How it should have ended

Ts_Stormrage

As we all can see from the Knowledge Base, a lot of new items came out with a lot of new stats for us to compare...

I like the idea of Zaros, Bandos and Armadyl obviously coming more into play as Jagex has thusfar censored every appearance of Zaros to Ancient... Not anymore, apparently...

And while some of these items are awesome (I like the Zaros Platebody for example) they certainly failed with a bunch of stats...

Lets start with the Prayer books... The Books of Law (Armadyl), War (Bandos) and the Ancient Book (Zaros):

Guthix prayer book has always fallen short, and was nothing more then a cheap alternative to either the fully offensive (Zamorak) or the fully defensive (Saradomin)...

The perfect opportunity exists now for Jagex to quickly adapt the stats of the new books, because lets face it; none of the new ones come close in usefulness when comparing them with Zamorak or Saradomin's book, and noone is buying them to show some awesome-ish recitement of standardized texts...

So how should they have done the stats? (if no other stats shown, they are 0)

Book of Law: +10 Range attack / +10 Range defense / +5 Prayer

Book of War: +10 Strength / +5 Prayer

Ancient Book: +5 Magic attack / +5 Magic defense / +5 Prayer / +5% magic damage bonus

With these stats they fall into their proper categories, fit with the storyline and general culture of said God, and have actually a use to them. Do not worry about rarity, the price adjustments over time will help some of that :)

Next up, the Third Age Druid set...

While it will look awesome when trying to blend in at Taverly, the stats are quite rubbish...

Proselyte looks a lot better for the actual purpose of having a REALLY long prayer time... And who knows what Acolyte and Partisan armors bring us in the future... The only useful piece here is the wreath (headgear), everything else has its superior already... Unfortunately, I can think of no places where you'd be fine with JUST high Prayer bonus, and no other offensive or defensive stats, so there is no way for me to improve on this...

Then finally the Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix bow and arrows...

What? Elemental Damage on arrows? The ONLY useful elemental damage so far has been fire damage on Ice Strykewyrms and Frost Dragons... On top of that, I would have expected Guthix to be related more to the element of Air (see rune cost of Claws of Guthix) rather then Earth... Now I do not know how much extra damage that will be, but it looks to be very costly per shot taken if it was any effective... One thing is good about these arows; their ranged strength bonus increases as you increase your Ranged level, up to a maximum of +60 at level 70...

But, on to the stats of the bows.

+80 range bonus and +4 prayer. Nice, finally a prayer bonus for an actual 2 handed bow. If only I could add some prayer bonus to my one handed Rune Xbow... Oh wait :roll: <_< ...

Sadly, the God Bows (while having very nice Special attacks), do not compare to a Rune Xbow comboed with Zamorak's book of prayers (or Armadyl's if I had my way)... I am yet unfamiliar with their attack speed or range, but these cannot make up for what could have been a revolutionary ranged weapon... For a level 4 clue, they could have upped the requirements to then increase the Ranged attack bonus?

There you have it folks, my complete review of how the items would have worked out better if they had a few tweaks...

PS: Since a bunch of Zaros Ancient items now have positive prayer bonus... Can the -1 prayer now be removed from the Ancient Staff?

Credits to my clan for inspiring me to write this...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Ye, stats weren't well thought out at all.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Old 3A > New 3A, sadly. :(

'nuff declared.

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

The helm has a good prayer bonus, although it's not incredibly useful.

I was hoping for slightly superior proselyte, I know 3A items are meant to be cosmetic, but I don't see why they couldn't have been superior to prossy by 1-2 prayer a piece.

Edit: as pointed out by grimy in a separate topic, the helm is still inferior to cwars halos (didn't even cross my mind), although I guess there are very specific occassions where the incredibly expensive wreath is better

i think they can change the stats on the new items, they just recently came out so they will soon notice that people are complaining ingame and change it. hopefully. thats what a good staff would do but jagex, maybe not.

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/24ew3eh.jpg[/IMG]

Doing in RS: Getting Mems/fishing/wc/mining. Eventful week.

Would you call 3rd age melee useful then?

If it wasn't for the price, yeah.

Yeah, they should change the stats, not easy making them change it tough :blink: . It can be a long process, and alot of complaining in the RS Forums :twisted:

chuck_stagedive_450story.jpg

EAGLEEE

I'm for hire to give them a set of stats for all items ;)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The bows look like longbows.

I wonder if you can put a sight on them.

If so, then they might be the hidden gem along with the arrows.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The bows look like longbows.

I wonder if you can put a sight on them.

If so, then they might be the hidden gem along with the arrows.

The yew longbow looks pretty much like a longbow, but I bet you can't put a sight on it :thumbup: .

To be honest, I enjoy the new items and all that came with them

Perhaps the books aren't that great in stats, same with the rune, robes, or druidic for that matter. I'd imagine comparing the original god vestments to mystic robes would make them seem inferior as well. That said, I enjoy the flavor far more than the stats. Granted this may be just me as a fantasy writer at heart but the unveiling of these new items acknowledges a part of Gielinor's past that had been neglected for far too long. I remember bringing it up to a group of friends about a year ago that I want some new Armadyl items such as trimmed rune :thumbsup: As for the godbows, I have hated crossbows for a long, long time and finally I get an alternative should I so choose.

As for the items not mentioned, I can't wait to get my hands on some ornamental kits. Furthermore making firelighters trade-able are a huge nod to fixing old wrongs. For those of you who weren't around, firelighters used to be trade-able but they were used for scamming so much that they were removed from trade, much like the leaf-bladed spear. Could this fore-tell more rights to old wrongs

Lets also not forget some of the more useful things in the update such as the plethora of new gwd protect items. Lots of higher level players hate em for that reason but hey, lets give those with smaller banks a break.

So thus, I enjoy the update but as for the uselessness of the dragon masks, druidic robes etc... WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT FROM A DISTRACTION AND DIVERSION? Its supposed to be a fun, pointless break from the game... isn't that what all the costumes, colorful fires, masks, and emote enhancers have been about?

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

When I saw this thread title I thought of the Youtube How It Should Have Ended Series...haha best series ever.

OT: Yeah I don't really care about TT anyway. I do a clue if I happen to get one, maybe I will get lucky. The only reward I ever believed was worth investing in was Zammy book, and I still do.

Big_Stingman.png

Well, Bandos and Armadyl items are at least reasonable GWD stuff. The wreath is notable as the second-best prayer headgear in the game, and a lot of the other items look nice. And I kinda like the god bows.

Quotes are from OP

"Lets start with the Prayer books... The Books of Law (Armadyl), War (Bandos) and the Ancient Book (Zaros):

Guthix prayer book has always fallen short, and was nothing more then a cheap alternative to either the fully offensive (Zamorak) or the fully defensive (Saradomin)...

The perfect opportunity exists now for Jagex to quickly adapt the stats of the new books, because lets face it; none of the new ones come close in usefulness when comparing them with Zamorak or Saradomin's book, and noone is buying them to show some awesome-ish recitement of standardized texts..."

So how should they have done the stats? (if no other stats shown, they are 0)

Book of Law: +10 Range attack / +10 Range defense / +5 Prayer

This would be nice, people who kill avansies would love this and would be a good alternative to people who couldn't afford arma armour to do gwd.

Book of War: +10 Strength / +5 Prayer

A bit much on the strength, I'd keep it even with the DFS at +7.0 or +6.0 and give 10 across the board to crush, slash, and stab offensive bonuses. The only decent thing the book of war has going for it is a bandos item for people who can't wear any bandos armour.

Ancient Book: +5 Magic attack / +5 Magic defense / +5 Prayer / +5% magic damage bonus

Take off the defense, put magic attack up to +10 maybe +15 and keep the damage bonus on.

"Next up, the Third Age Druid set...

While it will look awesome when trying to blend in at Taverly, the stats are quite rubbish...

Proselyte looks a lot better for the actual purpose of having a REALLY long prayer time... And who knows what Acolyte and Partisan armors bring us in the future... The only useful piece here is the wreath (headgear), everything else has its superior already... Unfortunately, I can think of no places where you'd be fine with JUST high Prayer bonus, and no other offensive or defensive stats, so there is no way for me to improve on this..."

Put more magic attack bonus on it, and maybe equal it to prossy or +1 more than that. When people think of prayer and religions, they think about old timers, ancient people who have lived hundreds of years. Obviously this should mean that the older the armour is the prayer bonus should be higher.

"Then finally the Saradomin/Zamorak/Guthix bow and arrows...

What? Elemental Damage on arrows? The ONLY useful elemental damage so far has been fire damage on Ice Strykewyrms and Frost Dragons... On top of that, I would have expected Guthix to be related more to the element of Air (see rune cost of Claws of Guthix) rather then Earth... Now I do not know how much extra damage that will be, but it looks to be very costly per shot taken if it was any effective... One thing is good about these arows; their ranged strength bonus increases as you increase your Ranged level, up to a maximum of +60 at level 70..."

I'd give another +10 ranged attack bonus and also allow a 1/5 chance you regain and arrow if you use the corresponding bow. Ranged strength on the arrows should keep going after +60 ranged strength to atleast 70 at 99 considering the arrows disappear automatically. Specials are the only reason these bows could be worth it.

Decent analysis and ideas minus the book of war.

Tbh, I don't think the druidic gear should be all that useful....I dunno, I have someone against items with the rarity of 3a being useful? 100m via GE, that's fairly expensive, I don't mind that....but I don't want a "useful" item that you need to start delving into the rares market for, like those spirit shields.

I also think +10 str on Bandos book could be overpowered - maybe add +3 or +4 str bonus....

I LIKE the idea on the Zaros book :D pity that I doubt it'll be implemented.

Overall though, I don't like the idea of TT items being useful, because if they are, they're probably going to be stupidly expensive. Still, I'll fill up those books sooner or later.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

- Prayerbooks aren't supposed to be the best in their class. Look at the old ones, then tell me that it makes sense for the new ones to be that powerful. The appeal is that they have a prayer bonus, not that they have a prayer bonus and are the single best possible strength/ranged/magic item.

- 3a stuff, with a couple of exceptions, isn't really for anything other than show. The Druid one is no different.

- Can't say anything about the God Bows. I don't know enough about them.

I'd also like to contribute to this topic!

My thoughts on Ornamental kits for Dragon armour. They just give tweaks to the looks but this could of been a perfect oppurtunity to bring a bit more life into an old armour set that still maintains quite some value!

I was thinking thanks to the spikes that perhaps they could be attached and result in the armour pieces gaining strength bonuses, perhaps +2 to each armour piece.

I was thinking of just leaving the gold trimming as nothing more than decoration, but I decided perhaps it would be nice to have a slight prayer bonus, again, +2 to each armour piece.

Just giving a slight improvement to an out of date set of armour. You still need to pay a bit of money, or get lucky enough to get these items as drops, and then get lucky enough to get a kit or buy one, so why not give them a slight bonus?

Heck they could throw in a free teleport to the TzHaar bank on the Fury Amulet ornamental kit. Again, nothing overpowered, but hey, why not make these 'trimmings' slighlty more unique since they come seperately from the equipment themselves?

Dragon platelegs could become a much cheaper alternative to Bandos tassets, and the Dragon Square Shield which is pretty badly beaten by the tremoundous amount of shields could gain a bit of redemption.

It would be nice to see a little more variety in higher levels using certain gear, I find it pretty boring going on a slayer task and seeing everyone in near enough the same setup. Let's have a bit of a change Jagex!