Life in the NEW RuneScape

Trill

As most of you know, it seems that Jagex is bringing back the good ol' days of RuneScape. FINALLY, after years of begging, we get what we wanted and FINALLY, for the first time in years, Jagex has started to listen to their players and therefor are becoming a better company.

This thread isn't to summarize the upcoming update, though. This thread is for all of you to share things that will become more difficult or easier in the new (old) RuneScape!

I will be creating a list in the following posts of things that will change.

Things that will change in the NEW RuneScape:

- Runecrafting in the abyss

- Green dragon hunting

- The way we buy and sell things

- Law and Air rune running

- World 1/2 trading in Varrock and Falador

- Drop parties

- No more merchanting clans :(

- Partyhats will be buy-able with pure cash

- Staking high amounts of items

Meh.

The original wilderness was a pain in the but, and the original trading system was chaotic, to say the least.

Most of the new(er) skills are, in my opinion, are useless and a waste of time.

Why Jagex has to go backward, instead of trying to innovate new non bug features is beyond me.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Merchanting clans will still exist, as long as the GE still exists. Not nearly as much will change as people think - most trading has been and will be done through the GE.

Merchanting clans won't have nearly as much influence over the market though because the prices will again be fluid. Sure, they can try to buy up the supply of an item but the thing that made GE manipulation work-- price updates being too slow to accommodate sharp changes in demand/supply-- will be fixed by allowing players to set their own prices outside the bounds of the GE's price caps.

td2sig.jpg

Merchanting clans will still exist, as long as the GE still exists. Not nearly as much will change as people think - most trading has been and will be done through the GE.

Merchanting clans won't have nearly as much influence over the market though because the prices will again be fluid. Sure, they can try to buy up the supply of an item but the thing that made GE manipulation work-- price updates being too slow to accommodate sharp changes in demand/supply-- will be fixed by allowing players to set their own prices outside the bounds of the GE's price caps.

They can still buy up items for much but others can still choose to buy at normal price... it doesn't work.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Well 91-99 runecrafting will fly by like it did for people back then.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

They can still buy up items for much but others can still choose to buy at normal price... it doesn't work.

Or they might get even worse. There were no really big merchant clans before the ge. Now there are clans with hundreds of members. If they really wanted, they could just station a member at each trade hot spot in every members world and buy up all of an item. Then sell them at a higher price because no one els would be supplying. And not only that but there would be no actual risk in this type of merchanting because items will have a floor price so they could just sell the item back for what they bought it for.

For instance i could buy up all the p pots in varrock for 8k each. Then turn around and sell them for 10k. If not many people want to buy for the inflated price then i could just go around and sell for 8k again.

People would have to hope that a merchant doesn't get to a seller before they do in order to get pots or be forced to pay the inflated price.

Then if the market compensates and everyone starts selling p pots for 10k ea then they could sell them for 9k and still make a profit.

merchanting might be even more profitable now since you would no longer have to wait for the ge to update before selling. This is of course if enoogh people want to spend all their time at a market.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Well I can't say much but it'll make the wilderness what it was meant to be, for pking and more dangerous, as it should be. GE made life easier by allowing us to just put items up for sale and not having to stand around and shout out our wares or scan for the right sale, removal of price caps will make things easier, we can sell it at prices we want.

The sales system that WoW has would work well ... limited time listings, minimum bid, and buy it now price ... BUT ... That is easy to manipulate also

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Partyhats were always buy-able with cash. Just needed more cash, that's all.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Think they'll take away the buy limits on the GE (i.e. you can only buy 25k logs per 4 hours)? It seems like that would be included in "free trade".

If so, I'll be so rich so fast that i'll be sorry I wasted my time merchanting without them.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

Merchanting will still exist, as it should.

It's MANIPULATION clans that will be wiped from the face of the earth. And with that, I indeed agree it's good riddance.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

As most of you know, it seems that Jagex is bringing back the good ol' days of RuneScape. FINALLY, after years of begging, we get what we wanted and FINALLY, for the first time in years, Jagex has started to listen to their players and therefor are becoming a better company.

That's not a true statement and is a huge exaggeration. Jagex has actually borrowed many ideas from player submissions; we as players rarely notice this because they don't implement suggestions verbatim or even take large chunks. Even further than that, Jagex not only takes players' new content suggestions, but actually base large parts of all their updates and game changes off player opinion. Point is, to say this small poll is the first example of Jagex responding to players' demands and desires is to severely underplay the effort and actions they've actually done towards that end.

That aside, though, I'd love to see the return of Ess Running. Maybe I'll even stop using lamps and such on RC just because it's going to be so easy to train with ess running.

Jagex will add what you would call "Non-Pvp" worlds for you cry babies that say "oh but i won't be able to do clues anymore!!" so quit acting as if this is a horrible idea.

First off, nobody was complaining about that here, but mainly I really doubt that they will add non-pvp worlds.

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

A few things I'm not sure of... moving the chaos tunnels because of pkers. Wherever they move it can't be better than where it was. The run from edgeville was SO convenient! Made Bork, fire giant, and dust devils very quick to get to.

Didn't treasure trails exist before when PVP existed? I'm not entirely sure but I remember always being super nervous going into the wildy to do my clues. Not sure why they would change it now.

A few things to look out for. Green hides and dragon bone prices will sky rocket if pvp is still there! Food will also go up too obviously. If they allow extreme potions herbs will skyrocket again, even though in the past few weeks herbs have been dropping like rocks.

I would like to see Jagex return pure ess and regular ess into ONE ess again. As you may remember they separated them a long time ago because pure essence was targeted by botters and was an easy way for them to profit. However, lately rune crafting profits have seemed to slump. If they revert all of these changes they need to revert the pure and regular essence change to increase profits once again. I can see blood and death and chaos prices going up quite a bit but I assume nature prices will not change as much.

What other changes can we expect? And what other things do we need to make sure Jagex gets right?

I think if they bring back the wilderness we won't be seeing it until March or April. However this would be the PERFECT TIME for Jagex to fix the combat triangle. Or even bring forth the long overdue smithing changes! Maybe add an additional skill/ability such as the ability to imbue armor and weapons.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

Jagex will add what you would call "Non-Pvp" worlds for you cry babies that say "oh but i won't be able to do clues anymore!!" so quit acting as if this is a horrible idea.

First off, nobody was complaining about that here, but mainly I really doubt that they will add non-pvp worlds.

Ya, very unlikely they would add non-pvp worlds. PVP will only be in the wilderness unless they decide to have world wide pvp worlds. If they made non-PVP worlds, people would fill those worlds completely up so there was no risk of going into the wilderness. It would be sad to see the reverants go though, I hope they relocate them somewhere just so we can kill them for fun. Maybe a "PVP training" area.... they already have crap drops, so why not? ... Hmmm...

All those firemaking gloves/agility gloves ect people have... wonder how we will get those now. Would be nice to see skillers get those not PVP based people. I guess they will just be additional items dropped upon kills if somebody was risking a significant amount? Maybe like a reward for a good kill? But then people would just kill each other over and over with friends trying to get gloves ect, as you wouldn't really lose any cash by doing it. Now you at least lose 76k ect. If you were farming for gloves, you would essentially lose nothing if you could stay away from other PKers.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.