09-Feb-2011 � Prisoner of Glouphrie and Gnome Graphical Rework

Michael

Just logged onto w117 and the majority of the players were repeatedly saying F**k, ive got to dung with these guys <_<

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, part of being an adult is being able to talk without using profanity.

This! :thumbup:

That is quite a lot of xp they are giving out for that quest, wonder how long it will take.

Hameigh.png

To me, part of being an adult is being able to talk without using profanity.

You're a goddamn badass if you can get angry without swearing.

Goodluck being 'intimate' with a woman or a man too. :rolleyes:

Goodluck with alot of things...including that 1 dimensional thinking.

edit: ah... I think because you take things literally I need to explain goodluck also refers to 'have fun' etc. There is more than one meaning. ^.^ Ofcourse not everyone is english though.

@ above, I believe he meant in a normal conversation. Saying it when your angry is one thing, but using it in every sentence is another story. Any yes, there are people that use curse words in almost every single sentence they type.

Anyways, The optional filter is much better now. There really isn't any reason to "circumvent" the chat filter anymore (not that there was a reason before, but people did it to sound "cool", since they weren't supposed to be able to say it). People who will want to see it will see the words, and people who don't, won't need to worry about seeing the words much at all. A win-win for everyone.

I'm looking forward to this quest, and hopefully it might have some nice Lore attached to it.

Profanity Filter

We’ve added a new feature to the old chat filter, now renamed as the profanity filter. Its default function is still to be turned on to filter out all the words (and URLs) on our blacklist, but we’ve added the option for you to turn the filter off. We recognise that RuneScape has a maturing player base and, as such, wish to give you the freedom to choose for yourselves, while also still keeping the filter for those players who do not wish to see swear words and the like.

This is, of course, not a cue to be disrespectful of or towards your fellow players, as all RuneScape rules still apply. If you find swearing offensive, please do leave the profanity filter on. Equally, please do not try to circumvent the filter. Also, even turned off, we will still be filtering out URLs (though we have plans to add a whitelist of 'safe' sites), and any chat that contains your password will still be completely blocked.

Runescape before the optional filter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zfC_KHgmkI

Runescape after the optional filter (not safe for work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HOFRGOzknQ&feature=related

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Could someone tell me where I can get those coloured chips to start calibrating the machine?

[hide]Next to the singing bowl there is a crate you can search. It gives you up to three seeds at a time that you can make into the coloured chips by singing the bowl. For different shapes add more water.[/hide]

I don't like the chat filter update because the off option now seems to have ALL swearing viewable. I logged on and all I saw was just a wall of swear words

I'd also like to know, as mentioned earlier, how this now applies to reporting offensive language?

2vuhgcn.png

I enjoy Maylea's content so this'll be interesting to see how it goes. The only good thing about the filter changes is that it won't accidentally filter things that shouldn't be. I can't remember the last time I used any profanity in game anyway.

I'd also like to know, as mentioned earlier, how this now applies to reporting offensive language?

Exactly the same as before, I imagine. Using words that will be caught by the chat filter is fine, as those who don't wish to read them can simply leave the filter enabled. Trying to circumvent the filter is still not allowed.

What are the values of the shapes? I believe I was told in the previous quest, but I can't find it.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

This quest got me 72 RuneCrafting and all stats 72+

Nice reward for such a small quest. but wish i could of killed the dark Gnomes. or at least some of the birds. But hey.

As for the other updates, Love the fact i can say what i want to say and not be censored. Not like i swear alot, but i do if say i die or get a good drop etc. :thumbup:

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

10/2/11 the day I stopped reporting bad players' behaviour.

First there was the 'buy back banned accounts' update that was quietly added into the KB. See it for yourself:

Game Guide > Manual > Search For: Bans > Offence Appeals > Banned Account Reinstatement.

"If Jagex bans any account as a result of your breach of the Rules of RuneScape and you have exhausted the Offence Appeals Process, Jagex may, in its absolute discretion, give you an opportunity to make a fixed payment to reinstate the account.

Any membership credit that is associated with an account cannot be used to pay for such reinstatement. Please note that throughout the period during which the account was banned, any membership credit will continue to expire.

Jagex is not obliged to reinstate any accounts. You are not obliged to exercise the option to reinstate your account. If you are offered the opportunity, it is entirely up to you whether you make any such payment to reinstate an account.

Any gains or advantages that Jagex considers were made as a result of using macros shall be removed from your account. You accept that the account will be returned to you, adjusted by Jagex to take account of the cheating offence, and no discussion will be entered into regarding the status of a returned account"

And now the profanity toggle on/off update - allowing players to swear and use the most vulgar language on earth - which was previously almost completely blocked.

It is almost like Jagex wants there to be no rules? Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this is so wrong?

Yes there are older players (such as myself), however older players mean being wiser and more mature. Swearing is not wise and it certainly isn't mature.

From this day forward I am discontinuing reporting. I have lost faith in the report system. You can flame me for my opinion, but I stand up for what I believe is right.

2vuhgcn.png

Jagex needed to or still needs to make an artical saying what is now offensive language wise, I say this due to the fact 90% of new players now adays DON'T read the rules or even glance at them.

Now i don't perosnally mind seeing curses, im 19 and see it in day to day life anyway, but i dont want to see people in the grand exchange having a certain "type of convo" leading to explisit phrases.

There responce to this was simple "if we can see it, we can say it"

Jagex needs to show these people whats what.

(I also have pictures to prove this aligation in the grand Exchange)

bring on the 12 year old idiots with internet 'ADHD' -.-

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

um can someone help me with the calibration?

somehow the middle one is wrong but I can't spot the mistake

[hide]49448483.jpg[/hide]

It's bugged.

The tick seems to be bugged, judging by the positions you used INDIGO rather than BLUE

Thats the whole reason it references the colour wheel in the book.

Blue and red frame magenta on the wheel so they mix to make magenta.

Just in the light spectrum indigo slips in between blue n magenta

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue