How will the players that joined RS after 2008 react to the return of wildy/free trade?

ilovesilvia

Worstcupdate ever = so far

Because of items not leaving the game the prices will drop a lot. It sucks.

OH NO! Hunting bosses won't make as much money as before? :boohoo:

Just because you don't personally enjoy monster hunting as a lucrative activity doesn't mean you should slam other people who do.

I could see a lot of people quitting if all their favorite monsters to hunt became worthless. Like in everything, a balance needs to be found.

Lol. Hypocrite much? So when monster hunting becomes "not worth it", there needs a balance.

But when PKing and Staking, etc. was taken out, it's "adapt or quit"? What?

Or when skillers say that the best way to make money is only 1m/hr, they get "lrn2maxout and kill stuff". Hmmm...

What makes monster hunters so special? And btw, there's a new boss coming out next week :rolleyes:

Staurolite.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And before someone says "dats wut TB iz fer", I'd like to see someone successfully solo hybrid with normal spells.

Sad part is.. it used to be able to be done. TB, Sara Strike+Spite, Entangle and a MSB were all one used to need for successful solo hybriding.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Hi guys!

Just came on to announce that I am offering free item upgrades! Thats right. I will upgrade your adam armor to rune or your rune armor to dragon! FREE OF CHARGE!!

PM Me in-game, name is Fook A Ji ;)

I confirm his services are legit.

So anyone here have phats and want to play the trust game ;)

I have 10k can prove

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Does it matter how they react? Does anyone even care about stupid 08 prods in the first place? Why? I hope they all quit or enjoy a painful experience in the wildy in the new golden age of RS.

I realy hope you are trolling, as someone who started playing towards the start of 2008 I am deeply offended that you think we are stupid.

Because he's right.

Not at all. Without trying to brag, I have a much higher total level and knowledge of RuneScape than most people and almost certainly the moron I was originally responding to. Try to scam or lure me or even give me misleading information and I'll slap your [cabbage].

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

All I can see is the problem of scamming coming back. Currently, scamming is rare due to the trade limit...

Either way, I can see Jagex getting money after this. A lot of players may return to PK again and will have new reasons to play.

Along with this fact, some activities will be more interesting. I just want to see how they combat the bots and RWT.

I also see trading on the GE dying once the message of "System update in 4:59" coming up. When the update comes, the economy would likely just stop for the people playing since they would try to get the most for there items.

All I can see is the problem of scamming coming back. Currently, scamming is rare due to the trade limit...

Either way, I can see Jagex getting money after this. A lot of players may return to PK again and will have new reasons to play.

Along with this fact, some activities will be more interesting. I just want to see how they combat the bots and RWT.

I also see trading on the GE dying once the message of "System update in 4:59" coming up. When the update comes, the economy would likely just stop for the people playing since they would try to get the most for there items.

Yes, GE would die if you assume everyone is a profit maximising sales person and attempts to get the most of their items.

However if that is the case, you can only buy stuffs at max and sell at lowest rather than getting a trade at GE mid now.

Not sure about mech clans, if solo merch is still possible then how would mech clans fail with all those man power and capital?

I dont really know actually ...

its going to be wierd because

they probably dont know what to do

but us who were playing

when wildy and free trade

was available we loved it

and we remember the memories. :D

htiszk.jpg

Harlequin Rules Abstergo!

I think it will be interesting to see what strategies people come up with for summoning. I am F2P luckily and don't worry about that =P.

I think some people from 08+ will be confused when people from 07- try to sell items for what we(me being a before 08er.... when did I start? idk XD like right after classic) think is the right price based on what they were before the GE. One of the main things like this that will effect me is log prices...

I woodcut like crazy back when I played a lot and logs were 30gp each for willows.... I had a good 5k Logs when they changed over in 08 and since then I have brought it up to ~27K Logs...

Without free trade: 405k

With free trade(assuming prices go back to "Normal": 810k

Prices are going to be really messed up for the first month or 2..... or 3 while people try to find the "better" prices.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Freeeddoommm!

I'm guessing quite a lot of people will be scamming/victims of scams. Also, a lot of people will be excited and getting use to old ways, a lot of people won't really care.

I joined after '08. How did they scam people besides 'armor triiming'?

If I may I will refer you to this website

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Scams

There were many scams, such as "buying (item) follow into the wilderness" or "drop party in the wilderness bring your stuff follow me"

sadly players fell for scams like these and will probably fall for it again when free trade and old wilderness returns. gives me a laugh though at people who did fall for it.

I joined after '08. How did they scam people besides 'armor triiming'?

Switching items while trading, telling people to drop items and press alt + f4 to duplicate them, or just anything that involves trading them from you without any guarantee you'll get it back.

Bit of a storm in a teacup if you ask me. Some noobs will get scammed once (or twice maybe) but that's about it. Give it a week or two and they will learn how not to get scammed. Not to mention that whenever you change something in a trade a big EXCLAMATION sign appears, so that makes it even harder to scam noobs.