Pro DGing

TheAncient

Part of the reason W117 teams got worse is that "don't go to W117" is the first bit of advice everybody gets.

The problem for newer players is that the requirements to join a good team grow as quickly as the level of memebers already in those teams. (Which makes sence, because it's more efficient to work with people of the same level.) So I wonder if there is enough interest in a "second generation" of Dungeoneers - people who want to and can be good at it, but can never catch up to the requirements of "good teams". (And who only have 1 or 2 hours a day for this game.) Are there any "second tier" clans?

Veziv.png

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the reason W117 teams got worse is that "don't go to W117" is the first bit of advice everybody gets.

The problem for newer players is that the requirements to join a good team grow as quickly as the level of memebers already in those teams. (Which makes sence, because it's more efficient to work with people of the same level.) So I wonder if there is enough interest in a "second generation" of Dungeoneers - people who want to and can be good at it, but can never catch up to the requirements of "good teams". (And who only have 1 or 2 hours a day for this game.) Are there any "second tier" clans?

No, there should be though.

I was thinking maybe make a DG website with ability to form perm teams and stuff? idk.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

... Are there any "second tier" clans?

No, there should be though.

I was thinking maybe make a DG website with ability to form perm teams and stuff? idk.

That would be very helpful. Just from looking at help forum posts, there seems to be enough general interest in something like that, but no single place for people to gather.

Veziv.png

hood seems to be less useful on new floors. interesting.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

hood seems to be less useful on new floors. interesting.

If it is very significant, maybe leatherbody + platelegs will be better than plate + hood, perhaps?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You know what you could do?

Create a sort of Dungeoneering Clan for Tip.It, and make stuff like the Tip.It guide or your guide (at OP) required reading to join (hide a password in each of your guides and add it to your app). Would be large enough to accommodate a variety of players and would certainly be better than looking through the crowds on 148, 77, or 117.

Create a sort of Dungeoneering Clan for Tip.It, and make stuff like the Tip.It guide or your guide (at OP) required reading to join (hide a password in each of your guides and add it to your app). Would be large enough to accommodate a variety of players and would certainly be better than looking through the crowds on 148, 77, or 117.

Sounds like a great idea...

TO THE STAFF:

Does anyone on the staff know SQL/MySQL/ database programming? If so, I'd definitely like to work with that person(s) to develop a website that auto-pairs people for perm teams.

The reason I'm advocating perm teams is that this lets players get to know each other, as well has have a sense of responsibility to the group.

The other alternative is just to have a DG rating system where you could rate a teammate's performance. The problem with this is that teammates can rate you poorly for personal reasons, and from a usability perspective this requires way too much overhead for individuals.

WHAT THIS WOULD ENTAIL:

-- take data from the adventurer's log to automatically get a player's levels

-- develop an algorithm to auto-pair by skill levels, combat levels, dg levels, etc

-- have a system for kicking people off teams

-- have a system of setting up a regular schedule for DG (possible integration with google calendar)

-- have a system of communication between team members

-- have a way of recording feedback for or against specific keyers

sigcopyaf.png

I would totally join a tip.it dg teammember database.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It will take more than reading a few guides to become good at DG, although it's a start. Reading about Yklagor's attacks certainly didn't prepare me for the first time i fought him :rolleyes:

The Tip.it DG database sounds like an awesome idea.

If you were to make a databse, would you put requirements on it? I'd rather a review system where team mates can rate you on how you did in a dungeon. Having a look through people's reviews could help form better teams.

C1Geq.png

Another thing we could do is to, like DGE has (had?), do test runs with new people. Once this happens they can get a star or something to denote that they've been tested

If you were to make a databse, would you put requirements on it? I'd rather a review system where team mates can rate you on how you did in a dungeon. Having a look through people's reviews could help form better teams.

Maybe a really low one, like 50-60 DG. The point isn't to exclude people, it's to have them be able to find reliable perm teams and to have a resource to learn DG from.

sigcopyaf.png

How about creating a separate cc just for tip.it DG? Unranked = non rush floors so no one is excluded. Then people who are good rushers get ranks.

CC's fail in general because there's nothing preventing unranked people from using it, unless you were to make it totally closed.

Anything that involves exclusion in the long run will become contaminated

sigcopyaf.png

Another thing we could do is to, like DGE has (had?), do test runs with new people. Once this happens they can get a star or something to denote that they've been tested

Problem is, if this gets popular, you need a lot of people to do test runs. That's why I'd prefer a peer based review system, where people can rate how you did, and how fast your dungeons were.

I'm starting to really hope this system is implemented into tipit.

C1Geq.png

Problem is, if this gets popular, you need a lot of people to do test runs. That's why I'd prefer a peer based review system, where people can rate how you did, and how fast your dungeons were.

I'm starting to really hope this system is implemented into tipit.

I totally agree; the practicality of test runs is a huge issue. we can work that out later.

peer review system requires too much input from the user's perspectives... the only time people would really care enough to rate others would be if they were mad at the rest of the team, if someone was REALLY abysmal, or if they wanted to troll others.

sigcopyaf.png

There's WAY too much butthurt in DG for a peer review system to work.

Somebody's sitting around fishing while everyone else clears GDs and someone calls them out on it, they get into a fight. What's going to happen? The fishing noob is going to rate down the guy who called them out on being a fishing noob, even though they were the one in the wrong.

Someone rushes into a room without waiting for the rest of the team and dies, gets mad and ragequits. What do they do? Rate the rest of the team down because they don't want to take responsibility for suiciding.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

There's WAY too much butthurt in DG for a peer review system to work.

Somebody's sitting around fishing while everyone else clears GDs and someone calls them out on it, they get into a fight. What's going to happen? The fishing noob is going to rate down the guy who called them out on being a fishing noob, even though they were the one in the wrong.

Someone rushes into a room without waiting for the rest of the team and dies, gets mad and ragequits. What do they do? Rate the rest of the team down because they don't want to take responsibility for suiciding.

yes, this is exactly why i don't think a floor-by-floor peer review system is good. it's also why i advocate the system to make perm teams rather than teams for individual floors.

sigcopyaf.png

I definitely think it could work, but yes I would agree that some sort of evaluation would be necessary since reading a guide is not nearly enough (but it IS a start and I definitely believe it should be required or at least heavily recommended).

The peer evaluation I don't think would work, because so much of a person's opinion is objective, whether it's conscious or not. For example, it would be unfair to deny someone entry because the evaluator had a little lag during the test run and thus put him or her into a bad mood.

Maybe a points system, of sorts? Like you need X number of points to be qualified, having Y dungeoneering gets you Z points, having P total level gets you Z points, having shadow hood/prom 2h/primal baxe/2h/spear bound gives you X points, recommendation gives you Z points, etc.

Maybe a points system, of sorts? Like you need X number of points to be qualified, having Y dungeoneering gets you Z points, having P total level gets you Z points, having shadow hood/prom 2h/primal baxe/2h/spear bound gives you X points, recommendation gives you Z points, etc.

I don't think people will ever agree on the values, but sounds good.

See, this is what I was talking about on the first page of this thread. Some people just don't want to hear it when you try to help the become better dungeoneers.

I can not access a good Dungeoneering clan because my level is to low. And i stayed on world 117 because it's many people there and i tend to get OK dungeons. And i mined armor because you can't relay on strangers help in world 117.

Your response to my bad way of Dungeoneering was *facepalm*. How is mocking someone for doing something wrong a good idea? Your not aiming to help, your just being a ashole.

Unlike you Grimy Bunyip has aimed to help me. Look above this post. And grimy, with lagg in world 117 it's safer with some armor. :shades: I am not gonna do rushing without armor until i am in a clan/group who i can count on.

And this is why people on w117 will always suck. NEVER MAKE ARMOR. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. You SUCK if you can't use prayers/food to stay alive as a keyer, even w/o help from team.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

See, this is what I was talking about on the first page of this thread. Some people just don't want to hear it when you try to help the become better dungeoneers.

I can not access a good Dungeoneering clan because my level is to low. And i stayed on world 117 because it's many people there and i tend to get OK dungeons. And i mined armor because you can't relay on strangers help in world 117.

Your response to my bad way of Dungeoneering was *facepalm*. How is mocking someone for doing something wrong a good idea? Your not aiming to help, your just being a ashole.

Unlike you Grimy Bunyip has aimed to help me. Look above this post. And grimy, with lagg in world 117 it's safer with some armor. :shades: I am not gonna do rushing without armor until i am in a clan/group who i can count on.

And this is why people on w117 will always suck. NEVER MAKE ARMOR. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. You SUCK if you can't use prayers/food to stay alive as a keyer, even w/o help from team.

While stone is being very harsh, he's right. I recently did a dungeon in 117 as a keyer, and while I had a max of 4-5 food in my inventory at any time, I managed to not die at all. My team mates who spent the first half of the dungeon making food and armour, died. If you use the gatestone to teleport out of dangerous situations, pray and get your team to help out with gds you can easily survive without armour. A hood helps a lot too.

C1Geq.png

This line of argument frustrates me.

If I went into a medium dungeon right now and tried to rely on food and prayer alone, I'd die within ten rooms. Goodness knows how much that tactic would fail with my defence level on a large floor, although I'll confess I've never been on one, I know it's twice as large as medium. At level 76 defence, my combat stats can hardly be considered 'low' in the context of everyone who plays RuneScape (ranked 520K out of several million accounts, in the top 30% at worst).

Racheya touched on this in her article a couple of weeks ago, and she was shouted down for not knowing any better, but the inconvenient truth is not everyone has 99 defence/HP, nor should they to enjoy dungeoneering without being told they 'SUCK'.

Some people have to make armour to survive in dung without dying. Suck it up, go form a clan where making armour is banned. Otherwise, don't expect some stranger you've never spoken to before from w117 to conform to your exacting standards.

This line of argument frustrates me.

If I went into a medium dungeon right now and tried to rely on food and prayer alone, I'd die within ten rooms. Goodness knows how much that tactic would fail with my defence level on a large floor, although I'll confess I've never been on one, I know it's twice as large as medium. At level 76 defence, my combat stats can hardly be considered 'low' in the context of everyone who plays RuneScape (ranked 520K out of several million accounts, in the top 30% at worst).

Racheya touched on this in her article a couple of weeks ago, and she was shouted down for not knowing any better, but the inconvenient truth is not everyone has 99 defence/HP, nor should they to enjoy dungeoneering without being told they 'SUCK'.

Some people have to make armour to survive in dung without dying. Suck it up, go form a clan where making armour is banned. Otherwise, don't expect some stranger you've never spoken to before from w117 to conform to your exacting standards.

The best tactics in dung expect that you are maxed, or nearly maxed cb or melees, and that's why people don't take lower levels into teams: because their needs slow down the whole team.

Also

I would totally join a tip.it dg teammember database.

:thumbsup:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots