4th Binds

TheAncient

why spear? isnt rapier always better for the relevant scenarios

With berserker, rapier is always better for stabbing and slashing than spear. Having a spear in addition to any melee weapon sounds really stupid as the whole point of it is to be a good overall weapon without berserker. Pure melee dps would actually be rapier/hood/neck/(brace/boots/gloves).

I mean it's been shown that rapier inaccuracy makes it worse than 2h lol

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

How well does the spear work for people on the bubble, who can't yet get prim 2h, so in comparison to prom 2h and primal baxe?

I mostly key, so the inability to use tank ring would be a con, but it would allow me to roll with gatherer at all times with spear on, cutting down on damage from failed doors.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

How well does the spear work for people on the bubble, who can't yet get prim 2h, so in comparison to prom 2h and primal baxe?

I mostly key, so the inability to use tank ring would be a con, but it would allow me to roll with gatherer at all times with spear on, cutting down on damage from failed doors.

Well first nothing prevents you from keying on Gatherer with a 2h, switching to Berserker if you have to help in combat. I prefer that to binding a battleaxe and using tank. I used a primal battleaxe for 10m exp and a prom 2h for the other 22m and I prefer the 2h by a wide margin. Anyone I've ever dungeoneered with who has gone on to 200m exp used the 2h, in case 32m exp didn't constitute enough experience.

The spear is vastly worse than the 2h because you only need slash and crush to deal with any monster and the loss of 20% strength bonus is just too high (the spear is only better than the 2h without Berserker on a few targets anyway). The only time I would consider using it is if I had a hexhunter bow and wanted to keep a range ring on the entire dungeon, but I would still prefer to switch rings and keep my 2h.

2496 Completionist

With berserker, rapier is always better for stabbing and slashing than spear. Having a spear in addition to any melee weapon sounds really stupid as the whole point of it is to be a good overall weapon without berserker. Pure melee dps would actually be rapier/hood/neck/(brace/boots/gloves).

Even with the addition of bloodneck + Gold precision [Flameburst]?

ZMFg2.jpg

Even with the addition of bloodneck + Gold precision [Flameburst]?

I could do that calculation but i'll bet you good money that it doesnt make a difference

(also, gold precision and flameburst are a lot worse than gaunts/boots)

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

For me, I get hit a lot considering I;m only 88 Defence so I would bind some Gorgo Platelegs

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I plan on getting emp fire staff until I can get hex.

The thing with celestial is that making runes is a pain and you can't really do it at the beginning, with fire staff you can start off maging without having to wait for coin drops.

The thing with celestial is that making runes is a pain and you can't really do it at the beginning, with fire staff you can start off maging without having to wait for coin drops.

the thing with celestial cat staff is that it's 286 max hit for air surge with celestial cat

vs 308 max hit for fire surge with emp fire.

The difference is ultimately 1.077x higher.

The thing is if you use a celestial cat, you don't go out of your way to make fire runes.

7.7% isn't huge.

but if there is down time, make a few fire runes on an RC altar you find while GDing.

Monsters will drop water/earth/fire runes you can utilize as well.

10 fire surges with emp fire staff is 3080 max damage

7 air surges and 3 fire surges with celestial cat staff is 3094 max damage.

That's how I like to think of it.

You only need enough down time/fire rune drops to fire surge 3 out of every 10 magic spells.

In order to justify a celestial cat staff over an emp fire.

celestial cat is also better on runebound since airsurge is lower mage lvl to fire.

Naaxi.png

the thing with celestial cat staff is that it's 286 max hit for air surge with celestial cat

vs 308 max hit for fire surge with emp fire.

The difference is ultimately 1.077x higher.

The thing is if you use a celestial cat, you don't go out of your way to make fire runes.

7.7% isn't huge.

but if there is down time, make a few fire runes on an RC altar you find while GDing.

Monsters will drop water/earth/fire runes you can utilize as well.

10 fire surges with emp fire staff is 3080 max damage

7 air surges and 3 fire surges with celestial cat staff is 3094 max damage.

That's how I like to think of it.

You only need enough down time/fire rune drops to fire surge 3 out of every 10 magic spells.

In order to justify a celestial cat staff over an emp fire.

celestial cat is also better on runebound since airsurge is lower mage lvl to fire.

^ yeah grimy pretty much just explained the reasoning that i didn't go into deatil on, but we talked about this and agreed on this basic consensus

you can also pick up random runes like water or earth and use those too

sigcopyaf.png

With the way I dung, I'd probably go with platelegs, along with my hood and body I have now, until I found a Hexhunter or blood necklace (but someone on the team I go with already called the first blood neck drop :rolleyes: )

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Since I can't get a primal 2h yet, would any weapon be preferable to the prom 2h I have atm? Was thinking primal baxe perhaps.

prom2h i think is slightly better than prim bax

sigcopyaf.png

yea grimy cat staff is good

1. i think you meant hope, not runebound

2. celestial cat staff gives 20 mage def when u wield it, this is definately valuable, yea fire gives +13 mage def but still a slight increase can help

if you coudl have 2 ammo binds i may actualy bind one, but seeing as i cant bind a surgebox i wont for now

a_final_name.png

HHB>Bloodneck>Primal platelegs>Gold prec bracelet will be my 4th.

Hood and plate are my perm binds, although I'm hesitating on picking spear over baxe...

I've seen a good amount of 120 dungeoneers pick spear over the 2h sword so I'm

assuming it must be really good. Anything else is just fair game.

Spears are horrible..

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I rarely key these days and have 90 range + mage, so I'd go for pure melee dps: hood, p2h, blood neck, gold presicion bracelet. (With 95 att and prom 2h, gold precision will probbaly help me more than gloves/boots)

And for keying, I don't see any reason to bind b axe: simply use tank ring and wield a shield for the whole floor, switching to 2h if you need to fight. Either gath or bserk on quickswitch.

For now my 3 binds are Prime 2h, Hood, and Hex Hunter (Got it 2 days ago and I must say I love it). If a 4th bind was to come out I'd probably get Sag/Primal Body. I'm more used to Primal since I did 60m+ xp using a melee platebody, however now that I have a HHB I should consider the range bonus on Sag. Most likely test out Sag and switch with primal to see which I like better. A 5th bind would probably mean I'd bind a Blood necklace since I have never needed more than a Prom plate to dung before and I doubt I'd need one now. 6th bind probably then Sag/Primal legs depending on my testing. Anything past that I'd need to do some heavy consideration.

120dgl.jpg