Rise in bone prices?

dragon246665

Its really hard to say what will exactly happen. with the price to pay anything for dbones or better the cost can definitely rise if the demand for the new prayers increase. The bots however are still here and honestly have never left, with jagex declaring free trade "might" come back they returned with huge numbers and I expect rich players to just buy the bones they need to get the prayer they want.

New bosses and updates just make it exactly hard to predict what will happen since these updates didnt affect how we played before the wildy was removed and old players returning might also have an impact on the market if free trade returns.

Link2fast.png

mybbsig.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jagex's bot detection system is as good as they say it is, we'll see less of an impact from bots into the economy. So, depending on the demand for Prayer (it might go up in the future because of the new God Wars updates), it will probably go up. Not really good news for me considering I planned on training my Prayer up to a decent level this year.

j0xPu5R.png

I could see atleast some green dragons being relocated some say "oh but they were in old wild" yes it is true, but there was a poll shortly before wild went where it was like 98% people voted saying they HATED having to go into the wildy for non-pking activites.

J mods have confirmed loads of stuff is being moved to keep in-line with this and areas of widly being re-mapped etc. So its not a huge leap to see them relocating one of the busiest monsters in-game to a non-wildy location (not all of them obv) so as to avoid mass rants of omg cant kill green drags nemore i quit etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I could see atleast some green dragons being relocated some say "oh but they were in old wild" yes it is true, but there was a poll shortly before wild went where it was like 98% people voted saying they HATED having to go into the wildy for non-pking activites.

J mods have confirmed loads of stuff is being moved to keep in-line with this and areas of widly being re-mapped etc. So its not a huge leap to see them relocating one of the busiest monsters in-game to a non-wildy location (not all of them obv) so as to avoid mass rants of omg cant kill green drags nemore i quit etc.

For this, I suspect some sort of new ct.

But it still stands that there should be some sort of challenge or difficulty to access this dungeon or labyrinth or whatever it'll end up being.

It was a challenge in the old wilderness.

discoshazamsig-1.png

im pretty sure d bones only rose to 2k after the removal and they went up to 4-5k because of double xp weekends :roll:

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

im pretty sure d bones only rose to 2k after the removal and they went up to 4-5k because of double xp weekends :roll:

Anyone buying up bones for double xp weekends is wasting a large amount of money, since gilded altars and the ectofungus don't give bonus xp. Turmoil (and ancient curses in general) boosted bone demand, since for the first time it was worthwhile to train prayer past 70.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I'm pretty sure they went from 1800 ish to 2200 ish as a result of a QandA where MMG mentioned a future prayer update, followed by inflation because of PVP statuettes, etc. (3500 - 4200), followed by the actual update to prayer (4200 - 4800). They rose again when Double XP was mentioned (5200), and dropped back down when it was said it would be better to just do altars as normal, but they didn't drop back down completely to what they were Pre XP weekend announcement. (4900) Been a steady drop since. Those are all estimated btw.

I think the problem with the speculation is that the wilderness coming back could go two ways, bot wise.

Bots will return to the wild to kill the dragons, but whether or not that will severely affect bone prices is yet to be determined, because there's already bots everywhere in the wilderness / chaos tunnels. MORE bots may come, but now there's Green Dragon Pkers to worry about, and most Pkers I know won't bother banking for the Dragon Bones. So more bots, yes, more effective, maybe not.

And then, like everyone else is saying, general demand for dragon bones will increase as old Pkers with 70 / current players who didn't care enough before will be wanting Turmoil.

Then there's general deflation when statuettes are removed.

My personal opinion is that prices will for the most part stay the same, IE, gradually drop very slowly until they get TOO low.

the wild became less dengours/free trade gone.

killing green drags became easier, but not by much. it has little efect on green dragon botters.

nearly no efect on bone price.

prayer update comes.

the new curse book, with its totalypwnage prayers comes out and every high level player is instantly like "OMFG want!"

bones rise like mad and stay.

(i got this nagging fealing im missing something from around this time, idk what)

dubble xp weekend.

sucks for anyone that did buy dragon bones for the xp weekend.

little, if any, efect on price. and even then only short term.

i might be wrong, but thats what i think is the truth.

although xp weekend might of changed big bone price as thats what f2p use.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Unless more dragons are added, I don't see them falling. Majority of the current dragon areas are very heavily saturated, and with an addition of pkers to the wilderness, these bots could make easy targets (reducing their bone collection rates/hr). It will largely depend on whether or not the new accounts coming in, whether for pking or potential staking will want 70/95 prayer. So many updates can effect this that it's not really worth speculating over. Obviously over time bones will drop, as said, until they either reach a price that is too low and are bought up, or an update causes them to spike.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Not that it really matters, but everyone seems to have forgotten that the initial rise from 2k to 3k was largely due to "offer x" being instated on gilded altars. A small minority disliked the update, as it slowed the process considerably, but for the majority it made the skill a lot less painful and tiresome to train. Hence the rise.

Shortly after this saw the release of the Curses, spurring the price on toward 5k.

im just going to wait and see because there are reasons for it to stay the same, go up, and go down... kinda hard to determine untill it actually happens

indeed, i think this would have little efect on price (maybe even lowwer it a bit) but thats just a guess.

i could rise to 10k a bone for all i know!

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I think Bones will rise, because of people wanting turmoil, and bones maybe a little harder to obtain.

However does anyone think D-Claws, Hand-Cannons will skyrocket due to staking?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I think Bones will rise, because of people wanting turmoil, and bones maybe a little harder to obtain.

most stakers will still stake shields off

O ye dem 2h weps. Can't really think of any good 1h KO weapons. Korasis? Maybe the Chaotic Longsword would be good for 1h staking, lol but wrong thread.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

O ye dem 2h weps. Can't really think of any good 1h KO weapons. Korasis? Maybe the Chaotic Longsword would be good for 1h staking, lol but wrong thread.

Korasi is an insanely good 1h KO weapon.

CLS would be good for armor on, but terrible for armor off.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png