9-Nov-2010 - Bank Op and Equip Screen Update (BOAESU)

Pirkka

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a 500 melee hit would tend to be reduced to 458. And chances are its probably just "up too" 14% still. Which would make the shields even worse.

Honestly, to make these shields even at all worth it, they just need to double all the offensive and defensive stats on them. Make the C kite the single highest armor piece you could wear.

Or just make the reductions not, you know, suck. Flat rate of 10% and 20% reduction. Powerful, yes, but we need some damned powerful defense in this game at times. And chaotic items SHOULD be powerful.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yeah, a 500 melee hit would tend to be reduced to 458. And chances are its probably just "up too" 14% still. Which would make the shields even worse.

Honestly, to make these shields even at all worth it, they just need to double all the offensive and defensive stats on them. Make the C kite the single highest armor piece you could wear.

Or just make the reductions not, you know, suck. Flat rate of 10% and 20% reduction. Powerful, yes, but we need some damned powerful defense in this game at times. And chaotic items SHOULD be powerful.

Exactly. They'd still be worse than divine in all situations, and DRAMATICALLY worse in some situations (where you have to worry about attacks from all sides of the combat triangle). 20/10% would be a perfect balance, but instead they opt for useless crap.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ugh, now you can't click off the bank screen which is annoying when you're smithing in Edgeville. Poop, now we have to cross the interface off or click on the minimap.

This is really annoying me -.-

Edit: Read through the rest of the thread, glad to hear that they are fixing with the next update. Can't wait for it.

So moving away from the fact that shields suck even more then we already knew.

How does spirit cape work now?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Can we just make one thing clear. One thing.

We are Tip.It, and it is our duty to be mature and rational about what Jagex has done, because we are going to have a hard time finding it anywhere else. This game has a huge community, and its future lies in whether we can build up this community into one which other people want to be a part of. I do not want to see an official update topic degenerate into a flame war. I want to see us, Tip.Iters, outline exactly what is wrong. If that means that we take the KB page and edit it to a standard which we find acceptable, if that means doing our own research and discovering the correct facts and figures, and send it right back to Jagex to tell them exactly what they should have done, SO BE IT.

Maybe for once we can actually do some good for the game? At this rate, we're certainly not doing that now.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

We are Tip.It, and it is our duty to be mature and rational about what Jagex has done, because we are going to have a hard time finding it anywhere else. This game has a huge community, and its future lies in whether we can build up this community into one which other people want to be a part of. I do not want to see an official update topic degenerate into a flame war. I want to see us, Tip.Iters, outline exactly what is wrong. If that means that we take the KB page and edit it to a standard which we find acceptable, if that means doing our own research and discovering the correct facts and figures, and send it right back to Jagex to tell them exactly what they should have done, SO BE IT.

Maybe for once we can actually do some good for the game? At this rate, we're certainly not doing that now.

Umm... we already are a wealth of information... and in general a very positive impact on the game. I don't get your condescension.

There is (at least, should not be) nothing wrong with critizing jagex when they clearly are being incompetent

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

What the hell are you on about?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

It doesn't work to fill your pouches when you have pure essences in your bank but not in your inventory. That would have speeded up runecrafting quite a bit. As it is now it does make a slight difference though, since as you say, you don't have to close/open the bank several times. But the difference is still very small, if you don't have a slow computer so you bank takes a long time to load.

Well its fine so long as the number of clicks are reduced. I guess you don't save much time but the wear and tear on your clicking finger is reduced. I get tired sometimes from too muck clicking so this is a welcome update.

I'm getting more than a little tired of Jagex's stupidity as well.

But what angers me more is their complete and utter stubbornness about it all. Every time a majority of the fanbase makes a complaint about a clearly asinine feature or aspect thereof, Jagex always responds with something like: "We like the way it works. We won't be changing it :)". Makes steam well up in my nostrils every time I read something like that.

Of course they like it. People with no talent do tend to get almost romantically attached to their creations without regard for the fact that what they have created is a piece of garbage. It is made worse by the fact that Jagex seemingly develops features in complete ignorance of how their players actually play the game.

Tell me, how can one LIKE the fact that the base floor and prestige experience values are both affected by the modifiers, and then the modifiers are applied again to the average of the two? That completely flies in the face of what a BASE rate is - a MINIMUM. It's like calling a variable that you are clearly making modifications to a constant value.

Then of course you have the asinine mechanics of the chaotic shields, which were advertised as something that was actually simple and reasonable. I think it was because the people responsive for the KB simply couldn't understand the stupidly complicated mechanics that they were being told, that they got it wrong.

Umm... we already are a wealth of information... and in general a very positive impact on the game. I don't get your condescension.

There is (at least, should not be) nothing wrong with critizing jagex when they clearly are being incompetent

His point is.. Instead of people raging over items that appear to be different than what the k-base says, they should actually be helpful and report them as bugs so they get fixed. When was the last time any of you send in a bug report? If your not sending in report(s) weekly about items that appear to be off what the K-base says, then you really cant complain not enough is being done... If your neighbor has his volume turned all the way up, do you just sit there and complain about it, or do you contact someone who will fix the problem for you? Players are a wealth of information, so they should have no trouble identifying serious K-Base issues. And on the topic of serious issues..

The shields themselves didn't change from pre-bank update to bank update. Players who used the shields should notice they are not any less useful at 14% than they were listed as 20%. If Jagex had listed it in the bank menu as 20%, nobody would have ever noticed a difference in their performance. All people are complaining about is numbers, and not how the shield works. Jagex could change the DFS strength to +7 on the Kbase, but that doesn't stop the shield from being +8, or being less useful than it was a week ago. Complaining about it is pointless. Just report it as a bug and move on.

Katori, you are WRONG. Its not a bug. Jagex [bleep]ED UP. They said it was up to 20%, when it can NEVER BE UP TO 20%.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

His point is.. Instead of people raging over items that appear to be different than what the k-base says, they should actually be helpful and report them as bugs so they get fixed. When was the last time any of you send in a bug report? If your not sending in report(s) weekly about items that appear to be off what the K-base says, then you really cant complain not enough is being done... If your neighbor has his volume turned all the way up, do you just sit there and complain about it, or do you contact someone who will fix the problem for you? Players are a wealth of information, so they should have no trouble identifying serious K-Base issues. And on the topic of serious issues..

The shields themselves didn't change from pre-bank update to bank update. Players who used the shields should notice they are not any less useful at 14% than they were listed as 20%. If Jagex had listed it in the bank menu as 20%, nobody would have ever noticed a difference in their performance. All people are complaining about is numbers, and not how the shield works. Jagex could change the DFS strength to +7 on the Kbase, but that doesn't stop the shield from being +8, or being less useful than it was a week ago. Complaining about it is pointless. Just report it as a bug and move on.

Jagex doesn't really do a good job of fixing stuff that's reported.

I've submitted a bug report on the fact that a platypus can be used as a ranging safe spot, once a year now, for about 4 years.

has Jagex ever fixed the platypus? no.

Has jagex fixed other pets that accidentally were usable as a ranging safe spot? yes.

Jagex doesn't listen.

If they get raged at, they've already earned it.

Naaxi.png

Basically, how the shield works, it takes the base damage. Subtract 200 LP from that. From whatever remains, multiply it by 14% or 7%, depending on the attack style and your shield. THAT number then gets subtracted from the hit and that's truly what is absorbs.

Ex. 400 damage. Subtract 200. *14 =28. Actual damage is 482. So, basically the absorption sucks. How often do you get hit 400+ anyways.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

People need to stop basing this update on just the shields. The update as a whole this week was very good, in my eyes.

Just because of the shield "update," doesn't make this week's update bad. Personally, this is one of my favorite updates of the YEAR, with the Corp update, and bank screen changes. Why don't people look at things like this before starting on the flame-wagon? I'm tired of "Omgz0rz they nerfed sheildz, terrible update, canceling my mems, gf jagex n00bs." just because people don't like one aspect of the week's update.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

People need to stop basing this update on just the shields. The update as a whole this week was very good, in my eyes.

Just because of the shield "update," doesn't make this week's update bad. Personally, this is one of my favorite updates of the YEAR, with the Corp update, and bank screen changes. Why don't people look at things like this before starting on the flame-wagon? I'm tired of "Omgz0rz they nerfed sheildz, terrible update, canceling my mems, gf jagex n00bs." just because people don't like one aspect of the week's update.

I am actually glad that they finally released hard numbers and info on the shields. We have known that they're bad for a long time.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Lol, are you KIDDING? Jagex ignores bug reports. Period. Always have. I'll put it like this- if you had been banging on your neighbor's door, calling them, leaving notes for them, etc. every single day for the past several years asking them to turn down their stereo, and they still hadn't done it or indicated they'd heard you, would you keep on trying to contact them about it? No, you'd give up and probably call the police. Unfortunately we can't call the police on Jagex for having their heads in their asses, but instead we can talk about it on the forums and hope that mass awareness of something stupid they've done will change their mind (which it usually doesn't, but oh well).

Nobody used the shields before the update because we always knew they were worthless. We weren't sure why, but we knew they did less than advertised (which yes, has been reported and discussed to death). The difference NOW is that we know A) why the shields suck, and B) we have a straight admission that Jagex is aware they suck and has the correct math for why they suck, which is STILL not in the KB. Which is irritating because that means people will still waste tokens on a shield that sounds great in the KB but is actually garbage, unless they hear it from us first. And so we complain that either the shields need to not suck or they need to be a lot more up front about them sucking BEFORE you sink 200k tokens into them.

Hilariously, the correct value of the DFS is +7 strength. Also, that analogy is deeply flaws for reasons that should be obvious (for a short list- it's a minor stat difference rather than a major one, an honest mistake rather than what seems to be a bold-faced lie, and +8 rather than +7 would be a small bonus when you bought the shield rather than finding out that you wasted your money on crap).

I have a farkite, and it's really a joke soaking wise- even worse than you guys think.

On top of this, I'm sick of how stupid JaGeX is in general

Their QA department is even worse. This game is bugged beyond repair, every update is full of bugs (except those by Mod Ash lol).

"Bugged beyond repair" implies that the game can't even be compiled, let alone played. Thought I'd point that out.

Lol, are you KIDDING? Jagex ignores bug reports. Period. Always have. I'll put it like this- if you had been banging on your neighbor's door, calling them, leaving notes for them, etc. every single day for the past several years asking them to turn down their stereo, and they still hadn't done it or indicated they'd heard you, would you keep on trying to contact them about it? No, you'd give up and probably call the police. Unfortunately we can't call the police on Jagex for having their heads in their asses, but instead we can talk about it on the forums and hope that mass awareness of something stupid they've done will change their mind (which it usually doesn't, but oh well).

So what you're saying is, instead of reporting it through the valid channels, you're going to complain until something changes about it? If that were the case, if Jagex really didn't listen to bug reports, then RS2 would still be in beta. As for your example - it only takes one request for me for my neighbors to turn down the stereo; if they ignore that, *then* the police come in. It'd have probably made more sense if you said the police were ignoring you, and not the neighbors - the deputies carry more authority than your neighbor would in this scenario. :|

Nobody used the shields before the update because we always knew they were worthless. We weren't sure why, but we knew they did less than advertised (which yes, has been reported and discussed to death). The difference NOW is that we know A) why the shields suck, and B) we have a straight admission that Jagex is aware they suck and has the correct math for why they suck, which is STILL not in the KB. Which is irritating because that means people will still waste tokens on a shield that sounds great in the KB but is actually garbage, unless they hear it from us first. And so we complain that either the shields need to not suck or they need to be a lot more up front about them sucking BEFORE you sink 200k tokens into them.

Hilariously, the correct value of the DFS is +7 strength. Also, that analogy is deeply flaws for reasons that should be obvious (for a short list- it's a minor stat difference rather than a major one, an honest mistake rather than what seems to be a bold-faced lie, and +8 rather than +7 would be a small bonus when you bought the shield rather than finding out that you wasted your money on crap).

"Suck" is subjective. The shields do offer a substantial amount of defense, and if you've got the 200K tokens lying around, it may be a valid investment for one that wouldn't mind having one. They weren't intended to outclass any of the Spirit Shield sets, and now we have concrete proof as to that they don't.

Naturally I would've hoped that the issue would've been fixed in the KB by now, but it's probably best, next time, if there is an error, to report it and let it be dealt with. Whining about things seldom fixes things.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I have a farkite, and it's really a joke soaking wise- even worse than you guys think.

On top of this, I'm sick of how stupid JaGeX is in general

Their QA department is even worse. This game is bugged beyond repair, every update is full of bugs (except those by Mod Ash lol).

"Bugged beyond repair" implies that the game can't even be compiled, let alone played. Thought I'd point that out.

No, could just mean a bug that they can't easily fix. whatever, semantics.

"Suck" is subjective. The shields do offer a substantial amount of defense, and if you've got the 200K tokens lying around, it may be a valid investment for one that wouldn't mind having one. They weren't intended to outclass any of the Spirit Shield sets, and now we have concrete proof as to that they don't.

Naturally I would've hoped that the issue would've been fixed in the KB by now, but it's probably best, next time, if there is an error, to report it and let it be dealt with. Whining about things seldom fixes things.

No. They were most likely meant to outclass SS's (exlcuding div/ely), since they were added to REBALANCE PVP (chaotic weapons are really powerful). Jagex probably failed to do the math to realize that the shields barely soak ANY damage. now we have a PVP system which is basically broken in how powerful chaotics are.

Jagex does NOT respond to reports (at least within a reasonable timeframe). There are SO many instances of this. i dont expect jagex to respond to my whining, but it still makes me feel better. if jagex showed that they actually responded to reports id be much more inclined to do so. they are simply FAIL at quality assurance / quality control

sigcopyaf.png

by the sound of it, thay should simply remove the shields and get new ones.

it probably would be best to get rid of the efect it does, and make it just take 40lp of its strong class and 20 lp of its own class.

so chaotic shield hit with an arrow that would of done 100 damage hits 60 insted.

but stop its charge draining faster when soaking damage.

still sucks but obviusly does and maybe less so.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!