How will the players that joined RS after 2008 react to the return of wildy/free trade?

ilovesilvia

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't going to know what hit them, they will have no idea how its going to be. And I agree with dragon, many are going to get scammed for their items, for example the "Here take this noted item and keep your whip on you" I think it used to be done with mystic bodies or something :o

Talal28.png

In most cases you're pretty silly if you get scammed. :l People should just be more wary once free trade comes out.

Also, I joined only a couple of years ago too but I'm willing to try and I'll just adapt no matter what. :P If I get scammed, I'll learn a lesson.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

I think they just need someone to teach them the ins and outs of the system...

Add me if you want any help I'll even help you play the trust game where you can win 15m from me! :thumbsup:

Haha i almost forgot about the trust game XD. I remember you couldn't go into any f2p world on lumby without people trying to do the trust game.

Talal28.png

I said this in a previous thread, but I'll say it again. Those that weren't a part of the game before they were removed won't have any idea what to expect, a bit of a culture shock if you will. I won't lie to you, I've become used to the GE for most of my purchases and such. Sure it'll still be there, but it will work differently.

j0xPu5R.png

I joined about a year before the wildy update, so I won't be getting scammed :shades:

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Some will rage quit. Some will think it's stupid. Some might like it. I know one guy who thinks hackers will hack more people for some crazy reason. I really don't care what they think though. If they rage quit good for them.

Some will rage quit. Some will think it's stupid. Some might like it. I know one guy who thinks hackers will hack more people for some crazy reason. I really don't care what they think though. If they rage quit good for them.

Wow, you mean he thinks giving hackers a much larger financial incentive to hack might increase instances of hacking? Lol, what a moron.

But yeah, any players worth keeping are going to adjust and move on. A lot of idiots will probably do a poor job adjusting ("selling green mask!" "I buy 125m meet me edge bridge" "omg a pile of coins on the ground in the wildy! *hops over*), and that is okay. We need some sort of foil for idiots to stop the game from being so damn full of them.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Wow, you mean he thinks giving hackers a much larger financial incentive to hack might increase instances of hacking? Lol, what a moron.

But yeah, any players worth keeping are going to adjust and move on. A lot of idiots will probably do a poor job adjusting ("selling green mask!" "I buy 125m meet me edge bridge" "omg a pile of coins on the ground in the wildy! *hops over*), and that is okay. We need some sort of foil for idiots to stop the game from being so damn full of them.

That's exactly what he thinks actually. We've been trying to convince him that that is the stupidest thing we've ever heard. But he has made up his mind that he is right.

Who cares? I don't. I hope they quit, stupid 08 prods.

because someone joined in 08 then own you in pking because of your inability to keep up with a changing game they are somehow stupid?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I think that if you have been playing since 2008, you should probably have a good feel for the game already and are experienced enough to know how not to get scammed etc. even with free trade. Others such as players joining within the past few months, might not be so lucky.

wessan.png

It'll be interesting to see if Jagex change it if loads of people complain.

Except they didn't change it the first time because people were complaining, they changed it because the banks were fining them over the constant reversal of charges stemming from real world traders using stolen credit cards to pay for membership.

I'm hoping that Barrows equipment goes down in price again. Most of the armors more than doubled in the past two years.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'd say they would either beg for money, scam, be good little boys/girls and be happy or rwt.

By the way, I don't get it.

Why did rwt sites use stolen credit cards for their bots.

I mean, wouldn't they make enough money to just pay membership by themself?

If some one told you that you could make money and pay for the production cost yourself, that would be a good option.

If someone told you that you could make the same money + the production cost by having someone else pay for it, that would be a better option, in the eyes of a thief who is already breaking the rules.

wessan.png

I joined RS in the September of 08... Basically I don't care. I voted no because all I've known is this "new wildy" and it works perfectly fine for me. When they bring back old I'll just stay out the way and I'll keep using whatever grandexchange is there.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D