36 members have voted

1. 1. Which clues do you do?

• Only 1s
    • Only 2s
    • Only 3s
    • 2s and 3s
    • All of them
    • None of them

So in my entire RS career spanning 5 years I have never gotten a decent clue, until yesterday. Yesterday I got a Zammy Page worth 2M. Before that every clue I'd done had been pretty awful, worse than 200K. So my question is which clues are worth doing? All of them? Level 1s? 2s? 3s? I realize that probably the majority of the clues I did before were probably 1s and 2s with the occasional 3. I know that stuff like robin hat and ranging boots can potentially be gained from these lower ones but most of the time it's pretty lame stuff.

Which clues do you do?

Thanks.

vettro.png

Depends on how you value your time. At the highest levels, none of them are worth doing(even elite) as you don't gain any xp from them.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

My opinion, do them all.

1s: Take 5 minutes max with a chance at half decent rewards.

2s: Rarely dropped by slayer/training monsters and with a chance for ranger boots they're definitely worth doing as they don't take long at all.

3s: Decent rewards, and after you do enough of them you know where the clue locations are. Can be done in under 1/2 hour so I'd say they're worth it.

4s: They're a nice surprise when you receive them, and with a shot at a Fury Kit and other valuable items why not.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I personally only do level 3 and up because there are more valuable awards available (plus I'm usually killing things that only drop those anyway).

My suggestion would just be to do them as you get them while doing other things (eg. Slayer).

j0xPu5R.png

I say it's not worth doing.

You'd need to earn 1 mil per lvl3/4 cluescroll average to match frost dragons.

and even then you lose the xp and the effigies.

ive done plenty of lvl 3 cluescrolls, and my average profit off of the ~20-30 or so ive done has been a grand total of about 5-10 mil.

not nearly the 20-30mil+ I'd need to justify it.

So no, I never do them.

Naaxi.png

Well, i would say lvl 1s are better than lvl2s, since lvl1s is alot faster than lvl2s and lvl1s give zammy pages which is 1,8 mil now

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I do every clue I get with the exception of metal drags where I sometimes just drop it if its level 3 in hope of level 4 if I have still lots of dragons to kill.

The clues don't really take that long to do so I don't see why wouldn't you do every level.

Zammy page 2m?? pfft, I paid under 1m for my whole book.

Sephy.png

for a while i did a string of lvl 1 clues from ham members jsut for the heck of it. i made off with about 3 mil in loot after about 30 clues.

yea most of them were junk but i enjoy clues.

ir rellay depends on how much you like doing clues.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

i voted 3 cause i don't have a 3&4 option on the poll, but i do 3&4 cause that's what monsters I'm normally killing in slayer. I don't care about efficiency or gp/hr like a lot of people do. I care about having fun and having that small chance of getting a good drop. Most of the clues I've done have been around 50k or so, but I've gotten a Sara kite, several Sara, Zam, and Guth pages, several heraldic kites and helms, an Arma cloak, and a Guth bow. Its entirely up to you if you do the clue or not, i personally will stop my task if I've been there awhile, my familiar is about to go, I'm outta pots, whatever, to do the clue so I have the chance to get another clue in the same task. I do that mainly because taking the time out to have a chance at these rare drops really is worth it in the long run.

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

Interesting. Thanks for the replies. Clues tend to take me a rather longer time so efficiency-wise it probably isn't the best idea. I think they are a good break from slayer or whatever I'm doing at the time though.

Edit: I do realize I didn't add an option for level 4 clues. This is because I will probably almost never get one. :-P

vettro.png

Clues don't interest me much. They can be an entertaining diversion occasionally, but the gameplay isn't all that deep and they don't give any rewards, so meh.

DONT GIVE ANY REWARDS ?!@?!@!@!@!@!@!@

they give great rewards if you do enough of them

besides the reward is having fun and distracting yourself from the grind that is the entirety of runescape.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

If you look at gp/h clues aren't worth doing simple.

I do them anyway cause i like them, did 2 today :

a level 3 pretty average 120k for 15mins work (unless you allready did a lot of them its more like 30mins each)

a level 4 380k for 40mins work (was my first one)

I sometimes do level 1 and 2 but only if i dont see an Uri from the start haha.

Also i dont value my time in game in gp/h, i just go for whatever i feel like doing depending on my time shedule.

nasty_jenny.png

Clues don't interest me much. They can be an entertaining diversion occasionally, but the gameplay isn't all that deep and they don't give any rewards, so meh.

DONT GIVE ANY REWARDS ?!@?!@!@!@!@!@!@

they give great rewards if you do enough of them

besides the reward is having fun and distracting yourself from the grind that is the entirety of runescape.

~~~legoman187~~~

No matter what I do, I'm going to make money. Since clue scrolls make no more money than I'd get if I ignored them and kept slaying, I gain no quantifiable benefit by completing them.

I love clues and find them entertaining. They break up the monotony of slayer and it's a great feeling to pull a nice reward. Elites are very good in my experiences. I've only had five of them, but have made a good 40m off of them. Granted 27m was off of a mith dragon mask. =p

If you do enjoy them, I recommend doing level three and four clues you get. If you don't like them, they generally aren't efficient enough in gp/hr to make up for the time spent on them, especially because of the minimal combat/magic xp received through killing wizards and double agents and teleports.

Personally, I do all 3s and 4s, and a 2 if I feel like it. I can complete a leve; 3 clue in 2-30 minutes (have access to near every teleport in the game helps :P) and level 4s don;t take much longer if you know what you're doing, and it's nearly guaranteed at least 100k. I make an average of ~200k off each, not bad...I've gotten a lot recently (as in 3 from 1 garg task) and I've been getting lots of nice items like ancient pages and god armour.

2s...The chance at ranger boots and masks is good. But I only really get them from daggs. :P

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.