How will the players that joined RS after 2008 react to the return of wildy/free trade?

ilovesilvia

But that's what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

You're saying that Person A doing immoral action 1 is offset by Person B doing immoral action 2, therefore both actions are relatively moral. Yet if Person A bots and Person B keylogs without them ever interacting with each other, both their actions are immoral again.

Keylogging is presented as both moral and immoral; this is clearly nonsense.

The conclusion is that A and B are not relatable, therefore him botting has no impact on his right to not be keylogged. Hence, someone pickpocketing me in a park doesn't address me shooting them dead in return. PPing is Crime 1, murder is Crime 2, but Crime 1 =/= Crime 2.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

You're saying that Person A doing immoral action 1 is offset by Person B doing immoral action 2, therefore both actions are relatively moral. Yet if Person A bots and Person B keylogs without them ever interacting with each other, both their actions are immoral again.

Keylogging is presented as both moral and immoral; this is clearly nonsense.

The conclusion is that A and B are not relatable, therefore him botting has no impact on his right to not be keylogged. Hence, someone pickpocketing me in a park doesn't address me shooting them dead in return. PPing is Crime 1, murder is Crime 2, but Crime 1 =/= Crime 2.

No you've completely got the wrong end of the stick, it has nothing specifically to do with botters or the culprits. Just how the user gets the keyloggers in the first place, by downloading something dodgy they should have scanned or not downloaded at all. If they got targeted another way then that's different. But when I used to read the rants, they were almost always due to lack of security and basic common sense specially when they didn't have a bank pin and set recovery questions.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Does it matter how they react? Does anyone even care about stupid 08 prods in the first place? Why? I hope they all quit or enjoy a painful experience in the wildy in the new golden age of RS.

God, you are so cool.

Yeah, I know dont need to tell me

NormaIize.png

What I meant was fiddeling with the free trade back before 08, making it disappear was a negative experience for us that had been used to no restrictions.

Fiddeling with free trade now, bringing it back will be a positive experience for them, letting them do something they weren't able to do when they first joined.

Does it matter how they react? Does anyone even care about stupid 08 prods in the first place? Why? I hope they all quit or enjoy a painful experience in the wildy in the new golden age of RS.

I love Runescape kids. I'm glad I don't have to go to RSOF anymore to laugh at them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Runescape kids. I'm glad I don't have to go to RSOF anymore to laugh at them.

:thumbup:

td2sig.jpg

:thumbup:

+1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

wont they all have low as hell summoning? or was free trade taken away after summoning..i forget.

also this means more ppl to go dg with,

Summoning was post-free trade removal.

Don't forget Jagex was dangling Summoning in front of our faces to distract us from the other hand reaching around and removing all of the trade/pvp features.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

This thread is utterly ridiculous and I'll have you know that I don't remember playing much until after the so called 'day runescape died'. I consider myself someone who *properly* started in 08. The whole idea that people who joined after December 07 are either clueless about what Wildy/Free trade will mean is so conceited and pathetic. Yes, there will be some idiots who get scammed but that has NOTHING to do with when they started and a lot more to do with the fact that they're just idiots.

Come at me, then. Show me how I'm going to enjoy a 'painful' existence when I'm fully aware of what the update will entail. Yes, I might not know the nuances such as exactly what the 'trust game' was, but I'm also not an idiot.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

This thread is utterly ridiculous and I'll have you know that I don't remember playing much until after the so called 'day runescape died'. I consider myself someone who *properly* started in 08. The whole idea that people who joined after December 07 are either clueless about what Wildy/Free trade will mean is so conceited and pathetic. Yes, there will be some idiots who get scammed but that has NOTHING to do with when they started and a lot more to do with the fact that they're just idiots.

Come at me, then. Show me how I'm going to enjoy a 'painful' existence when I'm fully aware of what the update will entail. Yes, I might not know the nuances such as exactly what the 'trust game' was, but I'm also not an idiot.

Hey, when free trade comes back I'll trade you my santa for a really good price if you meet me a lil north of edge.

It is actually a lot of us old fogeys just [bleep]ing about how easy the game was for you. We didn't have the GE, and you didn't have the feeling that all of your freedom was taken away. Just think, back when we did quests, we had to go out and make our own dyes and get all of the supplies and crap.... BY HAND! That is why we rage and hate 08 prods.

How would you feel if they took away all chat features or even trading with other players? That is what we felt when we lost free trade.

/rage

You should be directing that at the ones who say bringing back free trade will cause havoc because scammers and RWT will be everywhere. Not the ones who say if someone is dumb enough to get scammed, then they need to learn from it and move on.

Staurolite.png

I joined in Aug 2008 (yea yea I know...flame or whatever) and I voted "Don't mind."

Quite frankly, this will be a win situation for me. On the Rants forum, I had always debated with people saying the wildy/free trade will never come back. If it doesn't come back, I can say I told you so (or maybe not, that would be rude, but I would still think it) = win, and if it DOES come back = win.

I'm ready for the update.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

Well I was never around for the wild and free trade. So I voted no Because I know nothing about it. But I get a kick out of all the scams. I Am looking forward to seeing all the scams out there. Only read a few. But for the most part they look very childish and weak tbh. I Am not in it for free stuff or all this hype about rares and such. Because I was never here for it. I really never new what the hype was about pixel style. But like I said I was never around for it so I just do not get it. I do things the hard way. I wanted bandos gear. So I got my stats up and went and got it. And boy did I get flamed for it. Look at the nub in black d hide lol. But I got it lol. Either way from what I see all the content that I use will be removed from the wild. So no biggie. I hope the people that wanted it back enjoy it. And have fun. Do not forget this is not for the fans. This is to pay for jagex wages. To there people. By the way I have a bronze dagger meet me north of edge. Only 12.2million :rolleyes:

Opthsis.png

I would post my opinion, but considering how many people quote and flame other users for just posting their opinion like in the last thread I was in, I just can't, sorry.

Meh, I'm an 08 prod, you get used to being flammed at. O_o

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

I'll post my opinion (it's a short summary list basically) on the positives and negatives of this update as a pre-2007 that never pked:

Positives:

-No more dealing with manipulation clans, however scammers will exist (both duel arena and trade)

-More excitement wondering around in wild

-No more junk trades

-Runecrafting companies and other resource companies

-Free giveaways to friends and no crowded party rooms

-Gravestones saving me from losing gear while dcing because the stones will stay

-New players in the game

Negatives:

-Scammers/RWT

-Lame and slow way of trading items not sold in the GE through world 2 GE/fally park

-Profits from bossing gone way down

-Pre-2007s complaining about overloads, dungeoneering gear, summoning, the latest gear

-Pre-2007s complaining about movement of many things away from the wild when the update will be introduced, reducing the PKing potential that they want

-Pre-2007s complaining about new untradable gear (newest being ring of vigour) being used in the wild that dead players can reclaim for free

-Pre-2007s complaining about gear that requires 80 defence to wear that is dropped by Nex

-People with name of o0o0o0o0o0 and IlIlIlIlI1 all over the place again

-Glitches

No opinion until Jagex decides on their plan:

-Autoers (still alot before and after 2007)

-Price changes of many items due to the update (onyx changes and other floors and ceilings on items)

-Movement of quests and events in the wild

-Overloads allowed/disallowed in the wild

-Revenants being moved

-How Jagex will finalize coinshare

-And other things

I'd like to see the opinion of a PKer, but this is how I feel about the game.

All this 2008 player stuff should be viewed on an individual base anyway. The gullible ones, like you have in each generation, will be stuck with a problem if they're unfamiliar with the past. They're mostly the ones that already get trapped in pyramid schemes etc these days. But there's no need to call them prods.

All the claims bout how we had it harder is something I disagree with. Games evolve, what seems like a prison to some, is like a liberation to others. Trivial issues made easier I welcome, but I'm not going to rant about it, then I wouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

You still have the Ditch/Wall of Stupidity to protect getting lured, so no moonwalking into the Wildy. Jagex really does block your password. See? ****.

For me, the GE resolved a lot of frustration with scammers. I'd world hop to trade with someone only to find out it was a lurer asking me to meet them at the edgeville trees, or scammers changing items or money at last second during a trade. So there are still a lot of safeguards in place. It doesn't mean people won't be trying, and it doesn't mean people won't get scammed. But the armor trimming and trust trading and such were mostly pulled on brand new players, or extremely gullible players. If you've been playing for 2 years, then hopefully you already know better on a lot of these things.

It will be interesting to see if PKers return to set up ambushes. Dodging ambushes on my way to the abyss always made rcing a lot more interesting. In fact, I practically gave up rcing since then. I don't know if anyone still even uses the abyss, but there are quests that take place in the wildy now, and let's not forget those penguins that like to roam in the Wildy. I can see Pkers camping out on a wildy penguin in world 80.

rssig2.png

All the claims bout how we had it harder is something I disagree with. Games evolve, what seems like a prison to some, is like a liberation to others. Trivial issues made easier I welcome, but I'm not going to rant about it, then I wouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Nobody mentioned anything about the game being harder. It's about making it functional again.

Never mind, but I think players are smart and can adapt to scams. In addition, Jagex will change the game to adapt to scams that are difficult to avoid.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit