snowboarder

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean "main bot site"?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

There was some post I thought was absolute brilliance to combat the bot situation. The person said Jagex should move objects (sought after by bots) a few spaces. Whether it be yew trees or whatever. I personally think it was an epic suggestion because the bots wouldn't know what to do lol, in fact they would probably walk in circles or face the corner of a wall. Jagex could change it randomly just like the g.e. so the cheaters would never be able to use bots efficiently.

As for the current situation, it won't change things much. Like the saying goes... Botters gonna bot

2vuhgcn.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but botters today don't use mouse recorders all too often. They use a program that detects colours, I think.

Could be wrong, but yeah.

Ye, you are wrong. There are a number of ways, but they don't go on color alone.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

lol no bot would use colour or something..

They use the internal data of the applet (the server tells your applet simply: hey at x,y should be a monster, or better: "at x,y is item I"). Then your applet thinks by itself: "alright item I should be drawn there, now that means this and that model has to be loaded and drawn". Now the bots have learned how to read that data (not that difficult anyone with professional java & asm experience should be able to make it) and understand it (just requires a human interface to link the indices to real items).

Towards runescape nothing else (in the most basic format) than: "hey I clicked at position x,y". - A bot would just sent this data (no need for a mouse or anything).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

100915183120.png

lool

LOL, bot FAIL.

And there all lvl 100+ :( sad

Here are the total levels for those "supposed" bots

Bye2death - 1,651 - 99atk, str - 98 cons - 96 def -

xale - 1366

thunder9751 - 1,235

tyugtj - 1,410

cometnebula - 1,663

niyamei2 - not on high score list only atk,str,def and con was

none of them had any inpressive lvls or anything, was hoping for some1 with like 2k+ total to flame :P

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

@ Kierato

I think it's against the rules to post pics of players "cheating".

Like many have said, it's a matter of time before new macros are released.

All you lazy people don'T worry, raw materials won't be affected for too long.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Clearly you know nothing about bots and how their scripts work. This update does nothing to stop bots. All they'd have to do for the Green Dragon thing is change the script a tiny bit, probably just one line actually.

@ Kierato

Show where this rule is.

Stonewall337.png

@ Kierato

Show where this rule is.

I meant tip.it's rules by the way. Gonna check on it...

Edit : from tip.it forum rules

1.5 - Naming Names

Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted. That person is not able to defend themselves or their actions and what seems like an inappropriate action (which can often be a simple misunderstanding) can lead to a negative reaction against that person

Edited by langer

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Ahh, I thought you were focusing on the "cheating" part instead of showing ppl cheating.

Stonewall337.png

@ Kierato

Show where this rule is.

1.5 - Naming Names

Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted. That person is not able to defend themselves or their actions and what seems like an inappropriate action (which can often be a simple misunderstanding) can lead to a negative reaction against that person

But as I see it, kierato isn't naming anyone in a negative light. All that pic shows is some botters that are "broken, and not naming anyone specifically, even if the names are shown.

@ Kierato

Show where this rule is.

1.5 - Naming Names

But as I see it, kierato isn't naming anyone in a negative light. All that pic shows is some botters that are "broken, and not naming anyone specifically, even if the names are shown.

This

I did not cast them in a negative light. They cast themselves in a negative light. And they are present on all worlds pretty much.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

all im saying is the main bot site "<link removed>.org" didn't wanna say name incase it offends anyone but its down for a while because of the new setup page so it's gonna take a while to fix. go to the website yourself and see.

Removed link leading to a botting site ~ Jimmy_Jim

@ Kietaro and those responding to his picture

I have no doubt that these players are probably botters, hence cheaters and deserve the bad publicity of having their names shown on a forum. But the thing is, being pretty sure is not a garantee of guilt.

I'm not arguying the fact that every world is filled wth "players" blocked at the ditch wearing green dragons hunting gear. Just saying a pic showing names in a bad light, even though these players "asked" for it, is against the rules on these boards.

langerkiller.png

There was some post I thought was absolute brilliance to combat the bot situation. The person said Jagex should move objects (sought after by bots) a few spaces. Whether it be yew trees or whatever. I personally think it was an epic suggestion because the bots wouldn't know what to do lol, in fact they would probably walk in circles or face the corner of a wall. Jagex could change it randomly just like the g.e. so the cheaters would never be able to use bots efficiently.

As for the current situation, it won't change things much. Like the saying goes... Botters gonna bot

There are two ways to find stuff in RS, that both humans and bots use.

One is remembering where the object is. Everybody does this for some of the greater resources, like yew trees, magic trees, rune ore, etc. The second is searching for what your looking for, generally done when there an abundance of resource, like normal trees.

Doing a search algorithm is slower then looking at just 3-4 tiles, but consider that bots would not have to search more then once. All they would have to do is have the script search the area for all the id's of whatever they want and store it in variables.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada