Just the opposite

Logdotzip

I haven't really felt like playing much lately either, and in fact the only two extended periods I've logged in were to see the new Chaos Elemental and today to do the new quest.

It was probably Nex and the new T8 armors that really sent me down hill, and FT that pretty much ended it for me. I've played for years since, I believe, a few weeks after RS2 was released.

I remember someone saying how 400m for a full armor set was "nothing"... Kinda shocked me, as do these people making 10-20m an hour in FT. Makes me feel like there's no point in trying to make money anymore - Like I'm wasting my time. This of course being coupled with the T8 armor sets going to even higher prices over the trade maximums... There's just no point anymore.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really felt like playing much lately either, and in fact the only two extended periods I've logged in were to see the new Chaos Elemental and today to do the new quest.

It was probably Nex and the new T8 armors that really sent me down hill, and FT that pretty much ended it for me. I've played for years since, I believe, a few weeks after RS2 was released.

I remember someone saying how 400m for a full armor set was "nothing"... Kinda shocked me, as do these people making 10-20m an hour in FT. Makes me feel like there's no point in trying to make money anymore - Like I'm wasting my time. This of course being coupled with the T8 armor sets going to even higher prices over the trade maximums... There's just no point anymore.

Just run into wildy with no gear on. It's the answer to your problems, friend. (suicide)

:mrgreen:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I'll dig myself down in Dungeoneering and hope the overworld is there when I get back.

I'm doing the same thing. :thumbup: I've never really followed the market, so it's nice that I got into DG just before free trade came out, 'cause I don't feel at all compelled to bother with anything in the overworld.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

"I'm not blaming free trade."

"Does anyone else feel discouraged because of free trade?"

Stop lying, you are quite obviously blaming free trade.

Here we have a perfect specimen of someone incapable of reading or of comprehension. Go take a second look at everything in the initial post, then head on back

Wait I don't get this.... so you acknowledge its your own fault you staked your bank, but you say free trade made you this way and so magically you can't make money anymore? Last I checked, Corp only takes around 30m in equipment + a BGS lend to start making a solid 2-3m/hr. Bandos team just needs ags lend with around 10m in equipments to start making 1-2m/hr. Frosts can make 4m/hr. If you don't feel those are worth your while now then don't do them and really quit rs because you lost your motivation. Don't try to justify yourself by saying everyone else can make more money now so you can't play anymore.

In case you pull the omg you didn't read your post argument. I'll take this time to completely dissect your post for you.

Paragraph 1 - I'm ok with you up to this point. At least you're still admitting it was your mistake for staking your bank.

Paragraph 2 - "Why even bother? Why slave away clicking endlessly, actually putting effort into something, only to make 1/100th of some lucky guy in three times the time it took him. It leaves me in a bad spot." Then stop playing. Don't blame your own inability to be successful on other people's success. That's like saying "Bill Gates and Steve Jobs sucks because they can make money faster than I can"

Paragraph 3 - "All the people getting lucky or getting hookups. We have the stakers potentially making millions, and while most will lose it again, some are smart and bank it away slowly." Friends gift stuff to each other. Its polite and if I feel like giving my friend an AGS then I'm allowed to do so. As for stakers making millions, most stakers I've seen quit and stop playing because they lose their bank. It's only the 1/10 stakers that actually make bank. Then there's the responsible ones who won't stake more than 50m a day because they know the risk. I could care less what other people's luck can get them because it does not affect MY game play. I play this game for fun and not so I can be an attention hog yelling out to the world saying LOOK AT ME! All this showed me is your jealousy at other people's success once again.

"We have the Runescape YouTube heroes taking money off their fanboys or whatever you prefer calling them, for nothing" - Its their fanboy's choice to give items to some successful video maker items. If you feel your fanboys aren't dedicated enough because the last good vid you made was the climbing boot vid and that you milked that for all its worth then make another vid about the Jagex conspiracy in staking.

-Something about merchants flipping items that I don't care about-

" I am none of those three things." - So? Just because now people can make money (Or more often lose money) Staking, pking, merching, etc doesn't mean your old money making methods don't work anymore.

"Knowing this, I find it really hard to get myself back to actual moneymaking grinds, and profiting paltry amounts in contrast to the above three." - I'm sorry, did I already tell you to quit?

Everything else - If you feel this strongly, quit rs. Or you can do a We Pay We Say/PayToNotPK campaign, wait 3 years, wait till the referendum to remove free trade is out, then click on that bright yellow YES button.

---------------------

Do not say you're not blaming FT. You said multiple times that FT Has taken away your want to continue playing this game. Quit or suck it up and start rebuilding.

"All in all it has ruined my enjoyment on the game"

"I would have never imagined this would be the thing to ruin my love for it."

"I find it really hard to get myself back to actual moneymaking grinds"

120dgl.jpg

Wait I don't get this.... so you acknowledge its your own fault you staked your bank, but you say free trade made you this way and so magically you can't make money anymore? Last I checked, Corp only takes around 30m in equipment + a BGS lend to start making a solid 2-3m/hr. Bandos team just needs ags lend with around 10m in equipments to start making 1-2m/hr. Frosts can make 4m/hr. If you don't feel those are worth your while now then don't do them and really quit rs because you lost your motivation. Don't try to justify yourself by saying everyone else can make more money now so you can't play anymore.

In case you pull the omg you didn't read your post argument. I'll take this time to completely dissect your post for you.

Paragraph 1 - I'm ok with you up to this point. At least you're still admitting it was your mistake for staking your bank.

Paragraph 2 - "Why even bother? Why slave away clicking endlessly, actually putting effort into something, only to make 1/100th of some lucky guy in three times the time it took him. It leaves me in a bad spot." Then stop playing. Don't blame your own inability to be successful on other people's success. That's like saying "Bill Gates and Steve Jobs sucks because they can make money faster than I can"

Paragraph 3 - "All the people getting lucky or getting hookups. We have the stakers potentially making millions, and while most will lose it again, some are smart and bank it away slowly." Friends gift stuff to each other. Its polite and if I feel like giving my friend an AGS then I'm allowed to do so. As for stakers making millions, most stakers I've seen quit and stop playing because they lose their bank. It's only the 1/10 stakers that actually make bank. Then there's the responsible ones who won't stake more than 50m a day because they know the risk. I could care less what other people's luck can get them because it does not affect MY game play. I play this game for fun and not so I can be an attention hog yelling out to the world saying LOOK AT ME! All this showed me is your jealousy at other people's success once again.

"We have the Runescape YouTube heroes taking money off their fanboys or whatever you prefer calling them, for nothing" - Its their fanboy's choice to give items to some successful video maker items. If you feel your fanboys aren't dedicated enough because the last good vid you made was the climbing boot vid and that you milked that for all its worth then make another vid about the Jagex conspiracy in staking.

-Something about merchants flipping items that I don't care about-

" I am none of those three things." - So? Just because now people can make money (Or more often lose money) Staking, pking, merching, etc doesn't mean your old money making methods don't work anymore.

"Knowing this, I find it really hard to get myself back to actual moneymaking grinds, and profiting paltry amounts in contrast to the above three." - I'm sorry, did I already tell you to quit?

Everything else - If you feel this strongly, quit rs. Or you can do a We Pay We Say/PayToNotPK campaign, wait 3 years, wait till the referendum to remove free trade is out, then click on that bright yellow YES button.

---------------------

Do not say you're not blaming FT. You said multiple times that FT Has taken away your want to continue playing this game. Quit or suck it up and start rebuilding.

"All in all it has ruined my enjoyment on the game"

"I would have never imagined this would be the thing to ruin my love for it."

"I find it really hard to get myself back to actual moneymaking grinds"

Ah I see, so there is no hope for either of you to understand what I am trying to say. Read the spoiler in the initial post so you can have some form of an inkling as to what I am trying to say here. Otherwise, I'm not going to waste any further time typing up responses to you that you obviously don't comprehend.

Anyways

I haven't read any of the Bs that people posted about your thread. But I completely see what you are saying. Im not just saying that because I am poor, and have always been, but its because I really dont understand why I must work at frost dragons myself, getting 2-3m an hour, just to know that some nobody is making 15x that, in much shorter amount of time, by unfair luck... I just can't even be bothered to try anymore, but yet whenever I try to duel, with the same stats as anybody else, it just doesnt work...I honestly can't even lift a finger anymore just to click alot of dragons, potions and what not.

I haven't read any of the Bs that people posted about your thread. But I completely see what you are saying. Im not just saying that because I am poor, and have always been, but its because I really dont understand why I must work at frost dragons myself, getting 2-3m an hour, just to know that some nobody is making 15x that, in much shorter amount of time, by unfair luck... I just can't even be bothered to try anymore, but yet whenever I try to duel, with the same stats as anybody else, it just doesnt work...I honestly can't even lift a finger anymore just to click alot of dragons, potions and what not.

Want to know my luck? My Bandos Hilt drop rate is 1/1032, my BCP/Tasset drop rate is 1/632, my Arma Hilt drop rate is 1/1392, my Sara Hilt drop rate is 1/742, Divine Sigil is 3 in 12k kills, Ely 3 in 12k, 5 Arcane and 6 Spectrals in 12k kills. I got my first shadow hood in dung at 102 dung. I never had a visage drop in 20k Frost kills and 99 slayer. I've gotten 1 SOL out of around 2k kills. I worked for every single GP I've made by either merching or Skilling, or just sticking to my goals. I had over 3bil bank, great stats, and great memories of every single bit of effort I put in to complete my goal.

There's only one word I have for people like you. That is Laziness.

EDIT: Someone should move this post to rants. It's got no discussion value and just because the OP happens to be on the Editorial team/15 minute of glory with climbing boots does not mean he gets special treatment.

120dgl.jpg

Want to know my luck? My Bandos Hilt drop rate is 1/1032, my BCP/Tasset drop rate is 1/632, my Arma Hilt drop rate is 1/1392, my Sara Hilt drop rate is 1/742, Divine Sigil is 3 in 12k kills, Ely 3 in 12k, 5 Arcane and 6 Spectrals in 12k kills. I got my first shadow hood in dung at 102 dung. I never had a visage drop in 20k Frost kills and 99 slayer. I've gotten 1 SOL out of around 2k kills. I worked for every single GP I've made by either merching or Skilling, or just sticking to my goals. I had over 3bil bank, great stats, and great memories of every single bit of effort I put in to complete my goal.

There's only one word I have for people like you. That is Laziness.

EDIT: Someone should move this post to rants. It's got no discussion value and just because the OP happens to be on the Editorial team/15 minute of glory with climbing boots does not mean he gets special treatment.

I do not flaunt my stupid youtube page anywhere except a small mention in my signature. I don't know if it's just sheer jealousy on your part that I have a regular 8 - 11 thousand active people that listen to my opinions and often times agree with it, or if it's your own stupidity that prevents you from understanding this thread. There's been plenty of discussing going on in this thread, you're just too self absorbed with your own posts to see the discussion happening around you.

I don't give a s*** how you earned your money, it is not relevant to me. I'm real happy for you that you feel proud of how you earned it, but it doesn't mean squat to me, really. Likewise I don't expect you to care about how I made mine or how I lost it. Once again, and for the final time, this thread is not about me losing my money (Which, for your information I have made back [staking, lol]) this thread is about how it has affected my desire to play. Just because a topic holds no discussion value for you, does not mean it holds no discussion value.

Now that we can view money in RWT terms, I don't value my time low enough to play rs. College is too large of an investment. A claw drop costs just as much as that pizza I just ordered from dominos.

If $1 = 1mil gp, you take around 10 min to manage thy kingdom and make 1.25mil per week, then you sell the 60mil gp at the end of the year into $$. You are basically playing for free with minimum time spent. Any extra cash the RWT can make is their bonus and not everyone in the world can get $3usd per hour.

Now that we can view money in RWT terms, I don't value my time low enough to play rs. College is too large of an investment. A claw drop costs just as much as that pizza I just ordered from dominos.

If $1 = 1mil gp, you take around 10 min to manage thy kingdom and make 1.25mil per week, then you sell the 60mil gp at the end of the year into $$. You are basically playing for free with minimum time spent. Any extra cash the RWT can make is their bonus and not everyone in the world can get $3usd per hour.

What's the point if you're going to value everything in RWT terms?

It's a game - you play to have fun.

If you really wanted to make money - get a job. It pays a lot better (not to mention consistently)

capt%20kevin.png

What's the point if you're going to value everything in RWT terms?

It's a game - you play to have fun.

If you really wanted to make money - get a job. It pays a lot better (not to mention consistently)

It really depends what job the RWT can get.

Maybe someone living in slumps and have limited education maybe happy with that rate than working in a factory.

And to 13 years olds, it is attractive since their education and age cant really get someone offering them a job.

EDIT: The gp:$ rate isnt important, its purely an economic assumption. The point is they do it because they think its worth their while.

The only difference between a higher/lower rate is more/less supply for gp in RWT market.

Gold is struggling @ .8$/mil atm, only reason it was ever expensive because no one knew how to transfer it.

off topic sorta but w/e

pretty sure its .9/mil. we should stop talking about rwt though. i'll report my own post.

lalalasig2.png