Where's the Excitement?

Dax

I still get excited about drops, but I never got THAT excited in the first place. I think the thing I got most excited about recently was beating Nomads Requiem. :D I'm not much of a boss hunter, so I found that fight hard and frustrating. But when I won I took a picture of him laying on the ground and made a triumphant post on my clans forums. :mrgreen:

Blakdragon39.png

Money doesn't really mean much to me anymore. I have like a 550m bank, but really can't buy anything more. I'm not in the range of the spirit shields and phats, so my money is just sitting there. I mostly boss hunt for fun so idc about drops.

I got 99 attack yesterday, no party not nothing. Just shrugged it off and went on training Strength. And i only got one gratz for it in a pretty busy clan chat. Achievements in Runescape are not what they used to be. Now if you get a corp drop, I'd say that's still pretty dam impressive and worth spamming a clan chat with.

I still announce things like whip and maul drops, and they are nice and put me in a good mood but they don't get me really excited. The only time that's ever happened to me on rs was when a lvl 2 clue from pyrefiends gave me ranger boots, the euphoria completely overtook me and I just sat there dumbfounded looking at the reward screen for about a minute.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Since I've been playing since 2002 and have gotten about 5 or 6 rare item drops total(the best was dragon platelegs), i still get excited at it. My luck is pretty bad with that stuff, which is why i have put such a focus on skills instead of combat until recently. Maybe when I get my void back and stop lagging out at my first tormented demon, that luck will change :thumbsup:

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

The 3rd Age Plate I got a long while ago was quite exciting, I didn't even know what to do. Similarly, first whip, first D boots, were also quite exciting, similarly with first GWD drops.

Now-a-days, only thing that gets me excited is actually getting PVP drops (since I suck at PVP + being on f2p).

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Last time I got real excited was when I got my firecape because it took me like 13 tries. Leadup to getting a 99 and a big drop (I'd say 20m+) also get me pumped. But I'd say the happiest I've ever been on rs was my first day of membership on my old account.

quit

I've been playing runescape for a good 7 years now and have to admit, I've lost ALOT of excitement within the game...

I remember getting my first set of full rune, I was so happy I worked to get it, I was excited... But these days if I got a visage I honestly wouldn't jump and scream about it.. Heck, I could make 35m (About the current price of a DFS) in about a week of merchanting if I really tried...

My first set of dragon platelegs from iron dragons back in the day I was so excited, These days It really dosen't excite me (For Example, literilly 4 hours ago I got another Plateleg drop and I didn't even smile... :l)

tl;dr - Stuff gets old.

dzuz3d.jpg

More if I've been trying hard for a drop (Claws, bandos items solo) then easy things like DKS drops (except serker, still e-gasm)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I've been sticking around since 2004, playing more during certain times, and considering myself taking a break others. I've got quite a lot of drops, though never anything GWD up. I don't like going. TD's is the max I've been, and I haven't got anything good there.

Though I did celebrate quite a lot when beating Nomad, but I'm mainly talking drops. :3

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Does anything make you happy in RuneScape anymore?

My friends, else i would of left this dead beat game ages ago.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I haven't felt that excited about drops since drop parties. My first drop party I followed a person spamming "drop party." Not knowing what it was as a new player but wanting to be part of a party, I was led with a group of people into the wilderness. I figured we all would wait to drop in on a person, kill him/her, and the party would be collecting the items. But no, we were all lead to the wildy and subsequently slaughtered.

My first actual drop party I learned the popular phrase "dam telegrabbers!!!" My favorite drop party I attended was hosted by runevillage on rs1 and was so huge it managed to crash the server. I had a few fun drop parties I helped with as the TET treasurer, but nothing compared to rs1 drop parties.

Sometimes I wonder how it's possible to get so off topic. Anyways, my point is drop parties were pretty exciting back then. But now since you can't really drop items we have colorful balloons and dancers to make up for that, I suppose.

The excitement is still there for me, to some extent. When I duo FFA'd Bandos with a friend about a month ago and got my first bandos drop (BCP) I was so excited, it was my first drop worth over 20m. Then about a week ago I soloed bandos tassets on my first kill of the trip, I was REALLY excited about that. As for whip drops, I got 3 the day I got 85 slayer, and I was pumped at the time. Now I've had 11 or 12 of them and I just take a pic, grab it, and announce "whip # x" in clan chat and continue on slaying. I got my first dark bow about a week ago, and even though it's worth considerably less than a whip, I was still much more excited about it because it was my first time getting one.

Now when it comes to drops that don't have value but are rare, it depends on if I get excited. When I got my first KBD Head, I was sooooo happy. Then I got my 2nd and was like wow, ANOTHER?!?!? Then the 3rd came, and the 4th..... and now I have 8. I see them on the ground, laugh my ass off that I got another, take a pic, and continue crashing. When I got my Abby Demon Head I was pretty happy, because it came with a clue too, I mean, how often does that happen? Challenge scrolls get me a little excited, especially when I got a goblin one getting killcount for Bandos. Then I got another a few kills later..... I laughed pretty hard at that. I also have 2 abby spectre challenge scrolls from tasks. I wasn't really expecting either so I grinned a bit when I saw them.

I think the only drops I'll really ever continue to be excited about are 20m+ ones, aka GWD, Corp, TDs, Vissy (8 KBD Heads, 9 D Meds, 5 Dragonstones, 0 vissy). <_<

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Whips now are kind of ugly on the ground. The old look of Whip was much easier to get excited about when you saw it on the ground.

Now:

whip115.png

Original:

whip108.png

Whips now are kind of ugly on the ground. The old look of Whip was much easier to get excited about when you saw it on the ground.

Now:

whip115.png

Original:

whip108.png

agreed!

you right click it and its likE "oh a whip..."

but b4 it was like ! dang thats a whip! cool

dplatelegs are cool

staffs of lights are coool

i think how much something stands out on ground as well as the monetary value matters

when i see shield left half or dmed i think "FML" as it coulda been rarer

StarViv.png

Pitiful 3 mil...Shaaaaare lol.

Anytime I get a drop that's over 100k I still get excited. Guess it's just me lol.

Same here. I'm dirt broke.

Never really was good at earning money or training. :D

You're good at earning money other ways... :wink:

When I first got a Black Mask (around 500k at the time) I was kind of like, "Oh, cool." Then I picked it up as if nothing happened. I got another shortly after, and was a bit more excited because I had 1M now, but it's not like it was a big deal. Things like that don't really excite me I guess.

I've never actually gotten any amazing drops (Over 1M) in my time playing RuneScape but yes, the enjoyment from achieving anything has really worn off. I was more excited closing in on 99 Cooking 4 years ago than I am now when I'm close to 99 Magic, when I get it tomorrow/Thursday it will just be another level to add, really. I suppose the longer you're playing the more normal things become so when you get something awesome you've already had it several times; the initial drop was the best anything after that is "Meh".

Maybe I will get excited when I obtain a rare drop, but I don't see that happening with my luck.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'll get the drop, remember how long of a dry streak that was, and be disappointed as ever. The one time I was happy was getting a double barrows drop followed by another helm drop.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?