Pro DGing

TheAncient

Runebound behemot it glitched right now, you can hit him even when he has melee prayer on.

Sounds cool. Makes up for the inability to actually use quick-switch on the ring (if you have to be out of combat, why do they even let you set two combat rings as a quickswitch?)

Bartuccio3.png

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runebound behemot it glitched right now, you can hit him even when he has melee prayer on.

Sounds cool. Makes up for the inability to actually use quick-switch on the ring (if you have to be out of combat, why do they even let you set two combat rings as a quickswitch?)

Did you remember to select switch ring to switch to? You have to choose which other ring to bind to the quick-switch option, first.

Did you remember to select switch ring to switch to? You have to choose which other ring to bind to the quick-switch option, first.

Yeah, I have it set to berserker with desparado as the quick-switch, but if I actually try to use it during a boss fight it just complains that I have to be out of combat to switch styles. I imagine you'd need a full team to actually spend enough time not being attacked to make a quick-switch. I usually have small groups due to just soloing or playing with irl friends, so this might just be a problem for those of us without permanent teams.

Bartuccio3.png

Quickswitch is only disabled if you are being attacked. You can be in combat (i.e. attacking something) and still be able to QS

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

In behemot just hide behind one pillar for 5 secs to switch.

Why wouldn't you just use ring class for one combat class? And well, the quickswitch does help alot i switching classes, you just have to be smart about it(use one class for a gd or smth).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Ugh ran into a stupid group of people when rushing c1s. They insisted on doing 5:5 because 5:1 will give no exp :rolleyes:. 5:5 gave 900exp per frozen floor... :wall:

LOL. Surely you just left, right? Probably faster to solo.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yeah, I just got kicked from a team at the boss door because I wanted to make an altar with the coins that people had in their inventories. Also, earlier I had asked them to stop mining and making armour. So basically, I'm all for The Ancient's suggestion for perm-team matchmaking. At only 89, no "pro" teams believe that I know how to rush, and almost all other teams at worlds 148 and 117 have no idea how to rush.

I'm another one of those in-betweeners that's not good enough stats-wise to get in an elite DG clan/group, but would be willing to give a Tip.it group maker a try.

I DG'ed to 81 via w117 because I didn't know any better and developed a strong urge to travel to Sweden and physically melt the server to the ground when I was done. So any half-decent dungeoneering grouping would be swell.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

29 minuted warped floor ftw

hehe that was a fun dung, one of the first sub 30 warped

yea im the one talking about isu football game haha

maybe with that vid some of u can get faster and wapred floors, and also occults

a_final_name.png

One thing we could include in vids is to have one person vid the minimap so that we can tell where people are going

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Rocked is the guy with the pink top + bright blue pants.

Final has green base clothing

Ancient has dark black base clothing

Shelby has brownish clothing.

I'm the guy with the red clothing.

Anywhoo, maybe we'll be able to get this running weekly.

It would be nice.

Naaxi.png

i like the video but i hardly use skype /voice tho it does help if ur with lower lvl dgneers ........and sometimes people cant be asked typing everything but regardless if u voice or type communicating with other 4 party members is what makes less than 30 mins floors possible. asking them to call doors and gate doors as well as giving them the keys they gated or asking them to move ggs to a different place ggs dropped in a basically de for a long time is usually bad.

on warped make ur team make ragers cuz it speeds up warped gulega and hope devour alot..

that video kinda helped with safety keying and im 117 dgneering lol....i usually just go straight to door dont think about clicking around other areas. If u had higher stats then the floor would prob be a little faster as u would just pwn the pondskaters..

a maxed keyer and a maxed nonkeyer is awesome for floors...because im keying and they need 96 mining on a nonkeyer path i have to finish my path to get to them or people have to move ggs to a skilldoor is kinda a waste of time unless its 100+

also the keyers ggs shuld be used to move the team to gds and the keyer shuld make others gs random key doors or with quickcast gatestones can be used to mark a crossroad of paths.

StarViv.png

i like the video but i hardly use skype /voice tho it does help if ur with lower lvl dgneers ........and sometimes people cant be asked typing everything but regardless if u voice or type communicating with other 4 party members is what makes less than 30 mins floors possible. asking them to call doors and gate doors as well as giving them the keys they gated or asking them to move ggs to a different place ggs dropped in a basically de for a long time is usually bad.

voice is still always better though, you need your hands to dg at least some of the time.

on warped make ur team make ragers cuz it speeds up warped gulega and hope devour alot..

we usually do. We actually did make one in the video, we just didn't bother making many because we found out the boss was blink, and there was a glitch about summon specs duplicating him.

that video kinda helped with safety keying and im 117 dgneering lol....i usually just go straight to door dont think about clicking around other areas. If u had higher stats then the floor would prob be a little faster as u would just pwn the pondskaters..

a maxed keyer and a maxed nonkeyer is awesome for floors...because im keying and they need 96 mining on a nonkeyer path i have to finish my path to get to them or people have to move ggs to a skilldoor is kinda a waste of time unless its 100+

we make due with what we have, lack of maxed total and all. We've swap out keyers a lot in the past for various reasons.

The original plan was for me to learn to key, as I had highest total. And in such a case we wouldn't have a pond skater incident.

But then I got a hexhunter, and I'm kind of lax on breaking it for armor. Rocked keyed the floor since he had body armor, and I was kinda tired.

I do key when Rocked doesn't feel like it though. Final keys too. Expecting any of us to max out total effort is a little too much

also the keyers ggs shuld be used to move the team to gds and the keyer shuld make others gs random key doors or with quickcast gatestones can be used to mark a crossroad of paths.

didn't we?

Naaxi.png

That was an odd floor in that it didn't have lots of the big keyer strategic things I normally do, the biggest being: drop ggs at GD, run to next GD, gate, rinse and repeat for all GDS.

Thanks for the tips. We all have room for improvement.

lalalasig2.png

voice is still always better though, you need your hands to dg at least some of the time.

we usually do. We actually did make one in the video, we just didn't bother making many because we found out the boss was blink, and there was a glitch about summon specs duplicating him.

we make due with what we have, lack of maxed total and all. We've swap out keyers a lot in the past for various reasons.

The original plan was for me to learn to key, as I had highest total. And in such a case we wouldn't have a pond skater incident.

But then I got a hexhunter, and I'm kind of lax on breaking it for armor. Rocked keyed the floor since he had body armor, and I was kinda tired.

I do key when Rocked doesn't feel like it though. Final keys too. Expecting any of us to max out total effort is a little too much

didn't we?

yah u guys did :)

voice is best also u can point out peoples mistakes without feeling like raging and even on high lvl teams who gated what still can cause confusion u can point out when ur dieing more easily......and u dont have to bug someone to tell u what is at thier location cuz alot of people open thier gate then they get a gd and just solo it and dont tell when the team has reached a dead end takes awhile for ggs to be moved if needed or they might have a puzzle room gate and not tell...

what i dont get is why people solo hard gds on random team instead of gating them for later - easy ones can be soloed but if thiers alot of monsters or monsters that will waste all food and pray better to gate for later and tell keyer.

yeh i had bloodneck bound for 2 days...so many deaths due to no plate..but i have friends that key on bloodneck

as long as each of the nonkeyers all add up to 99 in all the speed of the map isnt rlly effected as they can do thier paths

yeh swiching keyers is good sometimes friends call me when they dont wanna key and other friends always key me and other friends never key but i still think im not so good at it ;S

total lvls dont mattter as long as balanced stats and can get people to come where needed quickly..alot of good keyers have avg stats and can easily lead me to doors where im needed "viv go south for agil room" or just bring me what i need for craft con or rc puzzles but other keyers waste time by leaving puzzles or doing nothing til someone with skill comes.

most of the time if thiers a skilldoor on nonkeyer path a person with the skill will know to attempt it and no matter how low stats should have tools to know if 100+ is needed and who knows that crafting door coulda been a lvl 1 crafting door u could open.

and yeh map creation is important part....some maps just kinda fall together with keys nearish doors they belong too not alot of hard puzzles+ low amount of gds or easy gds..

and other maps have like 15 key doors that are unopenable or lots of 100+ doors lots of gds and stupid puzzles as only way ----> 3 plants and a mono >.>

no ml makes floors much much better than b4 tho i mean constantly logging out and in or having to clear.....constantly hitting ml at 15-20 mins in floors that would have a 24 min key time turning to 40 + mins key times. tho some argue they just made more gds not having ml is still a pretty important part. so now floors that have barrels alot or barely no gds arent "omfg we will get limit...."

and having cursebearer as boss > other abandoned bosses or on warped kalger takes prep for mage/range but if u had got say blink would be easier....

StarViv.png

pretty good, but there are a few things you coulda done to speed that up a bit more

-you could have gotten person w/ gd to take gt to thier gd at 5:00 and made the other tele there to speed it up instead of having 2 in a puzzle when it wasn't needed

-you need to tell people to gate any door (that you need pot for or keydoor) at all you see (+ remind them if they have xdoor gated also if it ends up near to them), I saw you run c wedge key and p corn key when there were people present other than you who could have gated.

-when you were running gt to gd at 8:00 your team mates should have waited till you said it was there instead of following you around, it was only 1 shade that hit someone in that path but it could have been worse

-make your other members refrain from following you when theres a gd too, there was a gd north of base but 2-3 people still followed you south and I think only bunyip was solo'ing at start. It took 1 min 40 seconds for the path south that you could have solo'd, and the gd north base took 1 minute, so if all 4 were in that gd at the time it could have saved that 1 minute off total time+ more since there was a skill door you couldnt do there and one of the other 4 could

-as a keyer skill door > gd in priority, at 4:07 you could have tried to do that wc door instead you walked away and went with the rest

29 minutes is nice but the map layout for that one was so good it could have been done in 20-25, still good nonetheless :thumbup:

pretty good, but there are a few things you coulda done to speed that up a bit more

when there were people present other than you who could have gated.

-you could have gotten person w/ gd to take gt to thier gd at 5:00 and made the other tele there to speed it up instead of having 2 in a puzzle when it wasn't needed

-you need to tell people to gate any door (that you need pot for or keydoor) at all you see (+ remind them if they have xdoor gated also if it ends up near to them), I saw you run c wedge key and p corn key

-when you were running gt to gd at 8:00 your team mates should have waited till you said it was there instead of following you around, it was only 1 shade that hit someone in that path but it could have been worse

-make your other members refrain from following you when theres a gd too, there was a gd north of base but 2-3 people still followed you south and I think only bunyip was solo'ing at start. It took 1 min 40 seconds for the path south that you could have solo'd, and the gd north base took 1 minute, so if all 4 were in that gd at the time it could have saved that 1 minute off total time+ more since there was a skill door you couldnt do there and one of the other 4 could

-as a keyer skill door > gd in priority, at 4:07 you could have tried to do that wc door instead you walked away and went with the rest

29 minutes is nice but the map layout for that one was so good it could have been done in 20-25, still good nonetheless :thumbup:

hmm didnt notice that thing watched it again...yeh open all doors at start mark and call any gds at start usually when people think thiers no gds thiers a habit of following keyer til he finds one.....or standing in safespot til found ....so keyer has to remind people "go mark" or "gt"

-for me personally i make people gate stuff far away but good teamates gatestuff wherever they are. been thinking more about whats close to home and whats not. in some cases 8 away from home could be close to home for me but a door 2 away from home thats past a maze or something would be worth a gate. gotta remember u only have 4 peoples gs + ur gs which shuldnt be in de keydoors + ggs so u have to run some.

-liek tell ur team to tell u when done with gd and then u can tell them to move ggs

-keyer shouldnt do gds unless its the only way so yah check wc door

yeh 29 mins for a good map is avgish but for a bad map it would be awesome.

StarViv.png

After watching that vid, I've decided that the most important factor that divides good dging from average is voice communication. It seems like most of the time with randoms that everyone knows all the moves to speed things up, the problem is that we can't communicate quick enough with the in game chat while dungeing. Also, I need to get a mouse, I've been running on a mousepad for years, but I've gotten to point where I will never be able to be as fast as someone with a real mouse, even though I'm fast enough for average play.

Also random question, I've got laws binded and usually during necrolord floors people get mad at me for not having arrows binded.

Now would you say that it worth killing the law bind just for that boss?

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

After watching that vid, I've decided that the most important factor that divides good dging from average is voice communication. It seems like most of the time with randoms that everyone knows all the moves to speed things up, the problem is that we can't communicate quick enough with the in game chat while dungeing. Also, I need to get a mouse, I've been running on a mousepad for years, but I've gotten to point where I will never be able to be as fast as someone with a real mouse, even though I'm fast enough for average play.

Also random question, I've got laws binded and usually during necrolord floors people get mad at me for not having arrows binded.

Magic is powerful enough, as long as you have 77 RC or someone friendly enough to make you bloods. or a surgebox.

sigcopyaf.png

Depends.

If you wait until the very end to make your arrows, yeah, i'd get mad at you too

You have to pick WHEN to make the arrows and not to leave them until last minute, but also don't make them when there's skill / guardian doors to make

Laws speed up c1 rushing a lot which is the main reason to keep them bound.

Many 100 + dg'ers have them unless they have a hex bound.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg