Minecraft General

demby123

So I just started playing and spent about an hour building an epic castle. Then I thought, "Hmm. I should save this." Turns out you can't save with the free version. Wish I would have known that earlier :P

Kind of sucks that my computer can't even run it very well anyways -.- Though I guess I shouldn't expect much from a 5-year old Dell.

wl7w9j.png

So I feel like some kind of revolutionary.

I'm sure a lot of you know what "minecart boosting" is.

What I've found out is a way to do that but with 2 minecarts on the same track boosting each other constantly. (which for me boosts my main cart on my main minecart track).

It's pretty [bleep]ing awesome. It's still a big buggy (go figure right?) and sometimes they'll collide in a way that stops it (easily fixed but still). Still it's pretty neat.

Pretty much means that I can just fly down to my mining area instead of walk, and then I can fly back upwards too :P. (though if it bugs out I gotta walk :()

Just learned something amazing, dropping tools and then picking them up in SMP fully restores them. :grin:

Handy for keeping diamond tools forever.

What do you mean? Explain further.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just learned something amazing, dropping tools and then picking them up in SMP fully restores them. :grin:

Handy for keeping diamond tools forever.

What do you mean? Explain further.

I don't know if it's only for certain servers but when you play Survival Multiplayer, if you take a tool that's degraded (been used), drop it on the ground and then pick it up, it resets back to a brand new tool.

So a diamond pickaxe which can be used 1025 times can be dropped just before you've run out of uses, and then when you pick it up it resets, giving you another 1025 uses again.

Nadril, using that system the minecarts have a chance of flying off and just disappearing as well. Which is why systems like the one in the video are actually better than yours. I have a minecart system in the making, it is all designed anyway. But it uses an RS NOR latch system so I press a button for where I want my destination to be, and then call a minecart with a pressure plate. If there is nobody in the cart, it resets so I can summon it again, if I am in the cart it will take me to my destination.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

If there is nobody in the cart, it resets so I can summon it again, if I am in the cart it will take me to my destination.

I can never get that to work for me. No matter what the cart will stop on the pressure plate.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Got my system improved a bit. I made it so that when I step on a plate one of the boosting carts will go on a track that hits my main cart and boosts it and then resets onto its normal loop until it's ready again. :thumbup:

Pretty satisfied with it so far.

I can't find any more stuff to mine and I have tons of rock. Wat build?

Nadril, post screens/vid of that mine cart system, sounds cool.

doubleboostcart.png

That's pretty much the idea for the boosting system. I'm standing at the end of the track. You can see the piece closest to me that curves right, when you stand on a pressure plate it curves left momentarily which puts it onto the other track (which runs by my main track and pushes your cart down). I have the same setup down at the bottom end as well to boost my way back up.

Also a photo of the building.

doubleboostcart.png

Still a little empty, not sure all what to do with it yet.

I need iron. So then I can build a compass, so I can get back home after I've found iron. I just got lost for three game days and I found my first base before everything else. I was going to knock it down, but it's too much of a good checkpoint, as I can navigate to civilisation from there. This is the fourth time it's saved me. : x

#rpgformod

So, my birthday was on the 10th. Got two new games. Two days later, I get this as well.

Guess what I'm playing instead of my birthday presents >_>

*ahem* Anyway, this is probably one of the best games I've ever played. I've always enjoyed the idea of starting with nothing and building up from there (hence why I play Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, The Sims, etc). This game seems to... express that exact thing that I love the most in games.

Right now, I have... a (stubby) lookout tower on top of the cliff my underground base (with two areas covered in grass with torches for animal spawning, a farming field, and an obsidian making room) is built into. Plus a wooden house next to it that somehow I haven't stupidly burnt down yet. I'm prone to falling off of things, I'm surprised I haven't done anything to the house yet >.>

Also, I watched a tutorial for a monster trap that I constructed and modified so it not only catches and drowns mobs, it also delivers the drops into my house's basement (and there's a loot indicator built with wooden pressure plates and redstone circuits that's... annoying to hook up properly)

Right now, I am attempting to locate clay for the hell of it. Only material I haven't seen yet, for some reason. On peaceful mode right now, since I got tired of getting stealth ninja'd by creepers and not being able to find my base several times. Once I'm done screwing around with the clay, I'll switch it up to easy to at least test the mob trap. Then maybe some cave exploring.

*hears a sheep baa'ing in the distance* nuisances, I already have two full squares of cloth a chest at home >_>

EDIT: Of course, the moment I turn back to Minecraft, it's night. Perfect timing, as always. Just wanted to add that getting a compass is likely a priority - that and having your base very close to your spawn point means you can't get lost THAT easily. Hell, my wooden house is literally built on top of my spawn point.

Honestly, now that I think of it, (random thought ftw) I have way, way too much food stored. 3 stacks of wheat plus a chest of pork (a big chest at that). I need something to use that on >.>

I'd also like to note that, for any extended forays into the wild away from base, take supplies to make more tools with you (raw lumber and cobblestone at the very least) and a crafting bench. It really sucks finding a mine, burrowing down a good distance, and realizing the pick that you're just about to break is your last one and you have no supplies >.<

Link_Olaran.png

Due to me being on dialup, I only can play survival single player :P

I find that iron is a tiny bit difficult to find (unless you really go digging a lot, which I don't do as much), coal is freaking everywhere though (having like, 10 full stacks common for me). I've only found maybe 3-4 gold ore rocks so far, and 2 1/2 stacks worth of redstone dust. Maybe 8-10 diamonds, and those are really, really deep down, from what I've seen. I dug a shaft straight down from my spawn point, and started mining from down there. That's how I found the few diamonds I have :P although it takes a few picks to get down that deep.

You could be cheap and download a map viewing program (the wiki has links, I believe) which can show you where ores are located - I personally have Minecraft X-ray for when I really need to find something, otherwise I'll explore and locate it myself. I found X-ray a bit glitchy though, it does serve it's purpose.

Still trying to hunt down this blasted clay. I haven't found a single piece of it, I'm starting to think my map spawned without it -_-

Oh, and I also have the Painterly texture pack installed. Looks very nice.

Link_Olaran.png

No-one has bad luck like me. I never saw coal until the bottom of the map. I've seen diamond, gold, clay and iron even less than that. >_>

But I still love this game. :3

#rpgformod

Alright, so I figured out what to do with all that rock. A MONUMENT TO MY GREATNESS.

A long, stone bridge (one solid mass, it's not hollow), with a huge tower at the end of it. On top of the tower is a bunch of torches, as well as one tall extention topped off with five torches on and around a gold point. A staircase on the side leads to a dock.

javaw2010-10-1711-00-33-38.png

javaw2010-10-1711-00-58-45.png

javaw2010-10-1711-01-32-24.png

javaw2010-10-1711-01-40-14.png

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Lol I've found a ridiculous amount of iron. I don't even have to try and I just trip over it it seems.

Had like 140 bars, used a ton of them for my minecart system though.

Me too. I have 120 bars or so waiting to be used for tracks. I also have about 300 redstone, but there use just confuses me :|.

Diamond, on the other hand....

lampost_sig_stark.png