Pro DGing

TheAncient

I've always thought the monos were scaled like any other room, and the "level" of mono is just harder to see. For example, a skill room will have a requirement in say the 90's, whereas a mono will have a certain level range of shades it'll spawn. Sometimes you'll just get a low level mono room with level 2 shades in the same way that sometimes you'll get a skill door requiring like 30 to open. I doubt the level of the room will change once it's brought into being- it just has a set difficulty in the same way a skill door's level is set once it's made.

But sometimes the mono spawns 4 133 shades at once, and once you let it die, it spawns level 67s and 90s after you reactivate it. Weird huh?

But that mono will later on be almost guaranteed to spawn another 133 shade or two at some point. There are a fair number I've found that can spawn between 60ish and 133s, and then harder ones that won't spawn anything below 111s. And then there are noob ones that spawn 30ish to 111 at max, and ultra noob ones that never spawn over level 11.

I've never seen a mono first spawn 133s and then a later spawn not have a single 133, I don't think.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought the monos were scaled like any other room, and the "level" of mono is just harder to see. For example, a skill room will have a requirement in say the 90's, whereas a mono will have a certain level range of shades it'll spawn. Sometimes you'll just get a low level mono room with level 2 shades in the same way that sometimes you'll get a skill door requiring like 30 to open. I doubt the level of the room will change once it's brought into being- it just has a set difficulty in the same way a skill door's level is set once it's made.

But sometimes the mono spawns 4 133 shades at once, and once you let it die, it spawns level 67s and 90s after you reactivate it. Weird huh?

But that mono will later on be almost guaranteed to spawn another 133 shade or two at some point. There are a fair number I've found that can spawn between 60ish and 133s, and then harder ones that won't spawn anything below 111s. And then there are noob ones that spawn 30ish to 111 at max, and ultra noob ones that never spawn over level 11.

I've never seen a mono first spawn 133s and then a later spawn not have a single 133, I don't think.

yeh its like that ...if it has 133 its not gunna suddenly spwan lvls 2s next round if it has lvl 2s wont be 133 next round but some start w 1 lvl l50 then en up having 133 :S

StarViv.png

So, I read all the thread and there are quite alot of valid points out here, about not making armour when rushing and whatnot. But its all from melee/range perspective. What about mages? A mage is alot diffirent, because his attack bonus, the accuracy of his spells are determined by the armour he wears. And if he's using a doomcore staff, the magic attack bonus is even negative (albeit getting a 25% damage bonus), do you expect him not to make armour?

And to the people who say that they keep going low on health in the first rooms, - you probably dont have t9+ medic, or you hoard the food from the team medic, I mean seriously, Our team has ABSOLUTELY no worries with lp going low, if the medic is arround, getting healed 450+ during the boss fights ftw?

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

So, I read all the thread and there are quite alot of valid points out here, about not making armour when rushing and whatnot. But its all from melee/range perspective. What about mages? A mage is alot diffirent, because his attack bonus, the accuracy of his spells are determined by the armour he wears. And if he's using a doomcore staff, the magic attack bonus is even negative (albeit getting a 25% damage bonus), do you expect him not to make armour?

And to the people who say that they keep going low on health in the first rooms, - you probably dont have t9+ medic, or you hoard the food from the team medic, I mean seriously, Our team has ABSOLUTELY no worries with lp going low, if the medic is arround, getting healed 450+ during the boss fights ftw?

1. if you mage dont use a doomcore staff, binding one of those is like attepmting to annoy your teammates, might as well bind katagon too

2. if you mage you should hybrid anyways

if you just just bind a surgebox and an empowered fire staff or a celestial catalytic staff, mage when needed, but also have a hood and a 2h bound then youll be fine

a_final_name.png

What about mages? A mage is alot diffirent, because his attack bonus, the accuracy of his spells are determined by the armour he wears. And if he's using a doomcore staff, the magic attack bonus is even negative (albeit getting a 25% damage bonus), do you expect him not to make armour?

I don't think the doomcore staff is actually worth binding, and you are sure not getting a drop every floor you do. And I don't expect anybody with less than 3 binds going pure mage, and then only with celestial catalytic staff, surgebox, ssh and celestial robe top. You still don't want to make armour.

With 4 binds, or even 5 (if Jagex does indeed release another bind slot), maging might become more viable, but imo only ancients can make pure mages actually good.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

From personal experience i would say that easy Mono's (level 30's) and easy GD's (level 2-3, 30's, 50's); appears when the enitre team is out of food.

Iv you have just cleared a hard Mono where everyone ended up with no food you are almost guaranteed to get an easy GD (or 3) afterwards.

If you open a Mono when teh team does have food, but do it when your team is out (lets say its the only way to go) it counts as if your team did have food. Aka the Mono would likely be pretty hard.

Boeg.png

From personal experience i would say that easy Mono's (level 30's) and easy GD's (level 2-3, 30's, 50's); appears when the enitre team is out of food.

Iv you have just cleared a hard Mono where everyone ended up with no food you are almost guaranteed to get an easy GD (or 3) afterwards.

If you open a Mono when teh team does have food, but do it when your team is out (lets say its the only way to go) it counts as if your team did have food. Aka the Mono would likely be pretty hard.

I always thought the mono itself is what triggers the easy rooms that follow, as if jagex knows perfectly well that they usually own your food. I had a mono with just lv 2 shades once and it was right after another mono.

2dvjurb.png

So, I read all the thread and there are quite alot of valid points out here, about not making armour when rushing and whatnot. But its all from melee/range perspective. What about mages? A mage is alot diffirent, because his attack bonus, the accuracy of his spells are determined by the armour he wears. And if he's using a doomcore staff

Stopped reading. Doomcore staff? You're not a mage, get out of here...

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

So, I read all the thread and there are quite alot of valid points out here, about not making armour when rushing and whatnot. But its all from melee/range perspective. What about mages? A mage is alot diffirent, because his attack bonus, the accuracy of his spells are determined by the armour he wears. And if he's using a doomcore staff

Stopped reading. Doomcore staff? You're not a mage, get out of here...

I hit constant 150+ on primal warriors with my primal plate on and a normal fire staff. Mage bonus doesn't matter on stuff that needs to be maged.

lalalasig2.png

as well as being easier to get.

I've killed so many nechryael in dungeoneering, never seen a doomcore. It's a shame, I've always wanted to alch one.

They alch for like 9k I believe. I've seen like 5 lol.

The Doomcore Staff is really only for those who have only the base minimum level to use them, if that doesn't go without saying. They do look rather neat, though...

I realize that this is the "Pro DG" thread, but still keep in mind that the Celestial Catalytic Staff requires 99 Magic.

2dgucz6.png

So when I get 89 to unlock Thunderous, should I aim for a Primal Battleaxe or stick to my Prom 2h? :unsure:

Depends how much you key- battleaxe is worse than 2h in every way save the ability to use a tank ring with it.

Though, I've been hearing more about this idea of using gather/art ring for keying to save on skill door damage. If that is indeed better, then the battleaxe is simply inferior to the 2h.

So when I get 89 to unlock Thunderous, should I aim for a Primal Battleaxe or stick to my Prom 2h? :unsure:

Depends how much you key- battleaxe is worse than 2h in every way save the ability to use a tank ring with it.

Though, I've been hearing more about this idea of using gather/art ring for keying to save on skill door damage. If that is indeed better, then the battleaxe is simply inferior to the 2h.

battle axe is better on shades, (and possibly skeletons and zombies)

but it sucks on pretty much everything else compared to 2H.

i did a calc ago and came up with this DPS graph;

in terms of crush, prim baxe and prom 2h are about equal, even at high defense.

the graph doesn't show it well but prom2h is still better.

prom2h is clearly better for slashing high defense targets.

and of coruse prim2h lays both to waste.

DPSgraphs.png

Naaxi.png

battle axe is better on shades, (and possibly skeletons and zombies)

but it sucks on pretty much everything else compared to 2H.

i did a calc ago and came up with this DPS graph;

in terms of crush, prim baxe and prom 2h are about equal, even at high defense.

the graph doesn't show it well but prom2h is still better.

prom2h is clearly better for slashing high defense targets.

and of coruse prim2h lays both to waste.

DPSgraphs.png

Interesting. I still prefer baxe for option to switch to tank + did you take into account overkkill loss?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Ah...after seeing that graph I'm not sure I made the right decision or not.

I bought T8 Tank since I plan on keying a lot. But I'm not 99 attack. Since I just got a surgebox, which I bound over laws, I also destroyed my prom 2h in favor of a prom long. I knew it would a vastly inferior bind but I needed something 1h to go with my surgebox.

I'm thinking maybe to just hold off keying until I am 99 atk. Prom 2h is easy enough to get back. But primal longsword is still a long way to go for me.

Interesting. I still prefer baxe for option to switch to tank + did you take into account overkkill loss?

As the hitpoints on most relevant monsters are considerably larger than the maximum hits of either weapon, the difference in overkill effect between the two are neligible.

Ah...after seeing that graph I'm not sure I made the right decision or not.

I bought T8 Tank since I plan on keying a lot. But I'm not 99 attack. Since I just got a surgebox, which I bound over laws, I also destroyed my prom 2h in favor of a prom long. I knew it would a vastly inferior bind but I needed something 1h to go with my surgebox.

I'm thinking maybe to just hold off keying until I am 99 atk. Prom 2h is easy enough to get back. But primal longsword is still a long way to go for me.

The surgebox doesn't count as a shield, so don't use tank ring with it (from mod Chris L on HLF). Also from my experience you end up taking less damage using gatherer/artisan ring while keying.

wasnt much a fan of tank for keying i either forgot to swich/didnt have a shield but when i used it it was helpful in saving food and stuff. i key on zerker just cuz i get gd only way alot

StarViv.png