New Option: Buy Banned Accounts

stormfire64

I don't think its true.

Off course i might be wrong, But I always hear Jagex say they ban cheaters and do not consider to let them back in.

Well okay, theres cheaters and cheaters. Glitch abusers like uhhmmm [insert name here], yeh its been a few years if that guy still wants to play you wont see me all tight asses flaming Jagex about it. People can change in 2 years, I think it is worth the risk.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god.... The corporate greed of the only-for-profit new Jagex Ltd. really comes through. First we have rollbacks (covered up for a good 3 months as 'bugs') to prevent them bans to increase subscription $ from bots, and now if we really ban you, you can just buy your account back. There is litearlly NO OTHER MMO I know out there that have this kind of ridiculous policy. It is digusting and unethical, and a complete slap in the face for legit players. Bots already rarely get reported, rarely get caught, rarely banned if caught (most get rollback), and now if they actually do get banned they can just fork out more cash buy their account back.

This is the biggest load of rubbish Jagex had ever come with for money; they might as well sell the bots themselves next. I hope whoever came up with this BURN IN HELL for their greed.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Pal2002: Now you see why Zezima and Athymy quit? And that's merely a few of the top names. Many player mods have relinquished their powers over this hidden update. And watch when LogDotZip and Excl return to the game... I can only imagine what NightmareRh will have to say when he discovered the biggest corruption exposure ever.

Tripsis: Not so much they would want to buy back the account if rolled back stats and items. They will DEFINITELY buy a new account STILL leaving Jagex with a lack of funds from the process.

I can't believe they're not reading a damn thing anyone posted on their site or any site for this matter. They haven't answered any posted questions on the forum thread "Ban Appeal Reinstatement" where several Forum and Player mods have already gathered to attempt to back reasons they themselves obviously don't fully understand.

Jagex finally discusses this secret update. Thanks to Mod Mark H. Still no specifics on which rules this works for.

QFC: 250-251-685-62305961

Hi everyone,

As you know, Jagex has a strong track record of dealing with people who cheat whilst playing RuneScape.

We’d much prefer to invest all our efforts in developing the game, adding new and exciting content and supporting our awesome community.

We spend a huge amount of time, effort and money on tackling the cheating issue and the people involved. We and the genuine players are greatly frustrated by the activities of cheaters and the knock on effects it creates.

We don’t think it’s necessarily fair that genuine player’s membership fees have to be used to combat cheating. So why not make the cheaters pay for the trouble they cause instead of legitimate players footing the bill.

In some situations we may now charge cheaters to get their account back.

You can rest assured that this does not give people a license to break the rules. The decision will be entirely at the discretion of Jagex. We may just decide to ban the account without any further options being made available.

If we decide to do anything different to banning, aside from a substantial stinging rollback penalty to XP and wealth, there may now be a real world cost dished out to cheaters.

We will always be on the side of the genuine players who enjoy our game and play fairly. As always legitimate players need not worry, it’s only the cheaters that need to be concerned.

Kind regards,

The RuneScape Team

Apparently it's only cheaters that need to be concerned. Throwing RWT rares and riches back into the mix that have been banned from game doesn't concern any of us unless we're the ones buying/selling the items IRL.

Amusing.

QFC: 129-130-874-62301629

Fake girl has this to add.

I don't agree with this policy, but I must say my greatest concern with this is that it makes me think Jagex may be in financial trouble and is grasping at straws to stay afloat....like bringing back FT, and now pay to play for banned accounts. I hope thats not the case. :|

Tripsis: Not so much they would want to buy back the account if rolled back stats and items. They will DEFINITELY buy a new account STILL leaving Jagex with a lack of funds from the process.

Yeah that's why it depends on the circumstances ;) For instance if you were banned for something other than macroing then you wouldn't have any stats/items rolled back. Or maybe you were only macroing one stat so they'd only reset one stat but leave the rest of your high levels. Totally circumstantial, but it could be one of Jagex's reasons.. who knows :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

All I can say at this point, 9 years into my rs career is ....and very regretfully, that

I CHOSE THE WRONG GAME....

Jagex is seriously becoming the most shameless and greedy gaming company out there who does not care at all for their players. There were quite a few times I could've went to greener pastures, especially to WOW and FF11. Now I see that I clearly made the wrong choice in putting my blind faith in Jagex and trusting that they would not become something as disgusting as this. I should've seen this coming, really.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

if you quit over this, then honestly i'm not sorry to see you leave the game i'm playing

i play this game for fun, and if some low life can rwt or bot or whatever and get away with it (if you can call paying cash, reset stats and wiped banks "getting away with it"), it doesn't affect how much fun i have

imo, your kind, the kind that plays the game for epeen, respect for achievements, etc., are more repulsive to me than rwters.

@bladewing: that's kinda harsh, knocking someone's beliefs just because they're putting up a legitimate arguement. Jagex seems to be at the point now where they'd rather sacrifice a chunk of the older generation if it means bringing in a newer one, and sadly, that's pretty shallow. I'll put it in a different perspective:

Let's imagine jagex as the warden of a jail, and the jail consists of banned accounts. They decide to introduce a new policy that allows lifers to get out of jail. The question is: would you be happy if a child molester lived in your neighborhood? Chances are, most people would say no. Jagex is just introducing another fault which is ultimately gonna push more people away than it'll attract. New idea jagex: if you really want to get attention, then give us that smithing update that we've waited years for.

div>

if you quit over this, then honestly i'm not sorry to see you leave the game i'm playing

i play this game for fun, and if some low life can rwt or bot or whatever and get away with it (if you can call paying cash, reset stats and wiped banks "getting away with it"), it doesn't affect how much fun i have

imo, your kind, the kind that plays the game for epeen, respect for achievements, etc., are more repulsive to me than rwters.

Says the person who have more 99's and xp than I can count....

I don't know how you see that I somehow don't for 'for fun' at all, but I can definitely say I have a stronger sense of justice and fairness than you do.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I wonder if this means Snake Slava (sp?) will get unbanned? (first guy to get 99 Ranged).

he isn't banned lol

when he got banned a long time ago he flew to cambridge with his computer so they could see for themselves if he had used any illegal devices, after that he was unbanned again. :thumbup:

this was back in '02 though and he's not been banned since :wink:

Pal...don't blame bladewing, he's just a douche. Seriously though, if you're so annoyed, buy a wii. The online multiplayer shooting games for it are too fun.

All the posts you've made so far since you arrived have seemed like garbage to me. If you want to post something sensible, you can do it without flaming a regular who knows exactly what he is talking about.

Jagex has always been in it for the money, but doing this just shows how low they stoop.. This doesn't really affect me in anyways, though.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

vapid of any moral fiber or belief.

I remember when cheaters were named and shamed and reputations were ruined (Xxcavalierxx) and you played knowing that your accomplishments were your own and your highscore rank was legit.

I've had friends banned since 2001, some who needed to be and some who got the rough end of the stick. I myself was stat wiped in classic not for cheating - but for ****ing activity. I didn't play long enough because i thought the rs2 release was utter crap - and *i* was punished. I was a second wave PMOD. NO WARNINGS, I played the game right - and still got wiped.

Now botting is an epidemic. RWT is back, hackers are targeting old accounts to sell on the market. Our old friends who have vanished over the years are being virtually raped and sold to the highest bidder.

And now you can buy back your account from jagex?

Jagex. British for money hungry hypocrites with no backbone.

that justs sounds offensive to British people, eg me.

That's because you seemingly fail to understand the context in which his post is written. :mrgreen:

Says the person who have more 99's and xp than I can count....

i know it's hard to count into the double digits, but i think you can do it. what's your point anyway? i have fun playing runescape, so i play it for a long time, so i get a lot of experience?

strawman

What worries me is Jagex could have planned this update all along. They only waited till after free trade was returned as a cushion for the numbers of players that would quit because of this lighter stance on cheaters.

Why does this worry you?

It's playing your cards right seen from a business stance.

Lol...what scares me the most out of all this is the fact that before this, I legitimately wanted to return. Now, with all that is going on, it scares me knowing that I'd be returning to what is, in all sense, 2006. I'm just glad that p2p is optional...

div>

foursideking: Just give it until 2012.

Once they work out the bugs we all could just buy rares from sites, and run the risk of ban. If caught we can buy back those RWT items and the account from Jagex for slightly less than we paid for the rares and all is well.

At least that's the sense Jagex is instilling on their game this month.

About people thinking this is due to some sort of lacked funds on Jagex behalf... let's think about this.

I doubt they have any sort of budget issues being the largest F2P MMORPG in the world. They're 2nd only to World of Warcraft or they'd be the largest P2P MMORPG as well.

They have plenty of money mooched off players to offer free $10000 cash prize to people that do nothing more than pay for membership monthly. We've paid this for the past 7 years and never had a lottery to win $10000 a year. But I still see no need to hand out money for doing nothing at all. Maybe give that $10000 to the Player Moderator of the month that makes the most reports with the least false bans/mutes taking place on their fault. THAT would make this the ultimate policed game in the world.

Does ANYONE ELSE recall a post last year claiming free $10000 to people that pay membership? Who knew that money would come from bots and RWT buying back accounts?

Fook: And when have they been known to play anything right? They failed to advertise RuneFest much and that was a massive money maker for us loyals. They had Mod Andrew post in 2007 claiming botting and RWT is a growing problem that had to be dealt with or the game would fall apart. Then he hands it over to Mod MMG who rolls back everything Andrew ever said.

RWT was majority voted in by bot accounts on F2P with the ability to auto spam votes like they auto spam forums. And claim it a legit vote when it should have been for P2P strictly because bots are less inclined to pay per vote to win their favor. And soon they will accept cash to keep your ban hushed while restoring your items/stats/account.

no discussion will be entered into regarding the status of a returned account.

The offense isn't kept on record. Nobody will know you ever botted or RWT.

Any membership credit that is associated with an account cannot be used to pay for such reinstatement.

They already keep the first payment for membership. They want even more money to pay for the restored account.

Jagex is not obliged to reinstate any accounts.

Not all bans will be offered this. If Jagex is in dire need of funds they will accept more payments.

Any gains or advantages that Jagex considers were made as a result of using macros shall be removed from your account.

Rollbacks are done to bots. But if you RWT you are not only rolledback but you also lose items and get banned. Who's to say it isn't better/cheaper to simply buy a new/better account? Jagex now indirectly encourages this.

adjusted by Jagex to take account of the cheating offence

Adjusted? To what degree? Back to everything 1/1 or only since they're found guilty for botting/RWT?

I do not care about bots and rwters.

I play this game for fun and don't treat it as a competition.

Bots don't ruin the fun because I'm not a low level noob that needs to cut yews or kill green dragons for money.

I do not care about bots and rwters.

I play this game for fun and don't treat it as a competition.

Bots don't ruin the fun because I'm not a low level noob that needs to cut yews or kill green dragons for money.

lol'd hard irl.

If Jagex wants to do this, let 'em. Some money for Jax, and not like we can do anything about it. I wonder how much for unbanned account, lol.

Imo, only high combat level/rich bank/high stats accounts worth paying for.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

As long as they remove everything gained by botters, this is probably not that big a deal..cheaters only lose by losing RL cash and the time they wasted botting. Of course, that's assuming they really do remove EVERYTHING gained by cheaters.

I'm also genuinely curious as to how much...if it's like $500+ i honestly would not mind even if the botter could keep all his stats. Still probably not worth botting for anyone.

That's honestly [developmentally delayed]ed. $500 is a lot of cash to spend on a "banned" account. Due to the fact that they stated "remaining membership can not be used to buy back accounts", I'm assuming the amount is going to be rather small. Likely within the range of $5-$25 dollars.

I let my little cousin play on my account when I quit (back when I started college). He tried to sell the account (sneaky bastard), and it ended up just getting stolen and he received no compensation. I was able to recover the account about 3 years later. It had been banned for macroing (go figure). I would be willing to pay to get it unbanned, if it was in the price range I mentioned. Anything higher, although I could easily afford, is a joke. Like people have said, if someone botted an account and it was banned, and the price to recover was as expensive as you mentioned, the botters would likely just bot a new account.

w4M8t.png

Pal2002: Now you see why Zezima and Athymy quit? And that's merely a few of the top names. Many player mods have relinquished their powers over this hidden update. And watch when LogDotZip and Excl return to the game... I can only imagine what NightmareRh will have to say when he discovered the biggest corruption exposure ever.

I can't believe they're not reading a damn thing anyone posted on their site or any site for this matter. They haven't answered any posted questions on the forum thread "Ban Appeal Reinstatement" where several Forum and Player mods have already gathered to attempt to back reasons they themselves obviously don't fully understand.

Jagex finally discusses this secret update. Thanks to Mod Mark H. Still no specifics on which rules this works for.

QFC: 250-251-685-62305961

Hi everyone,

As you know, Jagex has a strong track record of dealing with people who cheat whilst playing RuneScape.

Wed much prefer to invest all our efforts in developing the game, adding new and exciting content and supporting our awesome community.

We spend a huge amount of time, effort and money on tackling the cheating issue and the people involved. We and the genuine players are greatly frustrated by the activities of cheaters and the knock on effects it creates.

We dont think its necessarily fair that genuine players membership fees have to be used to combat cheating. So why not make the cheaters pay for the trouble they cause instead of legitimate players footing the bill.

In some situations we may now charge cheaters to get their account back.

You can rest assured that this does not give people a license to break the rules. The decision will be entirely at the discretion of Jagex. We may just decide to ban the account without any further options being made available.

If we decide to do anything different to banning, aside from a substantial stinging rollback penalty to XP and wealth, there may now be a real world cost dished out to cheaters.

We will always be on the side of the genuine players who enjoy our game and play fairly. As always legitimate players need not worry, its only the cheaters that need to be concerned.

Kind regards,

The RuneScape Team

Apparently it's only cheaters that need to be concerned. Throwing RWT rares and riches back into the mix that have been banned from game doesn't concern any of us unless we're the ones buying/selling the items IRL.

Amusing.

QFC: 129-130-874-62301629

Fake girl has this to add.

I don't agree with this policy, but I must say my greatest concern with this is that it makes me think Jagex may be in financial trouble and is grasping at straws to stay afloat....like bringing back FT, and now pay to play for banned accounts. I hope thats not the case. :|

With all due respect who gives a [cabbage] what they think and what they do.

People are making out that just because they haven't got banned accounts that they are perfect. Lets get ONE thing straight. People make mistakes. Are you saying no one has said they forgiven you in your entire life span for doing something wrong at any point? The same prinicple applies here and iif people are genuinely sorry, then by all means they should get a second chance.

Just sweep the fact away that it isnt necessary to pay for a second chance. Jagex could just implement more appeals that appear over a certain time span. :roll: Paying isnt necessary. Hell even the deleted membership would pay for the system so its not like that even factors into it.

I say rwters play for respect and epeen as much as the self rightous, Devalues-my-achievmenters so how can you say one is more repulsive then the other when they are really the same animal?

I say you should go buy a movie..instead of pretend to play a game. Maybe you can also steal a BMW in real life and drive around in it pretending your 'the man'.

There is no reason in the world why botted stats should garner any respect.

About the same 'animal' : pedofiles are human-beings like all of us .. still , somehow.. I think they are a lot more repulsive then most..

Pal2002: It isn't you chose the wrong game. It's the wrong game chose you.

I had the same issue in Diablo 2 after playing 1998-2003. They made a poor move and added 200 new items more godly than the ones that took us elders years to earn. So new kids had the SAME drop rate chance as us elders to even become better at the game than us simply because of that. That's when I threw in the towel and came to Runescape.

Been here ever since. Even after the false bans, the ups and downs of kids whining for this or that. I love this game because it is imperfect and incomplete -- just like me.

If the game were finished and nothing left to change to fix. Well, what use would we the testers be for Jagex? They need us much as need them. And by the dumbfounded look on Mod Mark H's face when caught with his pants down during a hidden update to the ban system -- just that much more reason for us NOT to depart.

The intent of this thread was not to shoo users away from the game but rather to open people's eyes and have us all provide a voice for the player base of this game. Let's tell Jagex no more hidden updates, no more closed doors. They have Twitter, Facebook, even YouTube. If they made the effort to even hint to what changes are taking place in the game we live in.. I'm sure it would easily spread from player to player until we were all caught up to speed on the situation and Jagex's Big Plan to rid the game of botters and RWT once and for all.

N64jive: Same concern arises at every forum I've discussed this matter on.

Mod Mark H stated in this thread on February 3rd 2011 the change only applied to bans during or after 2011. None prior.

Bladewing: The stats are wiped. It's evidence items aren't wiped. YouTube name Symtec16 and see what I mean. Kid bots for fire cape. Jagex reset him to combat 4. Kid keeps fire cape @ combat 4.

djpailo: No one stated they are perfect.

I am the user with the most bans and the longest ban and the shortest ban in RuneScape history. (Kire667, 13 perm bans, 2 perm mutes, shortest was 24 hours, longest was 3 years.)

So no. No one claimed perfect. In fact all of us are a little ****** up in some shape or fashion (some worse than others).

Brazz: My point is they shouldn't charge us for an appeal. Extreme offenses of RWT and Bot would NEVER be given another chance if they already got a slap on the wrist with the first few reports and temp bans.

Legit players whom earn stats and don't cheat are far from perfect. We are mature enough and have morals to know that karma is a ***** and will return to bite us in the ass if we cheat the system or go around scamming every person we come across.

I know all the ins and outs of this game. I also memorized every rule to know when I've gone too far over a borderline and I know my rights as a player under their terms of use since 2003.. and oh how many times that AND the rules page have been altered or added upon.

Fact remains. Payment for our right that's already given to us as player is wrong. If they needed extra money all they have to do is match the monthly cost of World of Warcraft. I personally am willing and able to fork over $15 per month. I already pay membership on 2-3 accounts per month due to ADHD and my lack of care to stick with a single stat for too long. And I also enjoy being both a main and a pure --and a clanchat on the side of all that.

ring world: If ever you need another appeal after your final appeal and last chance appeal are exhausted -- head over to the "Account Review" thread posted by Mod Crow since March 2009. They close and re-open that thread from time to time to review a few more accounts and give second chances to everyone (except botters). This is why if you bot never admit to it. You've no idea how many botters come to me on game or YouTube and ask how to get out of ban after they've already been found guilty or openly admitted in chatlog to offense.

If your offense is mere forum ban. Pay for a new account or hop on one with over 350 skill total. Make a reply to Mod Crow's thread. Takes roughly 12-14 days for inbox ON the account name posted for review in the thread.