Parents

Omar

I'm guess I'm in the same boat as other TIFers. I'm in the same pool as other with poor fathers.

I was and am and will continue to be embarrassed of the man called my father. I won't go into details on why, but it's a pity that he was such a poor father. But, this is life and one has to move forward.

I definitely plan on changing my last name. Don't know if I will go far as how men are now doing in taking their future wife last name, but who knows. It's a possibility especially if she wants to keep her name.

Glad that him being out of my and my mother and sister life have all been better for them and myself. Sure, a fatherly figure could have been real helpful especially when I was going through puberty, but I managed alright with different people throughout that time period. I would model after my friends (which were mostly jocks so this helped a lot especially when it came being tough and pushing yourself since their fathers did this to them), my Taekwondo masters (self-discipline and trying to live a good life), and as mention movies and even soaps (not the ones where the guy is usually cheating on his wife of course.)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will write something more substantial if I feel like spilling I guess. My parents are really good, I reasonably close to my mum, and get on well with my stepfather. My dad died when I was 13, but my parents divorced when I was about 6. I thought I knew my dad, but I guess I didn't really, as I was still a child when he died, I guess I never got to have a more adult relationship with him.

/end spill.

Maybe more of a confession? Moral I the story, I am loved etc by my parents I feel that have been a good influence etc.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I admire my parents as people, but not really as parents, ya' know ?

Mum worked in a nuclear power plant for a while as a stress testing engineer and whatnot, published several papers in international journals, dad was kinda a failure at school, smoked and drank too much, too early [stopped now], they've been married for 17 years so that's good I guess. Also fairly open and liberal with what I do so that's good.

As parents they've provided me with a relatively comfortable and easy life, but I don't know, I never really felt any gratitude or sense of burden or debt, I think it's because they expected too much of me too early. Oh well, maybe I'm just shameless, who knows. :|

I just sent my dad an e-mail. Maybe we can start talking again. He better not screw this up.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Anyways, my parental situation is a tad wishy washy. My parents do honestly love me, maybe. I think they love the straight Christian version of me that they think exists, and I think they might still love me even if I became an atheist (I'm still a Christian btw), but I know for a fact they WILL disown me if I tell them I am gay, and will "shun" in a sense me out of the community. However, my parents don't really show their love, when I was a kid, (and to this day, actually) they've refused to allow me to hang out with anyone who is not a born again Christian, and republican. so srs. (Which is why I've become addicted to runescape, is because it was a way out of their cardboard box world). In the church we used to go to, in the pastors office there was a paddle with holes in it in which parents were encouraged to use, and they used quite often. Run across the aisle? Whack! Thats the kind of Christians my parents are. They just went to another anti gay rally last weekend, and protested at a church where the Christian pastor realized gays weren't "perverted sins of nature," as my parents so fervently believe. Ironically, they hate the word [bleep], and say they don't hate gays, they love them, but its just unacceptable to be gay. =\ they pity us L. I'm saving up to move out, once I do I'm deleting my family from my phone and never talking to any of them again.

Wait...you're a closeted homosexual living in an anti-homosexual environment with a pair of extremist Christian parents....and you plan to stay in the closet until you're old enought to move out?

My Mom is cool, and so is my Dad, but he's the one that really causes a problem.

He is the most textbook republican you will ever meet short of [bleep] Cheney. If I admitted that I supported the legalization if Marijuana, gay marriage, and was agnostic, he would finally follow through on his often repeated threat of putting his foot up my ass at Mach 2.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I feel like a [bleep] for saying it in this thread... but my family and parents are awesome.

The only thing I wish they'd done better/earlier was make me go do stuff on my own (order food at fast-food restaurants, buy stuff at stores, answer the freaking phone) because I can drive and I'm not really comfortable with answering the phone...

Kind of the same thing here. I just now got my first car @ 21 (almost 22) and am a kind of crappy driver. Good thing I go to school at such a small town. But yeah I wish they tried to force me to do some more stuff on my own when I was younger.

Go sit on the floor.

I got my first car at 16. Almost 200,000 miles on it.

As long as it runs I dont care though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

id say i got pretty nice parents to the majority of the tifers, we have our arguments, and im by no means the best child out there, but for the most part they've done alot for me to give me the best options they can give me. The only thing odd about me is im adopted, just haven't got around to finding my birth mother yet.

legends2.jpg

Except for the fact that my parents and I disagree on a lot of things and we are quite different, they've always been pretty great. The former I blame on our vastly different upbringings. I would imagine growing up in a village up north in the country in the 50's to be quite different from growing up in Sweden's biggest city and capital during the 80's and 90's.

They have done their damnedest to not try to influence neither me nor my two sisters politically and such. Good manners, generosity and whatnot was also taught and ingrained in us very early; as well as the importance of reading, which I'm grateful for. And I can only recall one time that they've ever actually raised their voice to eachother. They've also helped me financially something ridiculous these past few years, which has helped me immensely. Unbeknownst to them I've written up everything they've given me though, so I'll pay it all back one day.

All in all, my parents have largely been quite ideal compared to a lot of other posters'. My only real complaint is that I wish they would've been much harsher on me when it came to school work when I was a kid.

2009rb9.jpg

My only real complaint is that I wish they would've been much harsher on me when it came to school work when I was a kid.

Same here. I'm so lazy when it comes to school. It comes easy to me so I feel like I don't have to try. My Dad was the same way in school and neither parent did anything to stop it from happening in me.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."