Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Middle

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

dragon246665
[ Display Name History ]

dragon246665

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nitro_Naught
For me, the hardest part of this game was definitely between the time that I was 80 combat to 100 combat. I remember always feeling like I had to either grind for endless hours or give up. I wasn't high leveled enough to make a lot of money killing monsters that gave good drops because my combat level was too low. And if I wanted to get a higher combat level I would need money to buy weapons food and armor, but I had no money because I was too low leveled to kill things that gave good profit. A vicious cycle...

The thing about this awkward period between noobness and being high leveled was that I was between the point where everything was still new and exciting, and the point where everything is challenging and rewarding. And thats one of my major complaints about runescape is that the game sort of has a bottleneck between the fun and exciting low leveled stuff and the fun and exciting high leveled stuff. Sure theres mid level content, too much many would say, but none of them are real longterm money makers like combat is. I mean, admit it, try skilling for 10 million gp, then try killing for 10 million gp, I bet that unless you're a skiller with 99 runecrafting it would be easier to kill for your money.

Perhaps I'm just crazy, but in my opinion there is a large leap in terms of xp and gp from the low levels to the high levels that some players might not be motivated enough to cross.
Posted Image

CharlieBrown
[ Display Name History ]

CharlieBrown

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • RSN:CharlieBrown

For me, the hardest part of this game was definitely between the time that I was 80 combat to 100 combat.

Ever tried going from Draynor to Fally passing the highway men as a level 3?

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
I never thought of it like that, but wo, now that I do, I think you are absolutely correct.

dragon246665
[ Display Name History ]

dragon246665

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • RSN:Nitro_Naught
But thats what I'm talking about, it was an adventure back when I was a level 3.
Posted Image

stormveritas
[ Display Name History ]

stormveritas

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,883 posts
  • RSN:Stormveritas
It's always relative. Just have fun; you will have plenty of adventure at level 100 where you still feel inadequate.

So long as you're having a good time, your level is irrelevant.
Posted Image

Gandalf14141
[ Display Name History ]

Gandalf14141

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • RSN:Gandalf14141
  • RSN2:Eragon14141
I still feel like I'm in that awkward area, and I'm level 115

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.

Signature

grammar2gr8dx.png

[ Display Name History ]

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I would have to agree, although i was f2p for some time around that cb lvl area.
I think because you don't yet have access to the high level content and money making options and you feel you've already done all the "low level" things you can do,
you feel stuck.
Money becomes a big issue around that level because you get the ability to wear high end gear but don't have the cash needed to sate the lust for equipment.
I personally got my quest cape because i was so bored around that combat level, and the road along the way was one of the most enjoyable times I've had in RS.
And i agree that many players might give up around that time because they dont have enough money.
I know a 103 who has a hard time keeping his 13m bank up without spending it all, and he doesn't seem to like RS much because of it.

Too tired to type anymore so ill end with this
Yeah i agree :thumbup:

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
Hehe I was f2p up until 95 combat or so. As a result, most of the members quests were really easy by the time I did it :shades:

Staurolite.png

Utopia
[ Display Name History ]

Utopia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Utopia
Agreed. :thumbup:

Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
I started slaying at around 80 combat, so I never experienced that. For me, it was hardest from 100-130 because I wanted to get to higher levels so badly, but there's a massive difference between 100 and 130+. I didn't feel like a high level player till 135, actually.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer
It was harder, maybe, but then again, I wasn't used to the of work it requires for some things in the game, which I am now.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Gwasha
[ Display Name History ]

Gwasha

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • RSN:Gwasha
  • Clan:HashtagSWAG
From what I remember, that level was the most fun for me.

I had real life friends that used to play, and it was always a blast to go and do the most random crap as a group. One of us would hear or see something, and we would "set out" to do it. At that level, you can easily start fighting better things, or skilling in more interesting ways with more options, without having a lot of fear of dieing or getting lost.

I do think that the mid levels today have it kind of rough. A lot of them have huge goals like owning a fury, but only have very mediocre ways of getting money. It's a tough bump to get over, but in my opinion, it was one of the more fun bumps.
Posted Image

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
Luckily, with dragon bones as expensive as they are nowadays, this is MUCH less of an issue than it was when some of us were mid level. I used to fletch and alch yew longs for 50gp profit a bow when I was a youngin.

Seriously, green dragons are absurdly easy and drop such a tremendous profit per kill. The amount of time that one must train to reach a combat that can reasonably kill green dragons is tiny.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Flareboy64
[ Display Name History ]

Flareboy64

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:OMG CHURRO

Luckily, with dragon bones as expensive as they are nowadays, this is MUCH less of an issue than it was when some of us were mid level. I used to fletch and alch yew longs for 50gp profit a bow when I was a youngin.

I remember the good 'ol days of w132 Yanille bank, selling yew longs to make my first mill at around lvl 90. Ahh, good times.

saywuuuut
[ Display Name History ]

saywuuuut

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts
I didn't really notice it when I was that level, but when you think about it there really just used to be the Kalphite Queen and maybe the KBD as high level boss monsters - nowaways there are so many high level monsters to strive towards. The main reason I trained back then was to duel/pk, as I think many people did, and that was a cheap activity. In the current game monster hunting is huge, especially with Slayer being released, and you NEED high level armour and weapons that didn't even exist back then.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,463 posts
Yes i know this feeling well. The mid levels before you can play efficiently are the hardest part - especially your first time around. (after you get maxed combat im sure if you got banned and did it again it wouldnt be nearly as hard as your first time)

Im still pretty much in this area but its definitely getting easier now then it used to be. I was astounded that i could solo kq with no problems now, that i can do slayer tasks in one trip, kill nomad. All these things have been out of my league for most of my rs career and it feels odd to be so powerful now (abite trash still compared to you pro's that are reading this).

But yes the middle levels are by far the hardest, not in terms of exp per hour but inexperience with success I would say. A lot of us need that 99 cooking before we have the will power to grind other harder skills to 99. Some players are just pro by nature and time requirements dont phase them but i definitely know what your saying. My noobish cooking and woodcutting capes are what has been keeping me from stopping slayer (before them I would get bored after a few tasks now I can handle dozens of tasks with no problem)

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
I remember years and years ago when I was to poor to afford addy, and I always wondered why I sucked at pking and absoloutley nothing I did could get me some decent cash untill I got members and started picking flax :S.
Although this happened at level 20-40 or something.

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

Perhaps I'm just crazy

Ah, there you go. Nailed it.

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
i never really noticed anything like that.

was too busy having fun killing stuff to notice if i was a noob or needed to grind moar.

The_Star_King
[ Display Name History ]

The_Star_King

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 48 posts

For me, the hardest part of this game was definitely between the time that I was 80 combat to 100 combat. I remember always feeling like I had to either grind for endless hours or give up. I wasn't high leveled enough to make a lot of money killing monsters that gave good drops because my combat level was too low. And if I wanted to get a higher combat level I would need money to buy weapons food and armor, but I had no money because I was too low leveled to kill things that gave good profit. A vicious cycle...

The thing about this awkward period between noobness and being high leveled was that I was between the point where everything was still new and exciting, and the point where everything is challenging and rewarding. And thats one of my major complaints about runescape is that the game sort of has a bottleneck between the fun and exciting low leveled stuff and the fun and exciting high leveled stuff. Sure theres mid level content, too much many would say, but none of them are real longterm money makers like combat is. I mean, admit it, try skilling for 10 million gp, then try killing for 10 million gp, I bet that unless you're a skiller with 99 runecrafting it would be easier to kill for your money.

Perhaps I'm just crazy, but in my opinion there is a large leap in terms of xp and gp from the low levels to the high levels that some players might not be motivated enough to cross.

A giant puberty analogy, I get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users