Alternitive (More Fun?) Firemaking Training method.

nothnxtoyou

Staring a grind for fire making 79 in the face:

• I could spend gps on logs and torch the GE for the 12 millionth time.
  • I could typewriter the Coal truck tracks again.
  • I could go burn up Teak in Tai Bwo village.
  • I could go hack yews in seers village.

Since I'm not a 99 wood cutter yet might as well train that too, so the first one is out. Beside I frown at Fire making in the GE, I think it is tacky looking (exceot firelighters, they are fun to share with others).

The other 3 I have done so much I groaned at the thought. Then I remembered an article, The Tip It Times did the article:

Fun Comes Second? 11 Apr 2010 From the Tip It Times

Fun shouldnt really become a secondary priority when playing a game, but it does, and this worries me. Because I chose to have fun when I play, not grind out level after level, I have low levels and little money. Because I dont have high levels, Im not as good as the high level elite. So because I chose to have fun when I play, Im not seen to be as good or important as other people.

So I created the burning ramble.

Since I was in Catherby Bank. I loaded up my lumber jack outfit, rabbits foot, Dragon ax, and ring of fire. Grab a tinderbox and started cutting and lighting. Any tree I could cut and light was fair game. Trees, oaks, dead trees, magic logs, even yews (ugh, why I hate yews later). The rules are simple you can step north or south around obstacles, east if you must but never west. To move west you light a fire. I ended up finding Rosero, Did you know he sold Dragon daggers? Home teleport the on to round 2.

Round 2: Since I was in Lumbridge I added the seers head band (the 2 logs help in the dry patches between trees) to my inventory, dumped my bird nests in the bank and started at the farming plot.

Did I run out of logs? Yup, guess what there are a lot of trees in runescape, I got more. Did I run into things and find out that you can't light a fire in a church? Yup. Did I have fun? Yup.

Maybe I'll burn my way across the wilderness and see how many revs I can kill?

So uh...I'm not exactly sure what the discussion was meant to be..

But I guess I will give it a shot. I do not like firemaking or woodcutting, or any of those types of boring skills (unless I am watching a TV show/movie, then I can handle it). I am with you that I try to have as much fun as I can, but let me tell you: I find it a lot more fun that I, in my own eyes, have achieved some decent levels. Although sometimes leveling these skills was boring, I find that the reward made it worth it to me and I got more fun in the end then if I had just messed around the entire time. My two cents.

Big_Stingman.png

So are we supposed to disscuss fire making methodes that arn't effiicient but are fun?

Personally i've done alot of shade and vyre watch burning for my fm levels. And then burning chewed and mangled bones whenever i get from slayer tasks. Ya it's alot slower then normal fm training but, especially with vyres, its fun getting the ocasional (g) or (t) armour and the ocasional good random drop from the other methods.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I did some research on beacon network for firemaking experience.

definitely less repetitive than normal firemaking.

The thing is, you don't get the experience bonus for constantly maintaining it.

If you want good experience, you'll need to wait for all the fires to die off before attempting again.

And even using normal logs and not giving the other firemakers extra logs, a good runner should find himself a lot of time to spare.

if you can light all the beacons it's 40k firemaking xp per run.

it'll take ~10 minutes for all 10 beacons to die down if you use normal logs i believe.

and the run itself should only take like 7 minutes, but that's ignoring preparation (which is nontrivial)

xp isn't great, isn't bad, but it's kinda like farming in the sense that you'll have down time in between runs.

just puttin that out there.

Naaxi.png

How long does the preparation take? I might take this into consideration, since I hate normal fm'ing.

I don't usually record data on preparation time, sorry :P

it would be pretty quick if you put all if the required items next to each other in your bank though.

you'd probably be better off with barbarian assault.

you get A LOT less xp at lower firemaking levels just because the multiple beacon lighting bonus scales pretty harshly.

Tedbunty's been using zamorak brews to hurt himself, then have the healer heal him to get a lot of points on early floors.

Apparently you get so many points for healing, and the early floors are so short, doing floors 1-6 with this technique is faster horn charging.

But it's a matter of finding a good team, and not accidentally making your allies think "why the heck did the noob reset after floor 6"

Naaxi.png

Found something New, now I want to know what a neverberry bush is.

The bushes that hide th new Charm Sprites found south of the Gnome Stronghold... It is rumored that they never hold any berries!!!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

sound like rsc firemaking, and stupid.

You are looking at the problem from the wrong point of view- if you hate skill, you are not forced to level it. I, for example, horrendously hate runecrafting. So, what do i do?? i train slayer, or slay TD's/frosts. Be smart about it, not stupid.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You are looking at the problem from the wrong point of view- if you hate skill, you are not forced to level it. I, for example, horrendously hate runecrafting. So, what do i do?? i train slayer, or slay TD's/frosts. Be smart about it, not stupid.

2 things.

1: you have 95 runecrafting (just saying).

2: sometimes we are forced to level a skill. i for one am training constuction for a few quests i want to do (nomand, love story etc)

all he is saying is that if you want to train WC and FM, but hate training them. this is a very efective method.

he may "hate" the skill, but by hes own words, he had fun doing this.

i mean no harm or anything, its just that i think your the one "looking at the problem from the wrong point of view"

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

2 things.

1: you have 95 runecrafting (just saying).

2: sometimes we are forced to level a skill. i for one am training constuction for a few quests i want to do (nomand, love story etc)

all he is saying is that if you want to train WC and FM, but hate training them. this is a very efective method.

he may "hate" the skill, but by hes own words, he had fun doing this.

i mean no harm or anything, its just that i think your the one "looking at the problem from the wrong point of view"

I'd be 86(and that xp is accumulated over 6 years) rc if it wasn't for effigies....so...seems smart.

You are never forced to do anything. You just want to(or don't want to, in this situation).

85 RC still seems ridiculously high if you hate every single moment training. Even at 50K/h that's over 65 hours of not enjoyed gameplay. Sounds like a lot to me.

OT: the OP's attitude is the best one. Trying to find a new way to train something, not for the sake of training, but for having fun while the xp is a side effect.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I like this.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

85 RC still seems ridiculously high if you hate every single moment training. Even at 50K/h that's over 65 hours of not enjoyed gameplay. Sounds like a lot to me.

OT: the OP's attitude is the best one. Trying to find a new way to train something, not for the sake of training, but for having fun while the xp is a side effect.

Alot? yes. Alot over 6 YEARS? 1 hour every month? very, very little.

i'll stick to burning magics at the ge, but whatever floats your boat

Yeah, with BA horn, it takes around 16 hours of firemaking for 99. It'd actually be smarter to pk for fm gloves and get the 99 in ~8 hours(gloves+horn), barely a days work. What does anyone think i have so much fm xp over 99...

Can you make it from lumbridge to white wolf mountain with your rules?

Can you make it from catherby bank to piscatoris colony with your rules?

Yes of course when a title on this forum has "fun" on it you should post how stupid it is because you obviously know better.

Thanks for the chuckles as usual, clown. :lol:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

i probably have the strangest firemakig method in runescape

i start with a full pack and logs, and i run all over runescape from bank to bank withuot relighting

with practice you can run about 5-7 spaces (depending on direction ur running, forward or backward or side) and not relight, this means your firemaking speed remains the same, 1 log per 2.4 seconds, however you can run all you want

its highly amusing, i usualy start at ge, run to varrock west, bank for more logs, run to edgevil, bank for more logs, run to monastary then tele to some random jewlery bank, then go form 1 bank to another

i can still do about 1200-1300 logs/h and its highly amusing running all over runescape while leaving a trail of fire behind me, and not loosing any speed while i burn (you make mistakes at first)

if you want a challenge try running from ge to edge bank on 1 pack without relighting

more challenging, run from ge to champions guild front door without relighting

more challenging, circle varrock castle and make it back to the ge banker without relighitng

therse many many more amusing "journeys" you can take, in the 64.8 seconds it takes to do a pack of logs

maybe next time i fm ill experiment with a yak + the take bob option, this will give me over 2 minutes to run and i can do some larger "journeys" in this time, maybe with yak i can make it from edge to fally bank without relighting to extent my journey more

a_final_name.png

You can have your fun, but I actually want to train that skill so I'm going to stick to buying maples.

Sometimes, "fun" really isn't fun.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I really don't think your method can be fun on a long-term basis. Must be boring going around places cutting trees and lighting them.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess. But honestly I'd much rather buy a bunch of magic logs and burn 'em away then go duo a boss with a frien than do this.

WarBlastoise.png

[hide]i probably have the strangest firemakig method in runescape

i start with a full pack and logs, and i run all over runescape from bank to bank withuot relighting

with practice you can run about 5-7 spaces (depending on direction ur running, forward or backward or side) and not relight, this means your firemaking speed remains the same, 1 log per 2.4 seconds, however you can run all you want

its highly amusing, i usualy start at ge, run to varrock west, bank for more logs, run to edgevil, bank for more logs, run to monastary then tele to some random jewlery bank, then go form 1 bank to another

i can still do about 1200-1300 logs/h and its highly amusing running all over runescape while leaving a trail of fire behind me, and not loosing any speed while i burn (you make mistakes at first)

if you want a challenge try running from ge to edge bank on 1 pack without relighting

more challenging, run from ge to champions guild front door without relighting

more challenging, circle varrock castle and make it back to the ge banker without relighitng

therse many many more amusing "journeys" you can take, in the 64.8 seconds it takes to do a pack of logs

maybe next time i fm ill experiment with a yak + the take bob option, this will give me over 2 minutes to run and i can do some larger "journeys" in this time, maybe with yak i can make it from edge to fally bank without relighting to extent my journey more[/hide]

You might run into the problem of energy restoration going from edge to fally. Pun intended.

pere_grin.png