9-Nov-2010 - Bank Op and Equip Screen Update (BOAESU)

Pirkka

FKS is in NO way better than arcane. Even then +20 crush defense is worth more than the damage soak. Let alone the -15 loss in range defense and -3 loss in magic attack. Arcane totally outclasses FKS.

YES way....

Arcane shield advantages aren't great:

+3 magic attack (not very meaningful if you wear proper mage gear)

+20 crush defense (who cares if your maging somebody with a cmaul your gonna flip sol special anyway and thats about the only weapon people use with crush that is tier 1)

+3 prayer (I doubt you would notice it unless that the only prayer bonus you have)

0 range penalty (you range with it? why its for maging? Much better shields for that)

Arcane shields disadvantages are very significant:

No damage soak (this is significant because it stops the big hit ko's, I can't ever remember being koed on hit more than 200, probably because they coded it up wrong and apply the damage soak before figuring out if your dead or not)

worth 67mil more (huge waste of time making the money to buy or getting on a drop, 4mil/gp an hr is a myth)

I laughed. That's a good joke man

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FKS is in NO way better than arcane. Even then +20 crush defense is worth more than the damage soak. Let alone the -15 loss in range defense and -3 loss in magic attack. Arcane totally outclasses FKS.

YES way....

+20 crush defense (who cares if your maging somebody with a cmaul your gonna flip sol special anyway and thats about the only weapon people use with crush that is tier 1)

+3 prayer (I doubt you would notice it unless that the only prayer bonus you have)

0 range penalty (you range with it? why its for maging? Much better shields for that)

No damage soak (this is significant because it stops the big hit ko's, I can't ever remember being koed on hit more than 200, probably because they coded it up wrong and apply the damage soak before figuring out if your dead or not)

worth 67mil more (huge waste of time making the money to buy or getting on a drop, 4mil/gp an hr is a myth)

^ Exactly.

1. Your point about cost is absolutely wrong. You act as if Arcane's are 67m, and FSK's are free. WRONG. Learn how opportunity cost works. Even if you do consider FSK "free," it's tokens that could be used on other things. You can sell an Arcane back, you can't get a refund on your DG tokens.

2. Nobody uses SoL spec LOL. If you're a proper brid, you bring a spec weapon, claws/dds at least. People fight to kill, not to survive. 4 DDS/2 Claw specs go a lot further than blocking half a maul hit for 60 seconds in a fight. When people realise their melee attacks are halved, they will switch. That's what brids do. SWITCH. The only time I could see using a SoL special is when you are only maging. And nobody does that...It's too easily defended against. D'hide + magic protect, and your "only mage" setup just hit a brick wall.

3. As stated by people before, the soaks are barely noticeable. What difference does it make if you get hit a 500 or a 482(forget the actual value, but it was around this)? Either way, if your lp is that low, you're DEAD regardless.

Try taking a trip outside of Soul Wars once in a while, things are a lot different in BH/PvP/Clan Wars.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

@150kxp/hr of dging it'll take around 14 hours to get a FKS that has 2m repair costs

If you try to make money it'll take you 16.75 hours for an arcane that is better and can be sold and re bought whenever wanted + protects on death

What difference does it make if you get hit a 500 or a 482(forget the actual value, but it was around this)? Either way, if your lp is that low, you're DEAD regardless.

458 to be exact, but yeah. Not much.

If you got hit a 970 by Jad, it would be 862 instead if using a farseer kite. People rarely get hit 970 in one hit though.

YES way....

^ Exactly.

1. Your point about cost is absolutely wrong. You act as if Arcane's are 67m, and FSK's are free. WRONG. Learn how opportunity cost works. Even if you do consider FSK "free," it's tokens that could be used on other things. You can sell an Arcane back, you can't get a refund on your DG tokens.

2. Nobody uses SoL spec LOL. If you're a proper brid, you bring a spec weapon, claws/dds at least. People fight to kill, not to survive. 4 DDS/2 Claw specs go a lot further than blocking half a maul hit for 60 seconds in a fight. When people realise their melee attacks are halved, they will switch. That's what brids do. SWITCH. The only time I could see using a SoL special is when you are only maging. And nobody does that...It's too easily defended against. D'hide + magic protect, and your "only mage" setup just hit a brick wall.

3. As stated by people before, the soaks are barely noticeable. What difference does it make if you get hit a 500 or a 482(forget the actual value, but it was around this)? Either way, if your lp is that low, you're DEAD regardless.

Try taking a trip outside of Soul Wars once in a while, things are a lot different in BH/PvP/Clan Wars.

DyingSilent just ripped you to pieces.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

YES way....

^ Exactly.

1. For people who think 67m is a very large sum and is too much for a shield, worrying about other items, refunding and the time taken do not come into account. You forget not everybody does a rotation of money make, buy something, money make, buy something. There are plenty of players out there who want a good shield which they can attain through having fun at no cost. To those who can afford Arcane, the shield may not seem worth it, but it wouldn't. For those who cannot, it is a much better option.

3. The defence bonus of the shield is the main focus of it. The damage soak is an extra onto a shield which starts being very good. Any damage soaking is better than no soak. It is a regular shield with a bonus. NOT a bonus which has a shield attached. Small damage mitigation may not stop you getting Ko'd, but in the long run it can save you supplies.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

What about the large amount of players who don't have access to 4m/hr methods? Wouldn't the update then cater to this player base who don't have the GP methods to obtain a spirit shield, but high enough level to use the items?

If you don't have access to that kind of moneymaking, you probably don't have access to that kind of dungeoneering tokens either. Frost Dragons at 85 dung and whatnot.

There are enough of people with 85 dung that don't have the combat stats to make 4m/hr at frost dragons.

3. The defence bonus of the shield is the main focus of it. The damage soak is an extra onto a shield which starts being very good. Any damage soaking is better than no soak. It is a regular shield with a bonus. NOT a bonus which has a shield attached. Small damage mitigation may not stop you getting Ko'd, but in the long run it can save you supplies.

False, all the damage soaking does is cost more money recharging it, more than making up for whatever supplies you've saved. The recharge costs make it simply not worth using in the long run. There are SO many reasons to save up for a superior-in-every-way arcane that isn't even harder to get than the farseer, rather than spend 200k tokens on this shield and then continue to pour money into it to recharge it. It is not a money saver by any stretch of the imagination.

It's hilarious that people are STILL defending these shields. They're BAD SHIELDS for anyone who can get their hands on them. I've never met ANYONE with a DG shield who actually liked it compared to a spirit shield, nor anyone who didn't have the means to get the corresponding spirit shield. It's ALL bored 100+ DGers who didn't have anything left to spend tokens on and are heavily disappointed in their shields.

That's got to say something about how bad these things are.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Last time I checked, it costs 0 gp to get a farseer shield.

Thats about as free as it gets.

But hey, you work at the frost dragons, right?

You clock in for 8 hours every day?

If you don't feel like playing today you send yourself a bill?

How about that 10 minute break at crapper, yesterday? Got an IOU?

Hey, just remember taking your eyes of RS to look at my post is costing you BIG GP.

You better get back to work and stop posting nonsense. :shame:

Yes, let's all ignore logic, because everyone who can use it is a nolifer who doesn't have fun.

Awesome argument dude. :thumbup:

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

How can anyone argue that the stats lost between Arcane and Farseer isnt significant?

Theyr huuge!

I do alot of wars in Clan wars:

12 less ranged defence is ALOT; especially since the shield is about the only ranged defence you will have while maging.

- Personally, in my maxed mage i have the shield and barrow gloves as only ranged defence (for non-tanking armour)

20 less Crush defence (the other melee stats beeing the same) is also ALOT.

- Maul might be your worst enemy, no matter what style you are using.

3 less mage offence; mage offence beeing THE reason ou have either of these shields

-15 to ranged offence; Arcane is a very good shield for bridding - Farseer isnt

to be fair; Farseer has 3 more maged defence, and every little bit counts.

a 800 claws spec would be (0.86x+28=y (x=original damage; y=damage taken)) 716

Boeg.png

Nope- claws split up into smaller hits so you'd only get to soak off the first hit if that. Remember that it only soaks damage above 200. An 800 claw spec might go to like 780 at the lowest.

Nope- claws split up into smaller hits so you'd only get to soak off the first hit if that. Remember that it only soaks damage above 200. An 800 claw spec might go to like 780 at the lowest.

My bad.

800 claw spec = 0.86(400)+28= 372 + 400(dmg splash "200, 100 and 100" isnt affected ) = 772

My new argument:

700 Maul hit = 0.86(700)+28 = 630

Equation: 0.86x+28=y (x=original damage; y=damage taken)

Boeg.png

Why doesn't someone just make a thread to discuss the dungeoneering shields? This thread turned from discussing the new bank update, to a debate about if the dungeoneering shields suck or not, which is not what this update was about....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

May I apologise for the tone of my last post on this thread? I'm not going to edit it, but I was getting a bit irritated at the atmosphere that was developing here, and I dearly admire what tip.it does, which is why I really don't want it to degenerate into a place where it really isn't worth Jagex's time to read. If they're going to get feedback from anywhere, and unbelievably Jagex do look out for feedback, these threads should be one of the best sources of information.

I get particularly annoyed when I see people declare that they're not renewing their membership or 'quit' because of an update as if they think one lost account that will probably come back later on is going to make a difference to Jagex. All it does is encourage negativity that makes other people just want to complain instead of suggesting what Jagex should have done and could have done better. Quit if you're not happy with the game, fine, but be constructive if you're going to declare it to the masses.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Why doesn't someone just make a thread to discuss the dungeoneering shields? This thread turned from discussing the new bank update, to a debate about if the dungeoneering shields suck or not, which is not what this update was about....

Ok, done

http://forum.tip.it/topic/280508-dungeoneering-shields-discussion/

Boeg.png

Hey, just remember taking your eyes of RS to look at my post is costing you BIG GP.

Bad troll is bad.

But to further destroy your attempts at making any sense whatsoever, the shield is still not free if you have any sense at all (which you probably don't).

If you haven't realised, chaotics when bought come with an initial 20% charge. They DEGRADE, you know that right? And what does it cost to recharge? Not hopes and dreams.....No...This costs MONEY or DG tokens to recharge. 2M gp compared to 200k DG tokens. Either way it's not free. Don't get me wrong, you can pay 200k tokens to recharge your shield (from 0), and save yourself 2m. If you do, that's your own [developmentally delayed]-ed decision. I would much rather spend it on another chaotic/ability.

Therefore no, this is not "about as free as it gets." If you want a free shield, get yourself a wooden shield. Go back to Tutorial Island while you're at it.

So yeah, go ahead and waste your time. No wonder your sig says "I am not Golvellius the efficient," cause you clearly are NOT.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Bad troll is bad.

But to further destroy your attempts at making any sense whatsoever, the shield is still not free if you have any sense at all (which you probably don't).

If you haven't realised, chaotics when bought come with an initial 20% charge. They DEGRADE, you know that right? And what does it cost to recharge? Not hopes and dreams.....No...This costs MONEY or DG tokens to recharge. 2M gp compared to 200k DG tokens. Either way it's not free. Don't get me wrong, you can pay 200k tokens to recharge your shield (from 0), and save yourself 2m. If you do, that's your own [developmentally delayed]-ed decision. I would much rather spend it on another chaotic/ability.

Therefore no, this is not "about as free as it gets." If you want a free shield, get yourself a wooden shield. Go back to Tutorial Island while you're at it.

So yeah, go ahead and waste your time. No wonder your sig says "I am not Golvellius the efficient," cause you clearly are NOT.

Please do any future discussion about these shield on this thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/280508-dungeoneering-shields-discussion/

Selfpromoting ftw (srry).

EDIT: Sorry for wannabemod - just want to make you aware that there is now a perfect place to discuss these shields

Boeg.png

What I'm saying is that I've reported this and many other things through the proper channels and gotten no response.

Jagex don't reply to bug reports.

I've sent many bug reports in and a few even got fixed with the next update, most got fixed at a later time.

This doesn't really add much to the discussion but I felt compelled to relate my experience.

About half a year ago, an update came out with a bug where cows lost their death animation. I sent a bug report. About a day or two later I got a nice short letter from Jagex thanking me for finding the bug and that they were going to fix it. Next week, it was fixed.

This has never happened before nor since for any other bug reports that I have sent. I thought it was kind of cool so I chose not to delete the message. So I logged in just now to take a screenshot of it for you guys only to discover that the message center only saves messages received in the last 3 months. :wall:

So, yeah . . . no pic for you :oops: Sorry about that. I guess I have no proof anymore :(

However I did notice that on the bug report, Jagex states that they are not interested in bugs that are more than 30 days old. What's up with that? You would think that a bug (minor or major) would be worth fixing regardless of when it was discovered or how long it's been in the game (unless perhaps after a period of time/updates Jagex can't fix certain bugs?).

My two cents. If anyone is interested, please report the bug where wearing the mime mask removes your hair (only when you wear it). I used to look like the Joker with my wild spikes and mime mask, but now I look like a bald guy who painted his skull gray under his mask. Let's riot in w66 over it! ;)

However I did notice that on the bug report, Jagex states that they are not interested in bugs that are more than 30 days old. What's up with that? You would think that a bug (minor or major) would be worth fixing regardless of when it was discovered or how long it's been in the game (unless perhaps after a period of time/updates Jagex can't fix certain bugs?).

I know its a bother; but you could go "rediscover" the bug.

The "30-day rule" is probably inplace, so that you wont be reporting a bug that has already been fixed in a secret update.

Boeg.png

Bad troll is bad.

It doesn't cost 200k dg tokens to recharge, it costs 20k tokens and 200k gp, which is not alot. So what if he's not efficient? His decision, not yours. Jeez, not everyone has to kill TDs/frosties to make up for lost time if they buy a dungeoneering shield, seriously...

Staurolite.png

SO, spirit cape? Does it work with healing aura scrolls or only scrolls that do damage or what? And how much does it save.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

SO, spirit cape? Does it work with healing aura scrolls or only scrolls that do damage or what? And how much does it save.

Works with uni, SAtk cost is reduced by 20% so it costs 16 points instead of 20.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Works with uni, SAtk cost is reduced by 20% so it costs 16 points instead of 20.

Theres a topic about this.

so far they've concluded that all combat familiar's scroll's gets that reduction.

..And unicorns.

which means no reduction in yak/fruit bat scrolls for example.

Boeg.png

Theres a topic about this.

so far they've concluded that all combat familiar's scroll's gets that reduction.

..And unicorns.

which means no reduction in yak/fruit bat scrolls for example.

Thanks, you do realize i am the OP of that other post. but i digress.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yes, let's all ignore logic, because everyone who can use it is a nolifer who doesn't have fun.

Awesome argument dude. :thumbup:

Exactly. He's been shown numerous ways to make over 3m gp/hr, and refuses to believe it. He'll only use snide comments, never true logic.

Ignoring the damage absorbtion altogether, CKS has decent melee stats. Tanking bandos in a team, decent. Not sure what else.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]