and a few towering pillars as well.

(Fixed as in the freminnik are rebuilding them)

That's still crap. F2P already has a exp cut in Dung. No reason why people on F2P should have doors that require us to use members skills to open. I mean, I can let go of the higher level doors, but a F2P getting an Herblore door on a F2P server is just bullcrap.

Only if you're combat level 90 and above, so just stay 89 and below! Whopee!

And of course, instead of preventing F2P from accessing C5 and C6, so that every F2Per gets an XP cut for not getting member, they give them access to C5/C6 to show them that "there's more to explore".

:rolleyes:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

And of course, instead of preventing F2P from accessing C5 and C6, so that every F2Per gets an XP cut for not getting member, they give them access to C5/C6 to show them that "there's more to explore".

Dungeoneering is glitched for me ATM. :/ I don't receive food from any of the monsters I kill and I get reduced experience, even if I dungeoneer with 2-4 skillers. >_>

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Dungeoneering is glitched for me ATM. :/ I don't receive food from any of the monsters I kill and I get reduced experience, even if I dungeoneer with 2-4 skillers. >_>

I opened a door and it dropped everything I had equipped and in my inventory on the ground... quite odd.

greenmelf.png

Rune rocks: Win.

Place for F2P to cut Maples: Win.

Gatestone portal at start point: Finally.

Solo Medium floor: Time to get prestige all nice and taken care of.

FIVE Magic Trees: Win.

C'mon, this was a good update. Makes me want to go back there and get higher levels, so I could challenge the Frost Dragon (although expect the bones to fall like a stone in a few weeks).

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I can forgive mistakes. I cannot forgive incompetance.

This is rather hilarious. It would be very incompetent to give F2P better xp rates because they have less skills for challenge doors. Don't worry mate, I forgive ignorance.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

This is rather hilarious. It would be very incompetent to give F2P better xp rates because they have less skills for challenge doors. Don't worry mate, I forgive ignorance.

They already have different rates of experience. Simply substituting F2P skills for members skill doors on F2P servers is how it should be done. That's not ignorance. I'm not saying that if you can't put a Thieving door that a skill door shouldn't be there, I'm say a Mining door should be there or some other F2P skill.

They already have different rates of experience. Simply substituting F2P skills for members skill doors on F2P servers is how it should be done. That's not ignorance. I'm not saying that if you can't put a Thieving door that a skill door shouldn't be there, I'm say a Mining door should be there or some other F2P skill.

Would you rage if there were mining doors with 103 mining reqs? You'd have F2P skills doors that you could not open. You would have the same effect than members but because you don't have access to herblore, you could not open those doors. Your point would be invalidated and your XP rates would stay the same. Would that be a solution?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Desperado is pretty nice too. + 11% ranged on the mode I normally use (rapid) for only 135 tokens. Lvl 1 is the most useful for sure. After lvl one it only gets more expensive, and les rewarding (150 something tokens for an extra %). I'd say it wouldn't hurt to get lvl 1 or 2 in everything, you never know when it comes in handy and it's darn cheap.

I dunno if anyone's interested in the new titles, but someone on my team got the one called "Clever Girl"

I covered up the title name since I didn't really have much time

defaultname2010182701.png

It's quite an embarrassing title though =/

Would I like it? No. I don't think removing it would be that big of a deal. Are you saying that removing the flaws of the skill would ruin it? Members already get much higher exp rates. I don't think that giving f2p a chance to get all that it can is that big of a deal. Maybe my solution of simply removing them isn't the right way, but the way it is now isn't the right way either.

And who's raging exactly? I think you've spent too much time around 12 year olds to recognize constructive criticism and open discussion. :thumbup: