Weather

The Observer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week we were ambushed by the snow, shutting down schools and the like. This week the snow has gone and it's just wet. Next week we're said to have epic amounts of snow again.

It is pretty inconvenient, but I don't mind snow. I just absolutely despise the ice that comes afterwards.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

We've had snow for the past two weeks. It's probably the worst snow we've had here in a looonngg time. Everything got disrupted.

It's thawing out now though but it's just freezing over so instead of snow, we've got ice which is worse in my book.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The weather here in New Brunswick Canada isn't what it should be. Second windstorm with lots of rain, we never get that, yet a few weeks ago we had a huge rainstorm that dropped up to 321 mm of rain in some parts of the province, causing floods, and now we have another one currently with very high winds and a forecast of 80mm rain where I live, but 130 at some places, and that over 2 days. Oh, and high tides as well I think last week from the ocean, especially at the north, washed out some roads.

Usually at this time of the year we have a few feets of snow.

Aftermath of all that wind and rain: Lots of people without power, up to 173mm of rain at some places, some roads have been washed out, some bridges still underwater. That's really not the temperature we get here in December. Nova Scotia got the worst of it I believe.

+35 in the summer -40 in the winter, Albertan weather.

I love having it nice and hot in the summer, and then cold in the winter. Would be boring to have it one all year, plus the snow makes everything look pretty.

To everyone who is in places like Florida, I'd hate to be there. Especially around Christmas. I was in Jamaica for Christmas last year and it felt so weird not having snow for it that I forgot about it until I saw some poor bastard walking up and down the beach in a Santa suit on Christmas. Definitely would rather be somewhere cold for Christmas, and I don't think I'd mind living somewhere up North if I had to, weather wise anyway

Yea, Christmas without snow is just.... weird. I've lived in Beijing, St.Paul, MN, and Edmonton. There's always snow around Christmas time. Although Beijing was 13 years ago.

Right now there's no snow in Beijing :mellow:

Staurolite.png

+35 in the summer -40 in the winter, Albertan weather.

I love having it nice and hot in the summer, and then cold in the winter. Would be boring to have it one all year, plus the snow makes everything look pretty.

To everyone who is in places like Florida, I'd hate to be there. Especially around Christmas. I was in Jamaica for Christmas last year and it felt so weird not having snow for it that I forgot about it until I saw some poor bastard walking up and down the beach in a Santa suit on Christmas. Definitely would rather be somewhere cold for Christmas, and I don't think I'd mind living somewhere up North if I had to, weather wise anyway

Yea, Christmas without snow is just.... weird. I've lived in Beijing, St.Paul, MN, and Edmonton. There's always snow around Christmas time. Although Beijing was 13 years ago.

Right now there's no snow in Beijing :mellow:

Christmas with snow is just.... like an impossibility or something.

If it started snowing at Christmas, I'd call the apocalypse.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

So it snowed the other week and it stuck for about 5 or 7 days. And I this morning at 5am I went in the kitchen and in the dark through the window I could see the snow :3 Now the pics are a little weirdish colour because I just have a regular digital camera, it was snowing lightly so flash pictures didn't come out great but...Here ya go!

SDC10118.jpg

SDC10120.jpg

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

There's nothing more gorgeous than undisturbed, snowy landscapes.

Right now, it's been two days since its snowed, so we lost a lot of accumulated inches. On the positive side, it's a crystal clear sky, beautiful and moonlit. I adore it...but it's FREAKING WINDY. I can't stand to go outside because the windchill is in the single digits. I guess that's why we have windows.

hzvjpwS.gif

Right now, it's been two days since its snowed, so we lost a lot of accumulated inches. On the positive side, it's a crystal clear sky, beautiful and moonlit. I adore it...but it's FREAKING WINDY. I can't stand to go outside because the windchill is in the single digits. I guess that's why we have windows.

In the single digits? :blink: That ain't cold

yes.png

My hometown in Wisconsin got over 20" of snow about a week ago now. My friends and I are all back for Christmas break and are making a front yard-sized igloo. Pics coming soon........

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

In the single digits? :blink: That ain't cold

Windchill is for me. Harder to protect your face. A calm wind while being that cold? I'm usually fine.

hzvjpwS.gif

^ Eh, bellaclava/toque will keep you warm

My hometown in Wisconsin got over 20" of snow about a week ago now. My friends and I are all back for Christmas break and are making a front yard-sized igloo. Pics coming soon........

Haven't made an igloo for soooo long, if you make it post pics

yes.png

Man you guys are lucky to have so much snow... Here in New Brunswick we're only getting snow now, but it's not even 5 inches high... We did get record rainfalls though, with 173mm or rain here in 24h and in Gaspé, which is north of this province, they had 213mm of rain in 48h, which means lots of flooding and washed out roads, and since we're in Canada they won't be able to fully repair until the winter's over.

Strangely enough we've not had a single bit of snow in Kansas so far.

I will say though, [bleep] the cold. Also I'm probably the only person here who would be fine with there not being snow. Don't get me wrong it looks nice -- at first, than after a few days it's just slush.

Strangely enough we've not had a single bit of snow in Kansas so far.

I will say though, [bleep] the cold. Also I'm probably the only person here who would be fine with there not being snow. Don't get me wrong it looks nice -- at first, than after a few days it's just slush.

Snow in warmish climates = ugly slush.

Snow in colder climates where it stays snow = awesome (except when you start to get the muddy slush build up on the roads)

Heh, many, many decades ago there was a fire of some sort in my city (I can't remember the specifics), and a bunch of horses tried to cross the river. They froze halfway through the river, and they stayed like that all winter. Eventually people would walk down there that winter for strolls among the horse heads and have picnics on them and stuff

mywinnipeg2.jpg

yes.png

Heh, many, many decades ago there was a fire of some sort in my city (I can't remember the specifics), and a bunch of horses tried to cross the river. They froze halfway through the river, and they stayed like that all winter. Eventually people would walk down there that winter for strolls among the horse heads and have picnics on them and stuff

mywinnipeg2.jpg

That's pretty creepy...

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang