Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Profanity Filter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp

With the profanity filter turned off, you will see exactly what other players type in their chat, warts and all. Note that, as you have made a concious choice to turn off your profanity filter, you should not report other players simply for using the odd bit of bad language. You can and should still report other players who are being discriminatory, bullying, threatening, lewd, salacious, soliciting, etc, regardless of whether or not they are using bad language! It may be worth familiarising yourself with our rules on innapropriate language and behaviour, but, basically, so long as you are responsible and respectful to other players, you have nothing to worry about.

source

As Bladewing has quoted, if you find something offensive then report it. Jagex will make the final decision as to whether somebody will be muted and the severity of the insult. We all find different things insulting, which is why there is no one defining rule as to what is and isn't offensive. So just report what you find offensive and leave it at that.

For this topic, it has become a flamefest at the OP therefore I am locking it.

Good day.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users