Pro DGing

TheAncient

Also random question, I've got laws binded and usually during necrolord floors people get mad at me for not having arrows binded.

Now would you say that it worth killing the law bind just for that boss?

Depends.

If you wait until the very end to make your arrows, yeah, i'd get mad at you too

You have to pick WHEN to make the arrows and not to leave them until last minute, but also don't make them when there's skill / guardian doors to make

Laws speed up c1 rushing a lot which is the main reason to keep them bound.

Many 100 + dg'ers have them unless they have a hex bound.

Would argue its better to have one or two people have surgebox bound on the team. im supposed to be that guy for my team but i dont have 70RC TROLOOL

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also random question, I've got laws binded and usually during necrolord floors people get mad at me for not having arrows binded.

Depends.

If you wait until the very end to make your arrows, yeah, i'd get mad at you too

You have to pick WHEN to make the arrows and not to leave them until last minute, but also don't make them when there's skill / guardian doors to make

Laws speed up c1 rushing a lot which is the main reason to keep them bound.

Many 100 + dg'ers have them unless they have a hex bound.

Would argue its better to have one or two people have surgebox bound on the team. im supposed to be that guy for my team but i dont have 70RC TROLOOL

That may work in theory, but this also suggests you have a permanent team. The way he worded it suggests he's dg'ing with randoms, not a perm team

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

That may work in theory, but this also suggests you have a permanent team. The way he worded it suggests he's dg'ing with randoms, not a perm team

I think it would even work well with randoms. but anyway youre right - thats why i really wanna help make a perm team finder :) lets you specialize and experiment

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I think it would even work well with randoms. but anyway youre right - thats why i really wanna help make a perm team finder :) lets you specialize and experiment

I'd be interested in said things, been trying to find a good team for a while but everyone on my friends list has either < 80 dungeoneering, or only has 81ish for a cls.

Yes. Cls.

Nuff said >.>

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

So about the surgebox, is it possible for me to bind combat casts, while still keeping my laws bound as part of the box?

No

sigcopyaf.png

Runes are easy enough to get. I binded Sag arrows over laws awhile ago and haven't missed them yet.

Meh, getting enough airs deaths and bloods is a huge hassle and takes up 3 inventory slots. I'd agree with you on laws but not on airs/deaths/bloods for surgebox.

sigcopyaf.png

After watching that vid, I've decided that the most important factor that divides good dging from average is voice communication. It seems like most of the time with randoms that everyone knows all the moves to speed things up, the problem is that we can't communicate quick enough with the in game chat while dungeing. Also, I need to get a mouse, I've been running on a mousepad for years, but I've gotten to point where I will never be able to be as fast as someone with a real mouse, even though I'm fast enough for average play.

Magic is powerful enough, as long as you have 77 RC or someone friendly enough to make you bloods. or a surgebox.

fractite arrows from shop is the fastest way to do it

laws cut more than c1 time, there's not enough gp for people to make enough laws for everyone in the start of a dungeon and people end up going back to get them every single floor and its just messy

Hmm do you really think fractite is sufficient for necrolord?

Sagittarian arrows are about 1.75x better DPS than fractite (but of course you can't make those)

promethium are about 1.5x better dps than fractite

gorgonite are 1.35x

katagon are about 1.24x

you can judge for yourself based on that :P

Naaxi.png

I got surgebox bound and I kinda miss my laws. I mostly end up having to go back to make more runes somewhere in the middle and air surge really isn't all that powerful (yet very accurate on warriors). I'm gonna keep it for now, cause it's pretty hard to get though. I'm also not sure whether it works with Tank ring. I would actually think not, from my own experience.

On another note: I started keying some dungeons, and I really respect keyers even more now, it's really not that easy. My best dg is 35 min now (fl 38). Good team matters a lot though, at least for the beginning keyer like me;

I got surgebox bound and I kinda miss my laws. I mostly end up having to go back to make more runes somewhere in the middle and air surge really isn't all that powerful (yet very accurate on warriors). I'm gonna keep it for now, cause it's pretty hard to get though. I'm also not sure whether it works with Tank ring. I would actually think not, from my own experience.

On another note: I started keying some dungeons, and I really respect keyers even more now, it's really not that easy. My best dg is 35 min now (fl 38). Good team matters a lot though, at least for the beginning keyer like me;

I just make 60 laws, 20 astrals, and 60 cosmics at the beginning of a large.

it costs 5k coins, and lasts the entire floor. Not bad at all.

You should make a fire staff at the beginning of the floor. Only costs like 1k gp for a bloodspindle.

Naaxi.png

You should make a fire staff at the beginning of the floor. Only costs like 1k gp for a bloodspindle.

That's 7.3k for everything (toolbox + runes + bloodspindle). Very often I don't find enough stuff for all that.

That's 7.3k for everything (toolbox + runes + bloodspindle). Very often I don't find enough stuff for all that.

if you don't get enough stuff off the table, kill the monsters next to the smuggler base.

They drop more money than other monsters.

10k-90k per kill is pretty common for those monsters.

That's usually more than enough for 7.3k for every player at the base.

If you're lucky, you can get enough or close to enough for an altar off the bat.

Naaxi.png

I happened to stumble across a Celestial Surgebox today. After some discussion with Squisher (A_Final_Name), I bound it over my 125 Saggi arrows. I generally never have a problem making laws/cosmics/astrals at the beginning of a dungeon, so I felt this was the best move. Especially for those painfully slow prom/primal warriors....Any thoughts/opinions?

Also...Bedman, do you use magic throughout the dungeon, or just in certain situations? I'll only use magic in certain situations (warriors), so I'm not sure if it will run out of casts or not.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

If your box runs out of charges, all you have to do is log out and log back in and the box will be charged again.

I still think Magic is pretty impressive DPS with Blazer. I feel that it's underestimated. That is with Fire Surge,

If your box runs out of charges, all you have to do is log out and log back in and the box will be charged again.

I still think Magic is pretty impressive DPS with Blazer. I feel that it's underestimated. That is with Fire Surge,

with essentially unlimited ammo thought, wouldn't blitzer be better?

Naaxi.png

I seem to remember reading that blazer works out to be just plain better in every way (DPS and damage per rune), which I thought was silly. I've also seen a t10 blazer ring in action and it is damn impressive.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I seem to remember reading that blazer works out to be just plain better in every way (DPS and damage per rune), which I thought was silly. I've also seen a t10 blazer ring in action and it is damn impressive.

they're both an equal increase in DPS on a target of infinite health.

blazer has better damage per rune.

but blitzer results in less overkill loss, and faster kills (due to not having to wait for the bonus damage from taking effect).

blitzer is also more consistent (which can be good or bad, but usually good)

blazer is better for gatestone tricking since you do more damage per spell.

Naaxi.png

I happened to stumble across a Celestial Surgebox today. After some discussion with Squisher (A_Final_Name), I bound it over my 125 Saggi arrows. I generally never have a problem making laws/cosmics/astrals at the beginning of a dungeon, so I felt this was the best move. Especially for those painfully slow prom/primal warriors....Any thoughts/opinions?

Also...Bedman, do you use magic throughout the dungeon, or just in certain situations? I'll only use magic in certain situations (warriors), so I'm not sure if it will run out of casts or not.

Just for warriors, and sometimes those high lvl demons with their uber defence.

Interesting. So then the question becomes- potentially have to relog to replenish runes more often, or do slightly more overkill damage? I also feel like it'd be less annoying to do more damage per hit rather than speed up casts, but that's more a matter of opinion and I've also never actually tried either ring personally.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Interesting. So then the question becomes- potentially have to relog to replenish runes more often, or do slightly more overkill damage? I also feel like it'd be less annoying to do more damage per hit rather than speed up casts, but that's more a matter of opinion and I've also never actually tried either ring personally.

would you actually use up 125 spells though? If you're only casting on monsters that are weak to magic, you really shouldn't be.

Naaxi.png