Pro DGing

TheAncient

What is the best way to obtain a prom 2h and plate? I don't have any close friends with high enough smithing

Join the clan chat, Dung Smith

Mention you want something made so they know someone is waiting, and when someone is free to help, they will.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was thinking that the best use of the initial money you get would be to make a farming patch and grow 2x lycopus (for strongs & puzzle doors) and 1x WG. That way you never have to worry about herbs for opening doors and you get strong pots. A third lycopus is probably good later on, to plant before you get your altar.

Total cost:

9000 WG

10500 x2 Lyc

1000 x5 Claws

11500 Farm Patch

Total Cost:

46500 GP

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well you run into the risk of overpreparing if you do that; there are lots of floors that don't have 100+ skill doors, and the herb drops from monsters are usually more than enough to cover any that appear. Any decent nonkeyer should pick up wormwood/magebane/lyco/grip and ht to leave them at base during downtime. And not all bosses can be meleed, so making strong melee pots isn't essential at all.

Yeah I don't see much need to stack up on herbs so much. Maybe to make super melee pots to make the floors go by quicker? Other than that though, standard drops almost always cover the 1-2 doors you need to boost.

Lycopus gives both strong melee and strong range

WG gives strong mage

And the main benefit is that you do GD's faster... not for the boss.

All the extra herbs you don't use can be eventually put to use at the boss.

Plus the times where you DONT get herb drops and need to pot for a door this will be very handy.

Obviously you would only start building this stuff when A) you have cash B) there's no GD's C) other teammates are good enough to help the keyer gate. If your other teammates are noobs and messing around, you should probably be helping the keyer gate - that's more important than strongpots

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The difference between how common a 20 minute, and 30 minute floor is shows how good a team is, as well as some luck about the floor. Armor is a waste, it takes around what, a minute to mine, smith, and make?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The difference between how common a 20 minute, and 30 minute floor is shows how good a team is, as well as some luck about the floor. Armor is a waste, it takes around what, a minute to mine, smith, and make?

agreed its the team gating stuff that mkes alot of dif cept for the maps that is like...

1 way puzzzle room/gd whole time.

:P

though my fave keyers are solo keyers instead of gatefreaks =p

or a balance in between

o and the reason people spend 20 mins to find a team to do 5 floors in a row is just that its better than finding a replacement each go and not knowing if that person is good or not and floors usually get faster depending on map creation as u learn how others play =p.

i dont do straight floors often but i think thiers more incentive to do those fast as u know that ur getting a ton of exp when all are done.

to the farming patch idea i think just plant lyco or winter or worm or mage seeds as u find them if u find on ground.

lots of people make ragers for bosses

only time i really used melee pots was when thier was skiller on team but for them to benifit u need a fast team

but yeh sometimes 100+ doors rlly slow down but sometimes they dont.

remember that they dont need to be done til boss has been found

StarViv.png

Gatherer tier 8...And armor is better to have than loads food, because you can get KOED alot easier without armor than with if you end up in a dangerous room. Fishing and cooking is something team mates can do when Keyer don't need help with Guardian doors.

I've been abusing gatestones recently (not group gatestones)

As all damage you receive while teleporting with the gatestone is never dealt to you.

If you see that you just failed a skill door, teleport and you'll avoid the damage.

Trap floors? Teleport after walking onto them to avoid the damage.

about to get KOed by monsters in a room? teleport to avoid the damage.

I don't die too often, even without any more armor than an antidragon shield and my SS hood these days because this is so abusable.

Very often I die AFTER I emergency GS somewhere.

Gatherer tier 8...And armor is better to have than loads food, because you can get KOED alot easier without armor than with if you end up in a dangerous room. Fishing and cooking is something team mates can do when Keyer don't need help with Guardian doors.

As all damage you receive while teleporting with the gatestone is never dealt to you.

If you see that you just failed a skill door, teleport and you'll avoid the damage.

I don't die too often, even without any more armor than an antidragon shield and my SS hood these days because this is so abusable.

You almost always die at...

Youre not doing it right. Are you sure youre using GS or GGS?

sigcopyaf.png

I really have no idea why/how some of you find "free time" to mine/smith unless your keyer is terrible. If you have a second to stop it should be spent planting seeds/making lyco (unfs) or clearing puzzle rooms that the keyer is in for level mod and more food.

I really have no idea why/how some of you find "free time" to mine/smith unless your keyer is terrible. If you have a second to stop it should be spent planting seeds/making lyco (unfs) or clearing puzzle rooms that the keyer is in for level mod and more food.

This too. Plus most of your freetime should be spent gating places anyway.

Quick question: seeing as Primal platebody and Sagittarian leatherbody are now released (and hopefully tested), is there any consensus on which one makes a better bind?

Quick answer would be platebody. Leatherbody might be better in some scenarios but it's pretty unlikely.

sigcopyaf.png

Quick question: seeing as Primal platebody and Sagittarian leatherbody are now released (and hopefully tested), is there any consensus on which one makes a better bind?

Quick answer would be platebody. Leatherbody might be better in some scenarios but it's pretty unlikely.

The platebody is a better bind because people typically pray mage when there are mages/necros/books; so unless you do something different in that scenario, bind the plate.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

The platebody is a better bind because people typically pray mage when there are mages/necros/books; so unless you do something different in that scenario, bind the plate.

While I agree, the point was brought up that range defense actually doesn't help you that much, whereas magic defense does significantly. I'm not completely sure about this though.

sigcopyaf.png

While I agree, the point was brought up that range defense actually doesn't help you that much, whereas magic defense does significantly. I'm not completely sure about this though.

I pretty strongly disagree with this- when I used a tyro body mages still kicked my ass, and the melee def on plate is better. Plus no negative attack stats.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I pretty strongly disagree with this- when I used a tyro body mages still kicked my ass, and the melee def on plate is better. Plus no negative attack stats.

Meh you're probably right. I've tested neither.

sigcopyaf.png

PLUS if you try to rush a room without protect mage on and get bound it's gonna get ugly, and curse spells are an annoyance.

So many reasons.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I disagree. While I have neither the Sag body nor the Primal body, I can say from my experience with the Tyranno body and the Prom plate that the leatherbody is a much better bind. I wore both for a few dungeons (before I had the hood, of course) and I noticed that, despite the fact that I had a Prom plate on, melee and ranged attacks still hit me fairly accurately. It didn't seem like the plate did very much. However, when I wore the Tyranno body, the mages splashed their spells a large amount of the time. It got to the point where I could take 2-3 mages with little difficulty.

But there's a good +17 magic defence bonus difference between sagittarian and tyranno. Magic defense is more sensitive to changes in bonuses than melee/ranged, so perhaps that last +17 magic def could make a noticible difference. Perhaps not. This is why I was hoping to hear something about it being tested.

this is exactly why I brought this up now: there's been a lot of reasoning and rationalizing, but now they they have been released, I wonder what the hard data says. I'm guessing nobody's heard from the pro dungeoneers who have managed to obtain either body...

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Uh, so is anyone still willing to follow through with the multi-screen commentary? I'd be happy to film a few dungeons with a prospective commentator.

our perm team is preparing to do this atm.

Anyway to the tif staff, i'd still like a reply about if anyone wants to collab with me on a perm team matching project.

sigcopyaf.png

Uh, so is anyone still willing to follow through with the multi-screen commentary? I'd be happy to film a few dungeons with a prospective commentator.

our perm team is preparing to do this atm.

Anyway to the tif staff, i'd still like a reply about if anyone wants to collab with me on a perm team matching project.

Oh really? Awesome! I can't wait to see it.