Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The return of staking??

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt

I predict low level staking will be dramatically changed by summoning tanks, a level 45 can take out level 70s in one hit.

I'm sure there will be an option to disable summoning.

Actually you have to opt-in summoning, but not hard to whine/pretend you have 16 summoning until they let you turn it on/take in your mascot granite crab :thumbup:
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

glasscube
[ Display Name History ]

glasscube

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Did nobody on this thread actually stake?

Staking was always under the strictest rules possible... often 1-items only, or mage boxing without any equipment.

You never saw people staking with full sets of armor or all types of combat styles allowed

Does that surprise you? Staking is pretty old now.

But yeah, mage boxing was pretty popular especially with the people that staked the high items. I think I remember your mage boxing log?

I remember I was just about finished my mage boxer then Jagex brought into the anti-rwt updates. I was pretty frustrated :(

Posted Image
Help drive change Canada

Hammertime
[ Display Name History ]

Hammertime

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • RSN:Stlouis314
  • RSN2:Corvette ls7
  • Clan:Clanless
I don't know about the rest of the runescape population but staking was my favorite pastime in the world and there will definitely be some fresh meat looking for a quick buck.

I've been spending every waking moment online at damonheim to get a CLS but I will now be saving my tokens for if and when this update occurs to favor the higher DPS of the rapier just in case.

I cannot wait to see the outcome!
Posted Image

JeremyM
[ Display Name History ]

JeremyM

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 959 posts

Did nobody on this thread actually stake?

Staking was always under the strictest rules possible... often 1-items only, or mage boxing without any equipment.

You never saw people staking with full sets of armor or all types of combat styles allowed

I'm wondering the same thing. Just set the rules to your liking and you'll be fine.

Posted Image

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

JeremyM
[ Display Name History ]

JeremyM

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 959 posts

What accounts do you guys would be good to make? I was thinking of just making another range staker (1 everything with 61 range - made a lot with this back in the day, leveled it from 61-80 through staking haha). Or maybe i'll try staking on my main with 99 melee stats.

Um ... not that it matters ... but wouldn't it be better to level the magic up to (I'm not sure) 60 (with binds and stuff, so you wont increase the HP) ... you'll have better defense against magers :?

All low level pure accounts are made useless by summoning tanks, doesn't matter if you can darkbow a 8-8 iron titan will hit 690 on you.
Maulers... gl with 1 attack

I predict low level staking will be dramatically changed by summoning tanks, a level 45 can take out level 70s in one hit.

Don't really need mage defense if I'm not going to be mage staking? And who on earth would stake with summoning on? :S

Posted Image

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

What accounts do you guys would be good to make? I was thinking of just making another range staker (1 everything with 61 range - made a lot with this back in the day, leveled it from 61-80 through staking haha). Or maybe i'll try staking on my main with 99 melee stats.

Um ... not that it matters ... but wouldn't it be better to level the magic up to (I'm not sure) 60 (with binds and stuff, so you wont increase the HP) ... you'll have better defense against magers :?

All low level pure accounts are made useless by summoning tanks, doesn't matter if you can darkbow a 8-8 iron titan will hit 690 on you.
Maulers... gl with 1 attack

Don't really need mage defense if I'm not going to be mage staking? And who on earth would stake with summoning on? :S

While agree summoning will probably be a standard when staking comes back, the summoning rule IS slightly out of view, and could be very easy to sneak on.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
No professional staker will allow summoning...

Summoning would only be used for the low lvl noob staker accounts, which never made big stakes unless they could get high lvls to multiply their bets

77yLQy8.png

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
yea, all the high level "pro" stakers will still do their mage boxing, no armor dds/claw fights, but low level stakers aren't as careful, and summoning will happen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
I would strongly avoid staking, there are so many bugs around now..

Logdotzip
[ Display Name History ]

Logdotzip

THAT ONE CLIMBING BOOTS GUY

• Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Logdotzip
Staking is going to be f***** due to accounts with hacked crazy stats due to being reset for purposefully botting.

Going to see some interesting staker builds if they utilize stat resets

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RSN:wioneo

I hope staking comes back; all the gear I've been wanting for safe PVP would be great there :D

As for corp and barrage.... Jagex will screw this up royally if they don't keep some non old wilderness worlds around. The corp cave itself should be safe, but imagine going there, doing the quest, clues, etc.

I'm all for the wilderness and free trade, but not at the cost of revenants and the GE.

You like revenants?
Fascinating...

Are there others like you?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

rocko510
[ Display Name History ]

rocko510

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Rocko510

I hope staking comes back; all the gear I've been wanting for safe PVP would be great there :D

As for corp and barrage.... Jagex will screw this up royally if they don't keep some non old wilderness worlds around. The corp cave itself should be safe, but imagine going there, doing the quest, clues, etc.

I'm all for the wilderness and free trade, but not at the cost of revenants and the GE.

You like revenants?
Fascinating...

lmao, revs are so pointless.

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|
Quest Cape Since April 2011

JeremyM
[ Display Name History ]

JeremyM

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 959 posts

I would strongly avoid staking, there are so many bugs around now..

Yeah, I bet some people are gonna lose a lot of mill's due to bugs during the beginning of it. I knew a bug that was never patched during all of staking.

Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

You like revenants?
Fascinating...

I like revenants, they're fun to kill while doing clue scrolls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

x_no_limtz_x
[ Display Name History ]

x_no_limtz_x

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
i dont know about you guys but when i staked which was between 2002-2004ish

all high lvl stakes were box fights no{running, magic,prayer, food etc] fight to the death with your hands.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
I might actually try staking if it comes back full force. Always was a group PKer myself, just never really did the one on one stuff.

j0xPu5R.png

manitstinks
[ Display Name History ]

manitstinks

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,413 posts
  • RSN:manitstinks
I bet my blue phat (as soon as I get one) that when you win, you happen to not receive the loot and the loot dissapears forever. Then some kids would cry to Jagex that money has been taken out of the game.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

i_trollz_u
[ Display Name History ]

i_trollz_u

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • RSN:i_trollz_u

I bet my blue phat (as soon as I get one) that when you win, you happen to not receive the loot and the loot dissapears forever. Then some kids would cry to Jagex that money has been taken out of the game.

wut

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

You like revenants?
Fascinating...

lmao, revs are so pointless.

Well, actually, I didn't feel like being precise. I don't like Revs so much as what they represent - a wilderness that's a hell of a lot safer then one with barragers that have claws. I like being able to do clues without a large fear of being PK'ed. I like running around the wilde without fear of dying basically, because Revs are such a pushover compared to actually PKers.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Magbill
[ Display Name History ]

Magbill

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:I fart V2
I hope staking returns to what it used to be, i may even make a staking account if it does.
Also revs are more like a minor annoyance, all they really do to me is poison and teleblock me. If they don't bring this update in they should buff up revs and their drops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users