Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dungeoneering Tips and Tricks

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Chat_Central
[ Display Name History ]

Chat_Central

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Nice guide, will help in the future. :)

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
If it's okay with you, I'm going to link to this guide in the DGS thread.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Bassy
[ Display Name History ]

Bassy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bassjason1
  • Clan:Spirit of Saradomin

If it's okay with you, I'm going to link to this guide in the DGS thread.

That's completely fine, I'm honored. :thumbsup:

I'm unsure what to add at this point because there's a point where it gets crowded. But. Nonetheless, I'm considering boss strategies and some links to handy things such as a solver to the runecrafting tile puzzle that a friend found. Keep the feedback coming guys it's really appreciated. :mrgreen:

Bassy
[ Display Name History ]

Bassy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
Did some re-formatting, centered some things to make some sections appear a bit more separate and organized. Also added an argument to the arguments section due to a few recent experiences.

As soon as I start DG'ing hardcore again, I'll start taking pictures for boss strategies. School's been a bit tough time-wise lately.

Ezee
[ Display Name History ]

Ezee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • RSN:Zeei
nice guide m8. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

z0diark
[ Display Name History ]

z0diark

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
A suggestion for the arguments section: While rushing c1s, insist on reading the mysterious chronicles at the end of each floor :P
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
Hey Bassy, just wanted to offer a little critique. ;)

In your rings section, remove any mention of tactician and tank. Keyers should be on offensive rings and should only use gatherer (which is better than tank for keying, by the way) if they don't have a csb/hex. So in conclusion, your rings should look like this:

1. Primary:
-Berserker.
2. Secondary:
- Blazer is better than blitzer from t1 to t9, but blitzer is better raw DPS at t10. However, blazer is better for kiting. Thus, use blitzer, but switch to blazer for dreadnaught.
- Hex users should use sniper. Desperado's effect does not stack with the hex effect on mobs. Furthermore, ammo conservation is an issue for hex users, so the slower fire rate of sniper helps a little. Sniper is also better, tactically, for sniping (no pun I swear) mages in GDs and bad puzzle rooms.

Posted Image

Bassy
[ Display Name History ]

Bassy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
Updated the ring section, merci /obt/ pour les idées.

Honestly I apologize folks, this semester is kicking my rear end. It ends in 3 weeks, so only then will I be able to work on boss strats or new sections. For now, there's just going to be some updates to already-existing stuff. Until then, please keep the feedback coming, I do read it. :shades:

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

In your rings section, remove any mention of tactician and tank. Keyers should be on offensive rings and should only use gatherer (which is better than tank for keying, by the way) if they don't have a csb/hex. So in conclusion, your rings should look like this:

1. Primary:
-Berserker.
2. Secondary:
- Blazer is better than blitzer from t1 to t9, but blitzer is better raw DPS at t10. However, blazer is better for kiting. Thus, use blitzer, but switch to blazer for dreadnaught.
- Hex users should use sniper. Desperado's effect does not stack with the hex effect on mobs. Furthermore, ammo conservation is an issue for hex users, so the slower fire rate of sniper helps a little. Sniper is also better, tactically, for sniping (no pun I swear) mages in GDs and bad puzzle rooms.

To add to the blazer vs blitzer debate: I've seen blazer "speccing" when the normal hit splashed: so it seems that blazer can spec independedly from magic accuracy (where blitzer is affected by accuracy)

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

1. Primary:
-Berserker.
2. Secondary:

To add to the blazer vs blitzer debate: I've seen blazer "speccing" when the normal hit splashed: so it seems that blazer can spec independedly from magic accuracy (where blitzer is affected by accuracy)

Yeah, this is true, which means blazer is also better for necrolord.

Posted Image

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
In short, you should get both of them to t10 eventually, and I'd actually argue it may be worth it to get both of them before t10 berserker. Higher % chances make a bigger difference than a 1% strength bonus at that token cost, especially the 100% chance of faster cast rate with t10 Blitzer.
Posted Image

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
Blazer is pretty rarely used once you have t10 blitzer. Unless you plan to have a surge forever (ie never get a hex), I don't think I'd t10 two magic rings. T9 blazer works fine for the 3-4 times a reset I pull it out.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ddude42
[ Display Name History ]

Ddude42

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • RSN:Sir Ddude
Brilliant guide, exactly what I was looking for since I just started seriously Dungeoneering.
Posted Image

Screamra
[ Display Name History ]

Screamra

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • RSN:Hahascream
  • RSN2:Screamra
You should note...

Denk - Dead End No Key
Dewk - Dead End With Key
HT - Home Teleport

These are all terms that you don't have down and are used in every dungeon, and I know I didn't know what denk meant when I first heard it.

Bassy
[ Display Name History ]

Bassy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts

You should note...

Denk - Dead End With Key
Dewk - Dead End With Key
HT - Home Teleport

These are all terms that you don't have down and are used in every dungeon, and I know I didn't know what denk meant when I first heard it.

Done. Oh the irony of attempting to explain complex subjects only to forget the simple ones. :grin:

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • RSN:Trollgazer
You should really take Tactician out of the list of ring classes. Also Desperado is now the class of choice for Hexhunter users.

Mojo_Monkey
[ Display Name History ]

Mojo_Monkey

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • RSN:Mojo Monkey
  • Clan:PvmDG
I loved the guide, any sugestions on soloing?
Posted Image
Posted Image

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

Just do what you enjoy the most. Xp sucks regardless.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

Do exactly what you do in a team. You're the only player, hence you're the only keyer.

Solo meds are a decent way to practice keying and gating skills.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

1. Primary:
-Berserker.
2. Secondary:

Of course Blazer is still speccing, it's an over time effect.
At T10 blazer, every other hit will deal 50% more damage, over time though. So if you hit a 200, and blazer kicks in, it'll hit 5 individual 20's after that, regardless of future hits.

Blazer specs can also stack, as in, you can get it to spec on the 200, and then it also specs on your next hit, which is say, 150. You will see both 20's, and 15's going off together.
Blitzer suffers if you are not in optimal maging situations, the only situation like that though is NecroLord, because all other situations, if you're still maging....something is wrong with you.

As far as bosses go,
Blazer is better for NecroLord,
Blitzer is better for Hope
I'd rate them even on Dread. I don't find myself running around as much as most people on dread, even when I do run, i still try to maintain my Blitzer speed, because I know he'll soon switch anyways, so you really don't need to run that far. But I know not everyone can judge when to click, to even have Blitzer going at it's optimal speed.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users