My goodness, this is a completely different game...

koddo1

I stopped playing this game a year or so ago, and have come back now to find it just a completely different game. I read people's posts and I can't even understand 90% of the acronyms anymore. It's crazy. I'm glad I don't have any members/combat accounts anymore because I think I would just be scared off by all the changes.

There isn't really a point to this thread, just for me to say...wow.

Also, do you think this game is better now than it was a year ago?

cwscore2.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall the game is better. Dungeoneering, while not for everyone, is a pretty fun skill to play with. The rewards, in the forms of chaotic weapons (amongst MANY others) are fantastic.

Access to new content including frost dragons (which take the bite out of prayer training) and effigies make for easier skill training as well.

I am sure some would disagree, but on the whole it's been positive.

stormveritas.png

Let me say this first, Hi koddo!

The game has changed, but It gives you the opportunity to have that experience of exploration without knowing what you are doing. It is a valuable time which will quickly run out, so enjoy it while you can.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

welcome to wowscape

LOL. Another kid who has obviously never played WoW. Runescape couldn't be more different from World of Warcraft if it tried.

just a joke

Even if you were joking (which I doubt), the sad truth is that most of the RS Community would agree with you.

Also, do you think this game is better now than it was a year ago?

Definitely. Jagex continues to tweak the game to make it more accessible and user friendly, and new content is of very high quality - Dungeoneering especially. Although major storylines haven't been touched in a while, new quests are very playable, and from a technical standpoint the game is becoming more robust by the month (new graphics, new sound effects, engine updates, etc).

The core gameplay remains the same, however.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you before, but welcome back anyway.

I would agree with the first response that overall the game has improved however...

At the risk of sounding overly negative, with each new update and upgrade to SOME existing content, much of the rest of the game feels worse and worse. Fortunately for you there's a ton of new activities of a standard, higher quality for you to do before you might have to or want to catch up on old things. Unfortunately, the older, neglected content seems horrible in comparison and hurts some areas of the game.

Think of it like a scale - One side is new content and the other side is old content and on each side lies a stack of enjoyment. As more new content is released, more of the enjoyment from the old content side of the scale is re-appropriated to the new content side.

I hope you have fun catching up though!

2dgucz6.png

Runescape now is definitely better than it was before. With all the constant updates and new content, how is the game going for the worse? :)

I suggest you try out all of the new quests/diaries and dungeoneering. They are probably the most major stuff out of all of them. Not to mention, there's the Halloween event now!

@ xxshady: That was rather unnecessary...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Nevertheless the word "noob" is still the word we use to call our comrades and "another boring update" is still the most used comment in this section...

Anyways, always a good idea to sell your expensive weapon before taking a break as this game updates in term of weeks.

Yo Koddo,

I said the exact same thing. I hadn't played for 6+ months and came back and didn't recognise so much. I've just wc'ed since getting members as it's easy to afk thanks to ivy but once I get 99 i'm going to get back into slaying. I did a bit of f2p dungeoneering but doubt i'll do it on p2p. It's taken me 2 weeks but I think I understand most stuff now.

I'm too old school for my own good.

Mizen

lanthuscg3.png

Yes, the game has made a ton of progress in the past year, But I say boo to the trade limit lol. Welcome back also! as a new member of Tip.it I dont know you but its always nice to see someone come back after an absence!

smileymb8.jpg

Yeah several times in my rs career I've quit for around 6 months at a time and come back and found so many changes, I find it fun though to discover all the new content you didn't know about after a break from the game. The worst was when I quit after getting 99 wcing and came back to find they had added ivy/sawmill and devalued my hard work getting it all on yews, lol

Bbk.png

Hay Koddo. I kinda know what you mean, I was semi inactive from feb-july and alot has changed but I think I kept fairly up to date just reading forums etc so it wasn't too hard to figure stuff out. I still seem to find out new stuff every now and then that seems to be common knowledge but I missed it due to inactivity. Personally I'd probably say the game is worse but that's just me and I'm getting a bit bored of it now. O and yea cw armour is ugly as hell now (and cw is a bit weird to play due to some of the updates).

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I thought when I first saw this thread it would be by someone who stopped playing 3+ years ago. I haven't seen that much of a change between now and last year, just more items/minigames. All the game-wide changes (wilderness, pvp, Grand Exchange, etc) came in the two years before that.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I thought when I first saw this thread it would be by someone who stopped playing 3+ years ago. I haven't seen that much of a change between now and last year, just more items/minigames. All the game-wide changes (wilderness, pvp, Grand Exchange, etc) came in the two years before that.

Well part of what's shocking to me is how fast it happened. What I'm mainly talking about is high level combat stuff. Prices, techniques for bosses, drops...along with dungeoneering it is an awful lot to take in. Suddenly DKs are incredibly popular again. Who knew that would ever happen.

And it's good to know that the one thing that would ever bring me back to members (Castle Wars) is messed up now. Much less incentive.

cwscore2.jpg