- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just take any armor you get on the table and don't bother with any more.

Armor is not really worth the time in most cases, but in times I had low LP, a frac platebody saved my ass.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Personally, i enjoy Dungeoneering very much.

I almost always key, because taht insures constant 40 min dungs, almost no matter how good a team or how bad a dung - 40 min'ish.

Works wonders

Boeg.png

And this is why people on w117 will always suck. NEVER MAKE ARMOR. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER. You SUCK if you can't use prayers/food to stay alive as a keyer, even w/o help from team.

This line of argument frustrates me.

If I went into a medium dungeon right now and tried to rely on food and prayer alone, I'd die within ten rooms. Goodness knows how much that tactic would fail with my defence level on a large floor, although I'll confess I've never been on one, I know it's twice as large as medium. At level 76 defence, my combat stats can hardly be considered 'low' in the context of everyone who plays RuneScape (ranked 520K out of several million accounts, in the top 30% at worst).

Racheya touched on this in her article a couple of weeks ago, and she was shouted down for not knowing any better, but the inconvenient truth is not everyone has 99 defence/HP, nor should they to enjoy dungeoneering without being told they 'SUCK'.

Some people have to make armour to survive in dung without dying. Suck it up, go form a clan where making armour is banned. Otherwise, don't expect some stranger you've never spoken to before from w117 to conform to your exacting standards.

Most of them can't make armour, so they feel bad and make up excuses.

2 minutes (if even that) for melee gear is hardly a waste of time or a valid excuse.

Don't worry 99 def without gear won't save you either so your not alone.

You still get hit 90% of the time.

Be wary of the "pro" teams or the nonsense written in this thread.

Clown crews always need 1 guinea pig to run in the rooms first.

Guess who that will be. :idea:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

2 minutes (if even that) for melee gear is hardly a waste of time or a valid excuse.

Uh huh. And tell me, how fast do you average dungeons? I guarantee it's not under half an hour.

I wonder why everyone posting "nonsense" about how to dungeoneer effectively is over 90 dungeoneering. Seems like a strange coincidence that we would ALL be fairly experienced.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

:rolleyes: Your trolling is getting tiring - amusing at first, now just silly

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

An interesting idea would be to getpro dg teams players to run with w148 teams once in a while. The level there is (much) better than w117, but they would need examples.

I got this idea because a level 108 dg keyed a floor a was taking part in and we did it in 25 minutes or so. I learned many good strategies from seeing him key.

Even if they did one floor like that every week or more (less often), many people would be getting much better.

WarBlastoise.png

Most of them are maxed and are good enough at combat not to let monsters hit them. With 99 def and 3 binds(weapon, hood and plate/body) there really is no reason to waste your time making armor when you can survive on prayer/food, and if you can't, you should get better at combat. The fact that you don't have any experience at this only proves that none of your arguments hold any water.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

About smithing:

These same "pro dungeoneers" wait for 20 mins to just form a team... How stupid is that?

I'd rather smith for 2 mins and get smithing exp, as well.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

About smithing:

These same "pro dungeoneers" wait for 20 mins to just form a team... How stupid is that?

I'd rather smith for 2 mins and get smithing exp, as well.

Yeah, they spend 20 minutes to form a team, then do 10 large dungeons in a row. How is that a bad thing? Is it better to take 5 minutes to form a team every floor, then come here and bi**h about lousy teammates on these forums? I haven't seen any 3bo members crying that big boy nr. 7 took their salve eels...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

An interesting idea would be to getpro dg teams players to run with w148 teams once in a while. The level there is (much) better than w117, but they would need examples.

I got this idea because a level 108 dg keyed a floor a was taking part in and we did it in 25 minutes or so. I learned many good strategies from seeing him key.

Even if they did one floor like that every week or more (less often), many people would be getting much better.

But they won't do that because they're 1000x better than the rest of us. They think we will only slow them down from 20 minute larges to 30 minute larges, OH NOES!!! :ohnoes:

Staurolite.png

But they won't do that because they're 1000x better than the rest of us. They think we will only slow them down from 20 minute larges to 30 minute larges, OH NOES!!! :ohnoes:

10 minutes is a lot. :thumbup:

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

10 minutes = 33 1/3% = loads. That's like, days or weeks difference to 120 dg (24hr days, too, not 8 hr work days).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd say w138>w148>117.

Although I would say making armor in worlds such as w148 and w117, isn't a bad idea, considering teams tend to stray behind.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

10 minutes is a lot. :thumbup:

I know, I was answering his question :thumbup:

Staurolite.png

I'd say w138>w148>117.

Although I would say making armor in worlds such as w148 and w117, isn't a bad idea, considering teams tend to stray behind.

You know why the teams tend to stray behind?

Because they're making armor.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

There isnt anything wrong with makin the best chain or legs you can. You just have to do it wisely.

Like when everyone cleared GD and there is an ore there, Why not?

Keyer says HT, ok. Im just gonna make a plate out of this ore that took 10 seconds to mine then recharge prayer and ggt to the keyer.

I think I just wasted 15 seconds of time that i wouldnt of spent doing nothing anyway and got some def out of it...

OH NOES!

But I do agree that if your going out of your way to get armour, that is pointless. I normally tell people to stop mining ore if I see them do it more than 3 times.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

There isnt anything wrong with makin the best chain or legs you can. You just have to do it wisely.

Like when everyone cleared GD and there is an ore there, Why not?

Keyer says HT, ok. Im just gonna make a plate out of this ore that took 10 seconds to mine then recharge prayer and ggt to the keyer.

I think I just wasted 15 seconds of time that i wouldnt of spent doing nothing anyway and got some def out of it...

OH NOES!

But I do agree that if your going out of your way to get armour, that is pointless. I normally tell people to stop mining ore if I see them do it more than 3 times.

even so, making armor should be one of your lower priorities. if you have spare time (which you legitimately might), you should either be fishing, cooking, or making strong pots.

sigcopyaf.png

10 minutes = 33 1/3% = loads. That's like, days or weeks difference to 120 dg (24hr days, too, not 8 hr work days).

The fact is that I was talking on doing one once in a while. An hour on your way to 120 isn't that destructive.

Slippery slope (which isn't a correct argument, but important to consider).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The fact is that I was talking on doing one once in a while. An hour on your way to 120 isn't that destructive.

I'm willing to bet that the few less deaths you get due to making armor more then makes up for the 15 seconds "lost" actually making the armor.

Sumondskull6.png

I'm willing to bet that the few less deaths you get due to making armor more then makes up for the 15 seconds "lost" actually making the armor.

It's not hard to stay alive if you know what you're doing

I've been entirely armourless for ages and I can't remember the last time I died

What is the best way to obtain a prom 2h and plate? I don't have any close friends with high enough smithing

There used to be a cc for smithing items when DG first came out not sure if it is still around, or what it's called.

I know I am a big help lol.