Minecraft General

demby123

Just bought the game a few days ago. While there's not a whole lot to do without mods in single player, the game does have some great potential. Survival Multiplayer on roleplaying servers is a lot of fun though, especially when you start working together to get huge structures built up. :thumbup:

I just finished building a lighthouse, which goes up to cloud level. I had everything in place and was beginning to put lava in, where some spilt out of my hole I was pouring it into. I burnt about half of my top portion down (it was made of wood). It also very nearly destroyed my chest of goodies.

Now to make the house around it, further landscape the island it is on and make a pier. My next project is a minecart system from my other tall tower to my lighthouse.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Heh I've got like 100+ iron bars at the moment in my single player world. Probably going to relocate myself to a new spot in the side of a mountain then make a mineshaft system with minecart tracks.

After a simple and smooth payment, I started playing Minecraft. And sure enough, I had a heart attack when I heard the first growl. D:

This signature is intentionally left blank.

minecraft.gif

In other news, Minecraft has sold 400,000 copies. Man, I remember when there was about 10-20 sales maximum a day. Now its about 7,000 daily and might hit over 10,000 constantly.

vizardsig-1.png

After a simple and smooth payment, I started playing Minecraft. And sure enough, I had a heart attack when I heard the first growl. D:

Try playing in a pitch dark room at 1AM with the sound on really high. D:

I always expect to see a creeper whenever I hear a sound but it always seems to come from the surface.

Today Steam sent out a popup that said "Minecraft Update Today!" and got me all excited. Turns out it was just because somebody had created an event for the update (which is actually the 31st).

Rawr. Minecraft/Paypal aren't coming together in a nice combination.

So I bought a Visa debit/gift card on Wednesday and have encountered an error message very early into the process of buying Minecraft. Found out yesterday that it had to do with some oblique "Restricted Country" payment reason, and today I just found out the actual reason is that Paypal cannot convert USD to Euros on a debit/gift card.

So, I guess now I work on loading my cash off of my debit card to Paypal. Which is harder then it sounds, since Paypal hasn't supported that feature as "We automatically use your card if there are no funds in your balance." But Paypal doesn't convert, so.. Oi.

Anyway, the most helpful post I've found about this issue:

Chanyongkit is talking about using Visa Gift Cards to buy Minecraft. The reason for going through those steps is that the gift cards can only be used to purchase with USD. Paypal can't convert USD to Euro on those cards because of the restriction.

I've thought about doing this method [mentioned in source topic] a while back to buy a friend Minecraft, but haven't gotten around to do it. Need to open a new bank account again, so much stuff I want to buy that'd be easier if I still had one.

Source

Minecraft is by far the most incredible game I have ever seen.

This is how it went for me:

1. Hear a little about Minecraft. Try to download game, says drivers are old and have to update, forget about it.

2. See fan-made trailer of Minecraft, try to update my drivers and game works.

3. Play 30 minutes in Alpha Offline mode

4. Buy game.

I freaking love this game, it's incredible. I like to say that this is the Lego's I never had as a children, since I can build stuff I've always wanted to build with Lego's but couldn't because it was physically impossible, and this joins the RPG side of it in it, making it unbelievably fun to play.

ib7rVm.png

Buying this game has been way more complicated than it has to be. Just put it on Steam for [bleep]'s sake!

What's complicated about it?

PayPal. Christ I hate it. Also, if it were on Steam, I wouldn't have the gaming [rooster]-block that is "Valid only in US".

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Buying this game has been way more complicated than it has to be. Just put it on Steam for [bleep]'s sake!

What's complicated about it?

PayPal. Christ I hate it. Also, if it were on Steam, I wouldn't have the gaming [rooster]-block that is "Valid only in US".

Steam is a joy to use when buying games. For me, it is a two step procedure.

lampost_sig_stark.png

1.) Use MineEdit.

2.) Lay down 2 mob spawners.

3.) Change them so one spawns Skeletons, and the other spawns Spiders.

4.) ????

5.) Profit.

About Skeletons riding spiders, it is a very frightening thing. Even worse is when it happens in the day, the spider might begin chasing you while the skeleton is on fire. Not fun. :ohnoes:

vizardsig-1.png

1.) Use MineEdit.

2.) Lay down 2 mob spawners.

3.) Change them so one spawns Skeletons, and the other spawns Spiders.

4.) ????

5.) Profit.

About Skeletons riding spiders, it is a very frightening thing. Even worse is when it happens in the day, the spider might begin chasing you while the skeleton is on fire. Not fun. :ohnoes:

I still haven't figured out how to use MineEdit for that sort of thing yet.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

There has to be another way to get this game before the price doubles...

Can it be bought on a gift card? I'd have to get one that isn't valid in US only. But what about the fact that this guy can only take Euro? Will that be a problem when paying with gift cards? Alright, new international law. If you charge for your game, and you do NOT make it available on Steam, Gordan Freeman and the Heavy come and kick your ass.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.