9-Nov-2010 - Bank Op and Equip Screen Update (BOAESU)

Pirkka

But now we find out shields are actually 7%-14% and it's not even say 300-14%... it's 300-200-14%. Someone did some quick math somewhere and Jad has to 1-hit you to soak a 3 digit number. I mean really, wtf is with all these limits on shields anyway. EVEN WITHOUT LIMITS THEY STILL SOAK LESS THAN SPIRIT SHIELDS.

So you subtract 200 from the initial number, then reduce that by 14% to find how much its reduced? So, lets say a 500 melee hit on a farseer kiteshield would become 458? That's 500-(500-200*0.14)? That's pretty sad...

Here's what we were lead to believe before.

When it was first released, people thought it was a straight 20% reduction (on certain attack types and on attacks dealing over 200 damage).

500*0.8=400

Then, we found it could reduce "up to 20%". Which could theoretically be a 1-20% reduction.

500*0.99=495 up to 500*0.8=400

Now, we see it reduces by 14%.

500*0.86=430

Now, we're saying it does some more [cabbage]...

500-(500-200*0.14)=458

But now you're saying in the calculations it subtracts 200, then calculates the damage reduction? I was thinking the "flat rate" of 14% made it better than the "up to 20%" reduction, but theres another factor? If so, that's really [cabbage]ty.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making it 20% regardless of the hit would be better tbh.

OF COURSE NOT!

trains2.png

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

i worked the numbers out and even if you brew to 1138 hp from 990, and then are hit for all of your health you'll still only reduce the damage by like 12% overall.

to anyone saying "but it says UP TO x%", if this is what they meant, then they could just as easily written "soaks up to 100% of the damage... 0% of the time" these shields will never soak 7%, or 14% of the damage you receive in a hit. chaotic shields aren't even that appealing, i don't understand why they had to 1) apply the soak to only 200+ hits, and 2) apparently change the soak percentages from 10 and 20 to 7 and 14

fishing.gif

Yeah, a 500 melee hit would tend to be reduced to 458. And chances are its probably just "up too" 14% still. Which would make the shields even worse.

Honestly, to make these shields even at all worth it, they just need to double all the offensive and defensive stats on them. Make the C kite the single highest armor piece you could wear.

pere_grin.png

If they would just get rid of the "200 damage" rule, and actually have it always reduce by even 14% and 7% (though I would really like 20% and 10%), they might be somewhat worth using. Probably not much in comparison to a divine spirit shield, but not everyone can afford one of those. Why is it that Jagex has to put such stupid limits on items, as if to try making them as useless as possible.

Look at the bonecrusher. Nice concept, but the tokens spent on it are better spent on something more useful. By the time you have 34k dungeoneering tokens lying around, and nothing else worth spending them on, you're probably way too high leveled to find much of a use for this piece of garbage.

Then there's rapid renewal, 100k+ dungeoneering tokens, and drains prayer ridiculously fast for such a small health gain. Not worth any amount of tokens.

Spirit cape.

trains2.png

dsslol.png

DIVINE NERF DOESN'T ABOSRB DAMAGE ANYMORE

Nice fail jagex on not showing the 30% reduction. Shameless promotion of the DG shield which, frankly, suck mega donkey balls.

I actually just canceled my membership as a final push off the edge from this update, probably for good. I only renewed it after the BTS mentioned new Dungeoneering rewards. (ROFL) Now we find out that dungeoneering shields are even worse than originally thought. On top of this, I'm sick of how stupid JaGeX is in general - currently referring to how knowledge base is ALWAYS wrong about EVERYTHING and it's the official website. This means that the dungeoneering rewards have been wrong for a year now? Don't know how long the skill has been out. They have had wrong information in the game ITSELF AS WELL.

But now we find out shields are actually 7%-14% and it's not even say 300-14%... it's 300-200-14%. Someone did some quick math somewhere and Jad has to 1-hit you to soak a 3 digit number. I mean really, wtf is with all these limits on shields anyway. EVEN WITHOUT LIMITS THEY STILL SOAK LESS THAN SPIRIT SHIELDS.

But another of the over 9000 idiot things of JaGeX, is what you have pointed out - the equip screen doesn't show spirit shields soaking damage. Wtf? Dung (crap) shields don't ALWAYS absorb either so why not show the absorb of spirit shields that ALSO don't ALWAYS absorb. Just completely sick of how stupid this company has gotten. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Am I jumping the gun a bit too much when I say I hope this mean you may actually stop ranting at every single update Jagex does?

The knowledge base said up to those percentages. The shields still have a regular defensive value which is very high, which doesn't make them useless. The ability is a bonus, not the main selling point.

On the KB, yes it often has an error or an explanation that is worded badly, but do you have any idea on the amount of work it takes to write the KB? We often have mistakes here on Tip.it, and we have a very large team working on everything to a very high standard. They don't have a large amount of mistakes on the KB, they are just picked up very quickly by players and highlighted. As has been posted by a Jmod, the change to the shields was a last minute design change which means the person writing the KB had the wrong information. It isn't because they don't play the game, it isn't because they are stupid, it is a small human error.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

OF COURSE NOT!

Why? It still wouldn't be as good as either the Ely or Divine, but it would still make the shields somewhat worth getting.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Am I jumping the gun a bit too much when I say I hope this mean you may actually stop ranting at every single update Jagex does?

The knowledge base said up to those percentages. The shields still have a regular defensive value which is very high, which doesn't make them useless. The ability is a bonus, not the main selling point.

On the KB, yes it often has an error or an explanation that is worded badly, but do you have any idea on the amount of work it takes to write the KB? We often have mistakes here on Tip.it, and we have a very large team working on everything to a very high standard. They don't have a large amount of mistakes on the KB, they are just picked up very quickly by players and highlighted. As has been posted by a Jmod, the change to the shields was a last minute design change which means the person writing the KB had the wrong information. It isn't because they don't play the game, it isn't because they are stupid, it is a small human error.

but how long could it possibly take to fix it?

the dungeoneering equipment page really shouldn't take a single employee than an hour.

They might as well fix it while the community is vocal.

They have like ~400 employees, I don't see why they can't spare a single one for a day to fix the few mistakes that the community is already pointing out.

I always fix the mistakes on my guides within an hour of someone pointing it out to me, otherwise I'll forget about it later.

Naaxi.png

OF COURSE NOT!

Why? It still wouldn't be as good as either the Ely or Divine, but it would still make the shields somewhat worth getting.

It would be a lesser alternative for those who can't get either though.

But it's NOT "up to" those percentages. The shields will never, ever soak that much, meaning it's blatantly incorrect to put that as the max. If Mod Ash knows the exact formula for damage reduction, that's what should be on the stupid KB.

The problem with saying "oh it's just human error" about the KB is that they have direct access to the information. They wrote the game, they programmed the equipment, they put all the numbers in. Tip.it has errors because the people writing it have to derive everything from the game manually. Ironically, many fansite errors I've seen have been the result of copying incorrect info from the KB.

Jagex not being able to take their own information from the code of their own game and copy it accurately into their own website is not some forgivable human error, it's blatant stupidity.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The difference between you and Jagex is that when a mistake is brought to your attention, you attempt to fix the problem as soon as possible. When Jagex learns of a mistake...they either:

A) Ignore it

B) Fix it 8 months later

C) Fix it 6 months later and don't tell anybody

D) Fix it and make it worst

E) Say "nah, we'll fix it at next week's update"....and never do

OF COURSE NOT!

And....?

There are so many items like that already....

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

OF COURSE NOT!

Because that actually makes sense. And we all know the likelihood that Jagex will spring for something like that is right up there next to Sailing.

a70c7.png

Honestly, yes, it kind of is the main selling point.

dsslol.png

Nice fail jagex on not showing the 30% reduction. Shameless promotion of the DG shield which, frankly, suck mega donkey balls.

I actually just canceled my membership as a final push off the edge from this update, probably for good. I only renewed it after the BTS mentioned new Dungeoneering rewards. (ROFL) Now we find out that dungeoneering shields are even worse than originally thought. On top of this, I'm sick of how stupid JaGeX is in general - currently referring to how knowledge base is ALWAYS wrong about EVERYTHING and it's the official website. This means that the dungeoneering rewards have been wrong for a year now? Don't know how long the skill has been out. They have had wrong information in the game ITSELF AS WELL.

But another of the over 9000 idiot things of JaGeX, is what you have pointed out - the equip screen doesn't show spirit shields soaking damage. Wtf? Dung (crap) shields don't ALWAYS absorb either so why not show the absorb of spirit shields that ALSO don't ALWAYS absorb. Just completely sick of how stupid this company has gotten. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

NO. Because these errors are SO [bleep]ING COMMON. A KB error a few times a year is one thing. EVERY SINGLE UPDATE lately, where content has been added to the game, and a corrosponding article added to the KB, has had multiple errors in it. Hell, look how long it took Jagex to fix the explanation of the RoW. Its up to 20% of damage over 200 LP in that combat style, it should be ALWAYS 20% of damage, over 100, at least, or something.

The shields defense stats are the only thing they have going for them.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

dsslol.png

NO. Because these errors are SO [bleep]ING COMMON. A KB error a few times a year is one thing. EVERY SINGLE UPDATE lately, where content has been added to the game, and a corrosponding article added to the KB, has had multiple errors in it. Hell, look how long it took Jagex to fix the explanation of the RoW. Its up to 20% of damage over 200 LP in that combat style, it should be ALWAYS 20% of damage, over 100, at least, or something.

The shields defense stats are the only thing they have going for them.

it's only up to 14% actually.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

OF COURSE NOT!

And....?

There are so many items like that already....

I know. I wouldn't mind them being boosted to 20%. It would actually make me consider buying one.

Right now, its one of the last things I plan on buying. Its the whole over 200 limit that kills the shield the most in my opinion, because it almost only makes it appeal to boss hunters/pvp'ers.

No slayer monster hits loads of 200+ hits where prayer can't fix it, and rune defender would probably still win in that case because of its offensive bonuses.

Only good I see from this update is that Ely's and Divine's have taken a (likely temporary) dive in price due to the corp update and due to the lack of damage absorption appearing on the interface. Downside is I can no longer afford one after buyng a bunch of skilling crap.

You said this last time, and you were wrong. People with a divine or ely most likely aren't as stupid as the rest of RS. I doubt anything will change. The number of corpers won't, for instance.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Divine just took a dive because it JUST updated in the GE. Nothing to do with anything else- higher GE value = lower street value, end of story.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Oh good, I don't care too much about street atm since I don't wish to sell my divine, so higher ge price is nice :P

Stonewall337.png