Pro DGing

TheAncient

And this is why people on w117 will always suck. NEVER MAKE ARMOR. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. You SUCK if you can't use prayers/food to stay alive as a keyer, even w/o help from team.

This line of argument frustrates me.

If I went into a medium dungeon right now and tried to rely on food and prayer alone, I'd die within ten rooms. Goodness knows how much that tactic would fail with my defence level on a large floor, although I'll confess I've never been on one, I know it's twice as large as medium. At level 76 defence, my combat stats can hardly be considered 'low' in the context of everyone who plays RuneScape (ranked 520K out of several million accounts, in the top 30% at worst).

Racheya touched on this in her article a couple of weeks ago, and she was shouted down for not knowing any better, but the inconvenient truth is not everyone has 99 defence/HP, nor should they to enjoy dungeoneering without being told they 'SUCK'.

Some people have to make armour to survive in dung without dying. Suck it up, go form a clan where making armour is banned. Otherwise, don't expect some stranger you've never spoken to before from w117 to conform to your exacting standards.

Making armor involves finding at least five bars, which you need to find the ore for. If you can't find ores you need to find a lot of money (which could have been spent on an altar, something that benefits the entire team.) Making armor costs valuable time which could have been spent killing npcs in a gd. Stone was harsh but true.

C1Geq.png

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is why people on w117 will always suck. NEVER MAKE ARMOR. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. You SUCK if you can't use prayers/food to stay alive as a keyer, even w/o help from team.

If I went into a medium dungeon right now and tried to rely on food and prayer alone, I'd die within ten rooms. Goodness knows how much that tactic would fail with my defence level on a large floor, although I'll confess I've never been on one, I know it's twice as large as medium. At level 76 defence, my combat stats can hardly be considered 'low' in the context of everyone who plays RuneScape (ranked 520K out of several million accounts, in the top 30% at worst).

Racheya touched on this in her article a couple of weeks ago, and she was shouted down for not knowing any better, but the inconvenient truth is not everyone has 99 defence/HP, nor should they to enjoy dungeoneering without being told they 'SUCK'.

Some people have to make armour to survive in dung without dying. Suck it up, go form a clan where making armour is banned. Otherwise, don't expect some stranger you've never spoken to before from w117 to conform to your exacting standards.

Making armor involves finding at least five bars, which you need to find the ore for. If you can't find ores you need to find a lot of money (which could have been spent on an altar, something that benefits the entire team.) Making armor costs valuable time which could have been spent killing npcs in a gd. Stone was harsh but true.

Completely agree. The only skilling that I approve of are:

-- Fishing

-- Making bloodragers for boss

-- Making strong melees

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

fair enough.

here is my response:

suck it up, go play in w117 where there are no high level players and keyers with hoods and ability to quickly get xp. otherwise, don't expect some stranger you've never spoken to before with the levels and abilities to clear dungeons quickly to conform to your play style.

-- Fishing

-- Making strong melees

Skinweavers I fine with me too. I use them often as well. Maybe it goes hand-in-hand with fishing though.

Runecrafting I'll take too. Vengeance + Cures are very helpful.

skinweavers don't actually net you that much extra health... their main benefit is being able to heal more in one attack turn (scroll + boosted normal heal)

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

That combo is around 400-450 LP though, right? That's a lot and can save your life a few times over on bosses with high combos.

That combo is around 400-450 LP though, right? That's a lot and can save your life a few times over on bosses with high combos.

I agree, the skeletal trio archer comboed me a few times today, and 400-400-400 is hard to survive (as evidenced by my death).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hood is not less useful on new floors. People said the same thing after occults and it was still the best.

HHB is at the same level of usefulness or a tad lower, depending on DG level. (By the time you get a drop it is probably worthwhile to bind.)

Primal platebody > promethium platebody, primal 2h > promethium 2h vs primal baxe, same arguments apply there.

Warped floors are not any different timewise except that right now people are still figuring out boss mechanics. Clearing the rest of the dungeon takes the same amount of time as Occults.

2496 Completionist

Hood is not less useful on new floors. People said the same thing after occults and it was still the best.

HHB is at the same level of usefulness or a tad lower, depending on DG level. (By the time you get a drop it is probably worthwhile to bind.)

Primal platebody > promethium platebody, primal 2h > promethium 2h vs primal baxe, same arguments apply there.

Warped floors are not any different timewise except that right now people are still figuring out boss mechanics. Clearing the rest of the dungeon takes the same amount of time as Occults.

thats good to hear. is prom 2h really > primal baxe now that quickswitch is available?

sigcopyaf.png

I'm also wondering about the effectiveness of the primal longsword compared to the baxe and the Prom 2h.

No second combat style compatible with berserker/tactician = crap.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

-- Fishing

-- Making strong melees

Skinweavers I fine with me too. I use them often as well. Maybe it goes hand-in-hand with fishing though.

Runecrafting I'll take too. Vengeance + Cures are very helpful.

and fire making

Making an altar is useful

imho :|

No. I expect people to cook food without lit logs. That's how pro we are :geek:

sigcopyaf.png

No. I expect people to cook food without lit logs. That's how pro we are :geek:

Just wait until you get a puzzle door that involves cooking, and there will be a free T1 fire!! :D (you will only have a 70% burn rate)

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

It may have just been poor luck, but I think there may be some sort of mechanism now which increases monsters' accuracy. It only really seemed that I was taking excessive damage against meleers, but I think in keeping with the theme of the devs trying to punish the metagamers there may be some random check if you have a piece of armor in [x] slot which results in a guaranteed hit on you if you don't. I realise that this isn't the case in regular rs, but there are a lot of peculiarities about dungeoneering, likely resultant of it having started as an entirely separate game. Anybody else notice something like this, or did the RNG just hate me this afternoon?

Bartuccio3.png

It may have just been poor luck, but I think there may be some sort of mechanism now which increases monsters' accuracy. It only really seemed that I was taking excessive damage against meleers, but I think in keeping with the theme of the devs trying to punish the metagamers there may be some random check if you have a piece of armor in [x] slot which results in a guaranteed hit on you if you don't. I realise that this isn't the case in regular rs, but there are a lot of peculiarities about dungeoneering, likely resultant of it having started as an entirely separate game. Anybody else notice something like this, or did the RNG just hate me this afternoon?

I think you're just having a bad afternoon. :P

I think you're just having a bad afternoon. :P

Let's hope so. I'd hate to have my wild assumptions be right and get stuck wasting an additional 3-5 minutes per floor making full equipment sets just to not get comboed out.

Bartuccio3.png

NEVER MAKE ARMOR. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. You SUCK if you can't use prayers/food to stay alive as a keyer, even w/o help from team.

Unless you find it fun. :thumbup:

AND your team is okay with it.

for example i may find it fun to kill my team in the lever room

NEVER MAKE ARMOR. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. You SUCK if you can't use prayers/food to stay alive as a keyer, even w/o help from team.

Unless you find it fun. :thumbup:

AND your team is okay with it.

for example i may find it fun to kill my team in the lever room

Indeed, I only Dung with friends on a Vent server I use. We like making random armor, and we still do dungeons in 40-60 minutes, so it's not too horrible for us. We find it enjoyable. I would never sit there mining gorg in a rushing team (maybe to make guants and boots for str bonus though, but even that's iffy)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

(maybe to make guants and boots for str bonus though, but even that's iffy)

LOL no. The extra damage you do will be completely negated by the time it takes to mine the ore, smelt the bars, smith the stuff, and get back to helping with the dungeon. That entire time could definitely have been spent either co-keying (find door, gate door, get key from keyer, open door) or doing GDs.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

You should time yourself smithing some time. Counting all the time it takes to mine, home teleport, smelt, and smith, it's a pretty lengthy process. I can ALMOST see doing it for protection if armor were more useful, but to do it just for a tiny str bonus that serves no purpose other than speeding up kills is a hilariously ironic waste of time.

who says you home tele? Just keep it with you for when you find a furnace on the way. With a good gatherer ring, you get 2 ores fast.

Like I said, it's iffy. I don't have much experience with rushing, nor do I plain to gain my experience with it anytime soon. It was just a random thought, nothing really more to go by.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png