Pro DGing

TheAncient

So, I read all the thread and there are quite alot of valid points out here, about not making armour when rushing and whatnot. But its all from melee/range perspective. What about mages? A mage is alot diffirent, because his attack bonus, the accuracy of his spells are determined by the armour he wears. And if he's using a doomcore staff

Stopped reading. Doomcore staff? You're not a mage, get out of here...

I hit constant 150+ on primal warriors with my primal plate on and a normal fire staff. Mage bonus doesn't matter on stuff that needs to be maged.

I really think your opinion is interesting, but the facts speak otherwise: The doomcore staff is the strongest mage staff.

Also it has quite a low magic level requirement (I noticed many of you judge items as if everyone were maxed in combat levels).

@green: Yes I'm a mage, I know better who I am, I have been maging inside Deamonheim since the first floors were uncovered.

@lalala: An understandable point of view, for those who don't pure mage, in my case: "stuff that needs to be maged" = everything.

Also what magic boost bonus does the catalyctic staff gives? I doubt it's higher, well if it is its t11 so only accessible at maxed magic anyways.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I read all the thread and there are quite alot of valid points out here, about not making armour when rushing and whatnot. But its all from melee/range perspective. What about mages? A mage is alot diffirent, because his attack bonus, the accuracy of his spells are determined by the armour he wears. And if he's using a doomcore staff

Stopped reading. Doomcore staff? You're not a mage, get out of here...

I hit constant 150+ on primal warriors with my primal plate on and a normal fire staff. Mage bonus doesn't matter on stuff that needs to be maged.

I really think your opinion is interesting, but the facts speak otherwise: The doomcore staff is the strongest mage staff.

Also it has quite a low magic level requirement (I noticed many of you judge items as if everyone were maxed in combat levels).

@green: Yes I'm a mage, I know better who I am, I have been maging inside Deamonheim since the first floors were uncovered.

@lalala: An understandable point of view, for those who don't pure mage, in my case: "stuff that needs to be maged" = everything.

Also what magic boost bonus does the catalyctic staff gives? I doubt it's higher, well if it is its t11 so only accessible at maxed magic anyways.

Since dungeoneering is an endgame skill, most people tend to completely ignore mid level content because the majority of people that have access to a 3rd bind would have better things to bind.

ZMFg2.jpg

The empowered catalytic staff has +15 magic and 20% damage, the celestial staff has +20 magic and 30% damage, the doomcore staff has 25% damage -10 attack. So is the loss of 25 magic attack really worth it if you have to mage everything?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I would love to dung with a bunch of tipiters willing to sharpen my dung skills to a more professional level. I'm lvl 82 now and got there by mostly soloing because I usually don't have the patience to work with a potluck group of people. But I'm willing to listen, learn, and obey from a good leader! As you can see, most of my skills are above 90 so I should be a good asset. Plus I'm an older gamer and not a bratty kid like I run into a lot (not on tipit though - seems like even the young ones are respectful!).

Feel free to add me but I think we should use a common cc to find tipit only groups.

EDIT: BTW, I have an SSH and a prom 2H bound atm. Passed up a celestial boombox (whatever they're called) yesterday because I thought I'd have to unbind one of those two binds. Doh! Also have Sag P++ arrows

Plink_Floyd.png

I would love to dung with a bunch of tipiters willing to sharpen my dung skills to a more professional level. I'm lvl 82 now and got there by mostly soloing because I usually don't have the patience to work with a potluck group of people. But I'm willing to listen, learn, and obey from a good leader! As you can see, most of my skills are above 90 so I should be a good asset. Plus I'm an older gamer and not a bratty kid like I run into a lot (not on tipit though - seems like even the young ones are respectful!).

Feel free to add me but I think we should use a common cc to find tipit only groups.

EDIT: BTW, I have an SSH and a prom 2H bound atm. Passed up a celestial boombox (whatever they're called) yesterday because I thought I'd have to unbind one of those two binds. Doh! Also have Sag P++ arrows

Actually, your high skills are a disadvantage, unless you key, because the keyer will have to ask you to open skill doors all the time.

Actually, your high skills are a disadvantage, unless you key, because the keyer will have to ask you to open skill doors all the time.

Well, I don't mean being a keyer if someone gives me a chance.

EDIT: Mean't I don't MIND being a keyer.

Plink_Floyd.png

lol thats why when i pty with my friend he promotes one of the maxed people to key a group of avg skiller is better for an avg skilled keyer as the doors will scale instead of 90-99 everything...

tho good keyers with avg skills could lead the maxed players to the doors effectively.

StarViv.png

How can you be picky about who you pick.

I always take 90+ only, and they all suck.

I always ask for hooded only, half of them lie.

idk 90+ and hooded now isnt a sign that someone is good compared to 90+ during abandoned...

even 100+ suck sometimes tbh

adding people that are good is best way

and omg 6m exp til i can f60 which could also make it easier to find 58 and 59 :o

StarViv.png

We should get a few trusted people to maintain a list of good dungers.

I vote lalala, he's level minded when it comes to these matters, unlike myself and many others.

i would be we all know im bias

That's flattering grimy, but I keep my own list of bad dgers, which I will never release. Everyone else, I have no problem trying it out with.

lalalasig2.png

Could we get a dungeoneering team finding subforum here? (A tool on the webpage would work too, but I figure subforum is much more likely to happen soon.)

It would be helpful not only for maxed pro players, but also for more specialized needs. (Such as mid-level players who want to defy the common notion that dungeoneering is only for those whose level is 130+. Lower levels migh actually be an advantage, because I suspect level 100 facing t8 archers and warriors would have easier time than level 138 facing t11 archers and warriors.)

Veziv.png

Sortof off topic, but how rare/useful is hexhunter? I have 92 ranged and bound one and my main goal atm is 120 dungeoneering. Right now I'm getting void and ranging frost dragons to 98 for the sole purpose of this bow, think it's worth it?

ZMFg2.jpg

Sortof off topic, but how rare/useful is hexhunter? I have 92 ranged and bound one and my main goal atm is 120 dungeoneering. Right now I'm getting void and ranging frost dragons to 98 for the sole purpose of this bow, think it's worth it?

rumor is the drop rate is 1/16 soulgazers.

As for soulgazer spawns, I haven't seen one in two resets actually.

But the majority of the players that I DG with, who are 99 slayer, got a hexhunter by 107 dungeoneering.

I've personally seen about 20 soulgazers to 105 DG, got my hexhunter on the 10th. And I didnt get 99 slayer until about 97 dungeoneering.

I personally love it. Nothing takes out mages and necros as fast.

It's also good on demons and dragons, and of course books.

it hits 400+'s on Obelisk skinweavers

it's amazing on mercenary rooms.

Ghost room ghosts have low defense, so it hits well on them. It also means nobody will take damage if the Hex Hunterer prays magic.

Hex isn't too great on shades, it's comparable to a 2H with berserker.

But on monoliths, it means you can draw agro of the shades earlier.

as for bosses, I can't imagine tackling necrolords without it.

It's very useful for runebound.

Useless on hope devourer and thunderous though (although if you know the trick to use bloodragers on thunderous, hex can be decent on him)

It's pretty bad on the dreadnaut as well, while the dreadnaut has a nonzero magic level, I've never seen my hex hit over a 188 on it.

Gulega and Flesh spoiler are both soloable with the hexhunter.

Which is nice, but you'd only really want to solo if there are still doors left to do.

And the prospect of fighting the gulega with door lag is not enticing.

But flesh spoiler is easy to solo with hexhunter, even with door lag.

Naaxi.png

So I am thinking of making a dungeoneering clan (with a focus on teaching people how to DG well, instead of being totally "pro".) with the following setup:

-- 80+ DG required

-- Official world changes daily. world will be posted on a website

-- This website will feature dungeoneering guides and videos

-- CC will be public/open, but people will get kicked if they are not on the right world. This ensures that only people who get to the cc through the website DG with us.

-- Expected floor time of 30-40 minutes/large

Comments/questions before I get started?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

So I am thinking of making a dungeoneering clan (with a focus on teaching people how to DG well, instead of being totally "pro".) with the following setup:

-- 80+ DG required

-- CC will be public/open, but people will get kicked if they are not on the right world. This ensures that only people who get to the cc through the website DG with us.

I'd be interested in this and would be willing to help with any videos/tutorials for dungeoneering. I have a few questions that don't exactly need direct yes or no answers :P

1. Would you consider allowing people with lower dungeoneering, that have been "taught" by others? I have this problem with 3bo. I can key faster than 80% of the people I've dged with there, but I get kicked because of my 102 dungeoneering.

2. How would the ranking system work? In my opinion, levels (With the obvious exceptions of 100/120) don't really say much about player ability.

3. Are you going to advertise your clan on rsof, ingame etc?

ZMFg2.jpg

-- 80+ DG required

That sounds exciting. I would be open for that, and I could remain with 3bo for slow times of day and times when I can't find a team with you.

I agree that levels don't say much. There is 1 level 120 dger in specific who is notoriously bad.

lalalasig2.png

I wouldn't try to post it on rsof or anything. Just keep it on tif. Look at what happened to 3bo after it was posted on rsof. Try to keep it a tip it community thing. The difference between tifers and random people from rsof or in game is that the random people flame you and ragequit if you give them advice and tipiters would want to learn.

Most 80-90s are not very good. lol. I would consider lowering it to 70+ DG, but that is almost getting too nooby.

Official world is needed because it's a lot easier to start and find a dungeon if everyone is already on the same world & don't need to hop. The reason behind alternating worlds is because noobs eventually find the pro worlds (infection of w148 and 138). Also allows for easy kicking for people not on the world.

The clan will probably eventually be advertised on RSOF etc., but at first will recruit mostly tip it users. I find that DG cc's get spread by word of mouth very quickly.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Who would be interested in ranks for this cc? If so, please post DG levels

sigcopyaf.png