Pro DGing

TheAncient

I've started making leather armor in dungeons for my hex hunter.

What I've discovered is that you can catch any dino with any tier box!

the only difference is that if you try to catch a tier 10 dino with a tier 1 box, you'll get 2-4 hides per dino instead of 3-5 and you have a greater chance of losing your trap.

But whoopdeedoo lol, that actually doesn't make a difference.

Traps only cost 225 gp from smuggler, and drop in the dozens from monsters.

As for hides, most other players don't resort to this so you won't have a shortage of dinos.

to make the deal even sweeter, you can fletch traps in combat without slowing your combat down if you have appropriate reflexes.

and of course you can set traps without interrupting combat/running either.

as for logs, 225 gp per tier 1 log at start of map from smuggler.

Carrying needle + thread means making armor on the field.

and monsters have chances of dropping logs.

Very worth it for hex hunters, since it increases your damage rate.

you can literally get full leather armor by the boss while doing GDs at the same time.

one problems is that dinos won't go into traps unless you're nearby.

So it might not be worth it unless you set down the trap at the beginning of a GD/puzzle room that happens to have a dino in it.

I've actually been doing this too (minus the Hexhunter, though...) and they DO go into traps even if you're not there. :) I know this because there will be a message in my chatbox saying something has been caught in my trap, even when I'm far away!

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started making leather armor in dungeons for my hex hunter.

What I've discovered is that you can catch any dino with any tier box!

the only difference is that if you try to catch a tier 10 dino with a tier 1 box, you'll get 2-4 hides per dino instead of 3-5 and you have a greater chance of losing your trap.

But whoopdeedoo lol, that actually doesn't make a difference.

Traps only cost 225 gp from smuggler, and drop in the dozens from monsters.

As for hides, most other players don't resort to this so you won't have a shortage of dinos.

to make the deal even sweeter, you can fletch traps in combat without slowing your combat down if you have appropriate reflexes.

and of course you can set traps without interrupting combat/running either.

as for logs, 225 gp per tier 1 log at start of map from smuggler.

Carrying needle + thread means making armor on the field.

and monsters have chances of dropping logs.

Very worth it for hex hunters, since it increases your damage rate.

you can literally get full leather armor by the boss while doing GDs at the same time.

one problems is that dinos won't go into traps unless you're nearby.

So it might not be worth it unless you set down the trap at the beginning of a GD/puzzle room that happens to have a dino in it.

I find I get 2-5 hides, no matter what tier trap I use. Also, you don't have to be near a dino for the trap to work. I've set up traps then tele'd somewhere else or gone to different rooms and the trap still caught the dino. It's actually better not to be near the dino because just like outside of dung, you should be a certain distance from your traps to maximize effectiveness.

I find I get 2-5 hides, no matter what tier trap I use. Also, you don't have to be near a dino for the trap to work. I've set up traps then tele'd somewhere else or gone to different rooms and the trap still caught the dino. It's actually better not to be near the dino because just like outside of dung, you should be a certain distance from your traps to maximize effectiveness.

I've never seen a dino get caught in one of my traps unless i was nearby, I can set down a trap, come back 15 minutes later, and the dino and trap are still laying around.

Naaxi.png

I've never seen a dino get caught in one of my traps unless i was nearby, I can set down a trap, come back 15 minutes later, and the dino and trap are still laying around.

I believe the fact you catch or not a dino is rolled when you set up the trap, of course it has to come near the trap too, that's why sometimes catches take long.

Haven't hunted any in a while thought.

nasty_jenny.png

Well, I don't know what to say. When I dung I always carry a knife, 2 logs, needle and thread, and when I see a dino I want I set down traps and keep going along with my team to like the next room or two. I get the message on my screen saying I caught a dino in my trap even when I'm not in the same room as the dino.

Well, I don't know what to say. When I dung I always carry a knife, 2 logs, needle and thread, and when I see a dino I want I set down traps and keep going along with my team to like the next room or two. I get the message on my screen saying I caught a dino in my trap even when I'm not in the same room as the dino.

perhaps the range limit is 2 rooms?

Naaxi.png

You can catch them anywhere....just need to make sure the dino can position itself to actually get in the trap...if you set the trap near the wall or other sort of obstruction, then the dino can't fit to get in the trap, and it doesn't matter where you are

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You could just bind a sagittarian body. :P

if you are 100+ dg

anyway i'm under the impression that a better third bind would be a 2h in addition to hexhunter

You'd be correct; I've seen several people (including Grimy) use a Melee weapon and Hexhunter in conjuction with each other. It works quite well, especially dealing with those annoying, de-hooding mages.

Although I personally think a Saggitarian body would be better than a plate as your third/fourth, regardless of whether you have the Hexhunter or not.

Rapier, celestial staff, and surgebox is way better than 2h, hexhunt, and arrows imo. Only place where hexhunt is good is at bosses, but with ragers and turmoil melee isn't that far off.

its pretty easy to make fire staff + surge runes if you get dread or hope as your boss, costs maybe 10-20k coins to get a boss setup

hex also helps sniping mages, necros, merc leaders, summon obbys etc

theres plenty of super annoying mages throughout the dungeon itsself, its a nice thing to kill them very quickly

a_final_name.png

So I am thinking of making a dungeoneering clan (with a focus on teaching people how to DG well, instead of being totally "pro".) with the following setup:

-- 80+ DG required

-- Official world changes daily. world will be posted on a website

-- This website will feature dungeoneering guides and videos

-- CC will be public/open, but people will get kicked if they are not on the right world. This ensures that only people who get to the cc through the website DG with us.

-- Expected floor time of 30-40 minutes/large

Comments/questions before I get started?

That sounds exciting. I would be open for that, and I could remain with 3bo for slow times of day and times when I can't find a team with you.

I agree that levels don't say much. There is 1 level 120 dger in specific who is notoriously bad.

Does HER name start with a G lol?

Ye, I know people who are 100+ and suck. Its about playing smart TBH, thinking about where you gate, not leaving keys, not standing around, (clear for mod, plant lyco/wintergrip, make an altar, etc)

Saggy body isn't as useful. With a plate, you pray mage, and are safe from range/melee. Saggy body mage still hits. Its just better to pray mage TBH.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

So I am thinking of making a dungeoneering clan (with a focus on teaching people how to DG well, instead of being totally "pro".) with the following setup:

-- 80+ DG required

-- Official world changes daily. world will be posted on a website

-- This website will feature dungeoneering guides and videos

-- CC will be public/open, but people will get kicked if they are not on the right world. This ensures that only people who get to the cc through the website DG with us.

-- Expected floor time of 30-40 minutes/large

Comments/questions before I get started?

That sounds exciting. I would be open for that, and I could remain with 3bo for slow times of day and times when I can't find a team with you.

I agree that levels don't say much. There is 1 level 120 dger in specific who is notoriously bad.

Does HER name start with a G lol?

Ye, I know people who are 100+ and suck. Its about playing smart TBH, thinking about where you gate, not leaving keys, not standing around, (clear for mod, plant lyco/wintergrip, make an altar, etc)

Saggy body isn't as useful. With a plate, you pray mage, and are safe from range/melee. Saggy body mage still hits. Its just better to pray mage TBH.

agreed alot of high lvl dgers (maybe including me idk......) just have good friends that take them and dont care what they do in the map.

someone said keying and nonkeying is 2 diffferent skills and i agree it takes alot of memory to key compared to nonkeying..

i got 97 w/o keying one map at all and i didnt key for good teams til around 105 or 106

and its much different when ur running every door on map compared to others gating every door on map.

StarViv.png

The point of binding a sag body is that when your hood gets disabled by one mage in a room full of rangers, you can pray range and take a lot less damage. It also boosts range accuracy by a lot, which helps with hex.

In that case you are better off praying range then mage. And having a HHB changes things quite a bit as well, most ppl don't have though.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Just a quick question because I've only seen 2 Soulgazer (I really do need to get 99 Slayer...):

Do you HHB binders ever run out of t11 arrows in a dungeon? How often do you have to pick them up if at all? How many are needed for bossing?

2496 Completionist

Just a quick question because I've only seen 2 Soulgazer (I really do need to get 99 Slayer...):

Do you HHB binders ever run out of t11 arrows in a dungeon? How often do you have to pick them up if at all? How many are needed for bossing?

well if you want a hex go get 99 slayer

but i just pick up my arrows as i loot the monsters drop, i never run out in a dung

i usualy have 90ish left by the boss, then i used 30-60 on the boss

a_final_name.png

I rarely loot food anyway, soul split+turm flash with quickpray. I use maybe 10-20 food a dung including boss if I'm not keying. Probably less once I get a neck.

one benifit of dunging with us, if we see an eddimu (were all 99 slay i believe) the necklace is all yours

i standby your view that dmg> all and speed > all, even if it sacrafices defense. cuz honestly ive done 85% of my dunging withuot a platebody, and i do just fine without armor, on a good team you dont even need it

this is another reason im binding sag body instead of primal plate, 33% range bonus increases my range accuracy by like 1.6x more, so dps wins (also then i can quickpray turm and ss rather than mage)

a_final_name.png

Probably not gonna be dunging for a while. Just found a surgebox and raising my rc to 70 for it. Then I will train some easy skills to 90 like craft and con. Is keying much easier with high levels? Does having a maxed person raise the level of all skill doors?

Probably not gonna be dunging for a while. Just found a surgebox and raising my rc to 70 for it. Then I will train some easy skills to 90 like craft and con. Is keying much easier with high levels? Does having a maxed person raise the level of all skill doors?

Having high levels is a double-edged sword, especially if you're keying and have very low levels compared to others in your group. On the one hand, the higher the levels of your group, the higher the average skill door is going to be, and the more likely it is that you'll have to call someone to do a door for you. On the other hand, if your team's levels are high enough, it will at least be impossible to hit a skill door that nobody can strong pot, which is one of the more irritating things that can happen.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

when i look at someone like rela rela5 (aka dark lust) whos is the #1 dunger (well hes #1 dunger - a diving spirit shield) its no surprise why he became #1

people look at his 2k total and bad skills and thnk. how does he dung? honestly if i was the keyer and we had 4 people like him, theres no surprise why the go so fast

if hes a non keyer, players like him make the keyer so much faster because they have no skills, so in a way him having bad stats was an advantage since he doesnt key

the ideal team would either be 5x maxed, or 1 high and 4 low. basicly if ur maxed ur forced to dung with 4 other maxed or ull slow things down, if your low total its an advantage on the average dung team

a_final_name.png