Just the opposite

Logdotzip

^ are we really arguing about the exact value of RS gold? >.<

I always felt that when I tried to sell stuff in games - these games got real boring for me.

Especially Maplestory - I used to merchant like crazy and scroll tons of stuff. It was fun at first, but when I started to trade the items for money - I didn't feel like playing anymore.

Off topic but had a beast ass chief bandit. So much goldy gear, could wear timeless without even adding into dex.

capt%20kevin.png

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the oppostie - how FREE TRADE has destroyed my will to play runescape.

Not a big deal if you do blame FT, you are entitled to your opinions, but you have to see where people are coming from when they say you do.

OT: I don't really feel changed by this update. I've made faster money than I have in the past but it doesn't make the game feel any less fun that it used to. This may be because I enjoy the "grind" skills or things that you have to pay attention to that don't cost any money.

I also have no problem with people coming in to large sums of money very quickly at the duel arena. There is a huge risk involved with staking and there is a good chance that you will end up with less money than you went in with. If you want to take that same risk, do it.

Just chillin here scapin'.

4e0Vn.png

A bit off topif and I am not sure if it has been said before in this thread (didn't read all posts) but you really have the potential to develop a gambling problem. Some of the 'explainatory' comments I have seen from you point in that direction.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

A bit off topif and I am not sure if it has been said before in this thread (didn't read all posts) but you really have the potential to develop a gambling problem. Some of the 'explainatory' comments I have seen from you point in that direction.

Disagree completely. You have roughly a 50% chance of victory in RuneScape. The odds are completely against you with real gambling. This is also play money. Plus you need money to have a gambling addiction. I don't have any real money lol.

Just the oppostie - how FREE TRADE has destroyed my will to play runescape.

Not a big deal if you do blame FT, you are entitled to your opinions, but you have to see where people are coming from when they say you do.

Fix'd title. Yeah, I guess those who read nothing more than the headliner (probably 80% of those accusing me of blaming the update directly) would assume such a thing.

Disagree completely. You have roughly a 50% chance of victory in RuneScape. The odds are completely against you with real gambling. This is also play money. Plus you need money to have a gambling addiction. I don't have any real money lol.

blackjack - your odds are around 49/51

Dependant on the number of decks used, the number of people playing, and if you can count cards.

But rather not delve into a comparison to real life gambling.

agreed

Poker chips aren't money either, but they can be bought and sold for it. If I have a lot of poker chips, and I lose them, do I have a gambling problem? How about if I earn the poker chips? Or if someone gives them to me?

lalalasig2.png

"I have lost over 850 million gold because of greed and my mind being clouded by it. You lose all sense of logic and reasoning after a point."

"I knew the risks, I knew I should have stopped, but no. I didn't."

" The problem is once you've had it, once you know you can get it, you'll want it again."

There are your comments which I think make you susceptible for gambling. Whether that is in RS or IRL doesn't really matter. You see, I am not a gambler, period. I won't gamble IRL nor would I in RS, simply becuase it is not in my nature.

You yourself say "I don't have any money IRL, so I can't gamble". Meaning if you had millions, you would IRL?

Anyways, I agree with you to not make this topic about this, nor did I expect you would agree with me but I just thought I had to share my views with you. No disrespect intended whatsoever.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Dependant on the number of decks used, the number of people playing, and if you can count cards.

It's 49/51 at the WORST, you can tilt the odds in your favor. Staking is like 45/55 at worst. If you're good at poker it's better than 50/50, but if you suck you're eventually going to get cleaned.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Didnt bother reading the whole thread but i feel the same way. Monster hunting is kinda fun but besides being kinda fun its turned essentially useless, training any skill is just a matter of getting some money by merching and then grinding (or just grinding at no cost).

Things dont really have an incentive anymore that make you do them and make you feel satisfied when you have, at least it is that way for me. Before free trade i used to do farm runs just because i could, and to increase bank worth. Now it is possible to make 10x that in less time (you can also lose it of course, but the point still applies: money feels worthless).

But meh it's probably better for the game, lots of people seem to enjoy staking/pking all day

2dvjurb.png

I've always felt like money was worthless, and FT didn't change that much. When I need money, I make it doing things that I like (which happens to be MHing). Even if I could make way more per hour standing in world 2, I would not have fun doing that. I hate afk/bank skills as it is, and it would feel like the same thing to me. I'd rather MH my way to a divine or Nex gear.

As it happens, though, I'm not concerned with anything other than dungeoneering, and won't be for a long time to come. In conclusion, I don't think FT changed anything for me in terms of how I make money and I how feel about said making of money.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Staking isn't a form of gambling. It is a form of merching with risks. You calculate your odds to win against the opponent and offer lower/higher stakes to your opponent when appropriate and helpful to your cause. In fact, I might make a calculator that calculates your odds of winning against a player with X stats when you have Y stats just to help staking.

Its just that training skills anymore feels so pointless now. Previously you actually had an advantage when you had access to good moneymaking methods but now like everyone can get money and grind a random skill. Thats exactly why I didnt like gathering skills etc before (other than them being [bleep]ing boring), but now all skills except dung have this.

I actually want to get into dung again but that would also feel like a waste of time since I already have all useful chaotics, plus i get annoyed by fail teams l

Guess ill find a fps and go play that, at least thats actually fun and requires practice while being a waste of time.

2dvjurb.png

I haven't read any of the Bs that people posted about your thread. But I completely see what you are saying. Im not just saying that because I am poor, and have always been, but its because I really dont understand why I must work at frost dragons myself, getting 2-3m an hour, just to know that some nobody is making 15x that, in much shorter amount of time, by unfair luck... I just can't even be bothered to try anymore, but yet whenever I try to duel, with the same stats as anybody else, it just doesnt work...I honestly can't even lift a finger anymore just to click alot of dragons, potions and what not.

Want to know my luck? My Bandos Hilt drop rate is 1/1032, my BCP/Tasset drop rate is 1/632, my Arma Hilt drop rate is 1/1392, my Sara Hilt drop rate is 1/742, Divine Sigil is 3 in 12k kills, Ely 3 in 12k, 5 Arcane and 6 Spectrals in 12k kills. I got my first shadow hood in dung at 102 dung. I never had a visage drop in 20k Frost kills and 99 slayer. I've gotten 1 SOL out of around 2k kills. I worked for every single GP I've made by either merching or Skilling, or just sticking to my goals. I had over 3bil bank, great stats, and great memories of every single bit of effort I put in to complete my goal.

There's only one word I have for people like you. That is Laziness.

EDIT: Someone should move this post to rants. It's got no discussion value and just because the OP happens to be on the Editorial team/15 minute of glory with climbing boots does not mean he gets special treatment.

That is the main reason I didn't read any of the arrogant comments people such as yourself post[ed]. Personally, I didn't want to go down this road, but I must. Honestly, I dont give a [----] how you play the game, but if you are going to flame others, for having more luck than yourself, then at least don't make an ass out of you. You may of worked countless hours and days on that account, but I actually took my time to go to school, and make something of myself, rather then just sit there slaving off for millions of pixalated squares. If you still wish to say that this is just an excuse I've made, then atleast find out what other people did. I myself did many countless hours of boss hunting aswell, I have recieved 2 sara hilts, 3 bandos, many chests/plates, many sara swords, ect. The main purpose of this whole topic is for people to talk about what made them lose interest in the game, but that they dislike staking. I know, just as OP does, that I was stupid enough to stake away all my riches, but that isn't the reason I dislike it. So before you go on and make yourself look like a tool, at least read OP's post.

PS: This DOESN'T belong in the rants, this is discussing peoples thoughts about their desire to play. So [----] off all of you ignorant [-----]. Thank you, Come again.

free trade changed the way merch works so instead of x amount /4hrs can make more /4hrs but more effort :P

other than that i dont mind my money too much considering ill never make enough for skill training after 99

getting 92-99 in a skill is liek 6.5m but then 99-20m exp woudl be same price hehe

StarViv.png

Staking isn't a form of gambling. It is a form of merching with risks. You calculate your odds to win against the opponent and offer lower/higher stakes to your opponent when appropriate and helpful to your cause. In fact, I might make a calculator that calculates your odds of winning against a player with X stats when you have Y stats just to help staking.

It offers a severely higher "high" than merchanting in ge.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I haven't read any of the Bs that people posted about your thread. But I completely see what you are saying. Im not just saying that because I am poor, and have always been, but its because I really dont understand why I must work at frost dragons myself, getting 2-3m an hour, just to know that some nobody is making 15x that, in much shorter amount of time, by unfair luck... I just can't even be bothered to try anymore, but yet whenever I try to duel, with the same stats as anybody else, it just doesnt work...I honestly can't even lift a finger anymore just to click alot of dragons, potions and what not.

Want to know my luck? My Bandos Hilt drop rate is 1/1032, my BCP/Tasset drop rate is 1/632, my Arma Hilt drop rate is 1/1392, my Sara Hilt drop rate is 1/742, Divine Sigil is 3 in 12k kills, Ely 3 in 12k, 5 Arcane and 6 Spectrals in 12k kills. I got my first shadow hood in dung at 102 dung. I never had a visage drop in 20k Frost kills and 99 slayer. I've gotten 1 SOL out of around 2k kills. I worked for every single GP I've made by either merching or Skilling, or just sticking to my goals. I had over 3bil bank, great stats, and great memories of every single bit of effort I put in to complete my goal.

EDIT: Someone should move this post to rants. It's got no discussion value and just because the OP happens to be on the Editorial team/15 minute of glory with climbing boots does not mean he gets special treatment.

That is the main reason I didn't read any of the arrogant comments people such as yourself post[ed]. Personally, I didn't want to go down this road, but I must. Honestly, I dont give a [----] how you play the game, but if you are going to flame others, for having more luck than yourself, then at least don't make an ass out of you. You may of worked countless hours and days on that account, but I actually took my time to go to school, and make something of myself, rather then just sit there slaving off for millions of pixalated squares. If you still wish to say that this is just an excuse I've made, then atleast find out what other people did. I myself did many countless hours of boss hunting aswell, I have recieved 2 sara hilts, 3 bandos, many chests/plates, many sara swords, ect. The main purpose of this whole topic is for people to talk about what made them lose interest in the game, but that they dislike staking. I know, just as OP does, that I was stupid enough to stake away all my riches, but that isn't the reason I dislike it. So before you go on and make yourself look like a tool, at least read OP's post.

PS: This DOESN'T belong in the rants, this is discussing peoples thoughts about their desire to play. So [----] off all of you ignorant [-----]. Thank you, Come again.

Read your own post again. Look at how much you complained about your luck. Then go back to crying about how you have no interest in the game because you're too lazy to put any effort into anything.

120dgl.jpg

Critiquing someone's argument then saying "i'm stupid"... that's hilarious.

Don't risk something you don't want to lose, end of story.

And yeah this belongs in rants.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Doesn't belong in rants at all you downy...People are discussing why they lost interest in playing Runescape, not They are mad and wanting to get out anger because of losing it. So Go grow some. K K T H N X B A I ! ! !

"People are discussing why they lost interest in playing Runescape, not"

waiting to hear the end of that sentence

also making fun of people with down syndrome - not cool broski

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Where were you when manipulation clans were pushing stuff up several times over? I lost a ton of will to play seeing myself miss item after item, meanwhile many of the items I picked did nothing or went down.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Imo, drop your bank, makes RS more fun.

However making money using skilling does seem fruitless when there is things such as staking.

Continuous Income.

Staking>Manipulating>Merching>Boss Hunting/Frosts>Skilling

Sad set-up imo, especially for those who have no interest in Merching/Bosshunting

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101