The Profanity Filter

Blyaunte

OP what time period do you live in?? Because I don't hear people being racist and sexually assaulting African-American people in Runescape now.

(I said African-American so she doesn't assume I'm "racist" for saying black and go apes*** on me.)

Actually - I'm Afro-Carribbean - but if you want me to split hairs, I will ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With the profanity filter turned off, you will see exactly what other players type in their chat, warts and all. Note that, as you have made a concious choice to turn off your profanity filter, you should not report other players simply for using the odd bit of bad language. You can and should still report other players who are being discriminatory, bullying, threatening, lewd, salacious, soliciting, etc, regardless of whether or not they are using bad language! It may be worth familiarising yourself with our rules on innapropriate language and behaviour, but, basically, so long as you are responsible and respectful to other players, you have nothing to worry about.

source

i already posted that point the first page, it's not like i was leaving it out LOL.

What I am asking is, should I sit idle and let the filter make everything look like:

"Hey *****, come here and **** my **** and let me **** you in the ***. Now be a good ****** and shine my shoes."

Or, should I turn the filter on and report it for being vulgar and racist?

I want a screenshot of that because in my 10 years of runescape, and hanging around at least 3 people who were PERM MUTED for offensive language - (Jmag, Pokey, Keeler) have NEVER seen anything half that vulgar and racist.

Heck, Sleets, Pokey, and a few other good and well known pkers played black characters and NEVER got called a racial slur in my time killing with em.

You've been playing the hell out of the race card since you've started posting.

but you'd just delete them because they're from a "PRIVATE" place ... :rolleyes:

What a load of [cabbage], Firstly, I don't believe in censorship, secondly, they are you're freaking screenshots right? You can post them wherever the piss you want.

Sexist comments -- and these are WITH the censor ...

2sh02.jpg

4qss5c.jpg

I'm sure I'll find a few racist remarks tonight when I log in.

What's wrong with that? Men have nipples too. Maybe they are lovers.

What, are you a [bleep]ing homophobe or something?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

OP what time period do you live in?? Because I don't hear people being racist and sexually assaulting African-American people in Runescape now.

(I said African-American so she doesn't assume I'm "racist" for saying black and go apes*** on me.)

Lol you said apes***, that's punny!!! See, it's funny cus she's black.

He has balls. Saying Ape and Black in the same sentence.

Actually - I'm Afro-Carribbean - but if you want me to split hairs, I will ... :rolleyes:

All you do is try and make yourself look "harmed" or something along the sort so we can take pity on you. My god, you're not royalty or something. You need to understand that THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. This is (for the most part) a game where you are allowed to do anything of your choice, and freedom of speech should be one of them.

Eifstone.png

That, my dear friend, is why I respect him. Unlike someone who takes what they are and turns it into a giant pity party.

Don't like 'bad' words? Turn the filter on.

You don't mind? Turn it off.

Report people who are offensive.

/thread

Bad words can be used legitimately. Why should I turn on a filter which not only blocks "bad" words used in context but also regular dictionary words just because they or a part of it looks/sound like a possible swear? I stand by that the main 4 letter swear should still be blocked.

then leave your filter on

ain't hard, folks.

The question isn't whether or not to leave the filter on/off -- the question is whether or not I should report someone for saying: "[Perform a sexually degrading act on me, you female individual product of inter-racial heritage] ..."

<_<

if i saw anyone saying "[Perform a sexually degrading act on me, you female individual product of inter-racial heritage] ..." i would report instantly.

it depends on what thay say really.

something like,

"go ... your self" i would report.

but "... i died" i would not.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

That, my dear friend, is why I respect him. Unlike someone who takes what they are and turns it into a giant pity party.

Some people's parents just never loved them as much as they should have.

Well, I am a black male, however I am younger, 14 to be exact. I understand your concern of racist and degrading remarks. I view all types of abuse the same, and would report them all the same. Being African American and called degrading names for it does not give us any type of sympathetic privledges such as complaining and whining. I believe your core question has been previously answered several times. I only see this being dragged on by answering questions with a question.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

You know, I'd like to point out that short of making RS quick-chat only, you can and always could (except one brief period I heard of where, I believe, RS basically WAS quickchat only...) make rascist and sexist remarks.

[spoiler=Potential offensive vocabulary]

Black people.

Slaves.

Kitchen.

Pregnant.

Suck.

Bang.

Knees.

Open your legs.

Bend over.

Blow me.

None of which are censored, and can be construed into someone extremely rascist and sexist if you try. And frankly, I don't have screenshots but less then a week ago, I heard two girls talking about this gross pervert on RS who asked one chick how big her vag was. Maybe two weeks ago, idk, but before the censor was removed. The OP has also made screenshots of sexual harrassment from before the filter was removed. So, the way I see it, this means the removal of the filter changes nothing.

As for young, impressionable people seeing all this bad stuff on RS, all I can really say is RS isn't a freaking day-care.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

What I am asking is, should I sit idle and let the filter make everything look like:

"Hey *****, come here and **** my **** and let me **** you in the ***. Now be a good ****** and shine my shoes."

Or, should I turn the filter on and report it for being vulgar and racist?

I want a screenshot of that because in my 10 years of runescape, and hanging around at least 3 people who were PERM MUTED for offensive language - (Jmag, Pokey, Keeler) have NEVER seen anything half that vulgar and racist.

Heck, Sleets, Pokey, and a few other good and well known pkers played black characters and NEVER got called a racial slur in my time killing with em.

You've been playing the hell out of the race card since you've started posting.

but you'd just delete them because they're from a "PRIVATE" place ... :rolleyes:

What a load of [cabbage], Firstly, I don't believe in censorship, secondly, they are you're freaking screenshots right? You can post them wherever the piss you want.

Sexist comments -- and these are WITH the censor ...

2sh02.jpg

4qss5c.jpg

I'm sure I'll find a few racist remarks tonight when I log in.

OH MY DAAAAYYYS your aloha mamei or whatever. omg i was in obbyskings wit u the other day, u bait it hard!!!

i swear you were properlly trolling when u joined cc, maybe its ur daughter i dunno.. but like yeah the way u were chatting an stuff, like u got threatened kick within 5 mins or summit i swear of joining cc. i thought it was pretty funny to be fair but i can see why ud gt wastes giving u comments like that. i mean its not excactly sexist is it its just obscene.

haha thats funny i can remember you, dnt normally remember names.

"Mom why did that person just ask you to [perform a sexual act upon him] and call you a [name related to the pigment of your skin]?" :unsure:

Threaten to cancel your kids membership payments if they turn off the chat filter?

Parenting isnt very hard you know

Idiotic remark of the day week reward goes to you! :roll:

I'll be using the report button more often now.

Hameigh.png

Again proving that ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant. It's a damn headache for everyone else with half a brain.

You have to admit, this was kinda fun.

Oh god yes, it was hilarious, made my day in fact.

Yes, you're perfectly right. This thread does prove that the maturity levels has plummeted around here and people can't have any kind of mature discussion. The filter was removed, apparently, to allow the mature players chat more freely. Something tells me the majority of RuneScape players aren't ready to grow up yet, thus resort to using it needlessly.

LogDotzip - "It would appear OP has left the thread. Rejoice, intelligent, reasonable people win once again. Now can this pointless ass thread get a lock please?"

Intelligence and people being reasonable isn't what the last few pages have displayed. Immaturity, a lack of respect, yes. The former, not a hope. Indeed, the thread no longer has reason to exist because the people don't seem to be mature enough to have a discussion, let alone talk in RuneScape without a filter. Good job.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well, I am a black male, however I am younger, 14 to be exact. I understand your concern of racist and degrading remarks. I view all types of abuse the same, and would report them all the same. Being African American and called degrading names for it does not give us any type of sympathetic privledges such as complaining and whining. I believe your core question has been previously answered several times. I only see this being dragged on by answering questions with a question.

This really smells like a troll.

top_lel_face.png

-We had sexual/racial/all other forms of colourful language long before the Filter, and we'll have it long after. Now it's just a lot easier.

-If you don't like it, turn the filter on and stop complaining.

-I've never seen anyone walk up to someone, IRL or IRS and say "YOU'RE BLACK, LET'S MAKE FUN OF YOU".

Basically what you're saying is: "I'm of different colour than a majority of RS players, thus people will make fun of me. Let me turn my filter off, voluntarily, see these remarks and complain about it."

Off topic:

This is probably the funniest thread I've seen in some time.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

If you take anything said over the internet (and especially on a game) personally then LOL.

Really? They are probably ignorant 13 year olds. I really can't beleive anyone would take something like that to heart.

Let me guess -- you're a white male, with no children ...

I have absolutely no idea why you'd make such a big fuss about this. You are basically producing racism and laughing at sexual equality with that kind of posts. If you can't get over who you are and feel as though there is something to make fun of you because of that, you've got a problem. I don't at all get the sense that you think race doesn't at all matter and that men and women are to be treated equally, which is pitiful. Making jokes/insults about those subjects is about ignorance of them, not you. Come to earth, grow some balls(i think it's fair to say this as we are on the subject of equality) and stop taking everything personally- the world doesn't revolve around you.

As for what to do when reporting, just don't report at all. In all my 8 years of runescape, i've never reported anyone for bad language, never been muted(or banned) myself and only reported around 5 people. There really is very little anyone should ever see as being offensive in runescape and if you are reporting people just to get closer to a player mod status it's as pitiful as committing the offense in the first place. I think the adult thing to do is to ignore insults of petty levels and only report those who go really overboard and personal.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

-We had sexual/racial/all other forms of colourful language long before the Filter, and we'll have it long after. Now it's just a lot easier.

-I've never seen anyone walk up to someone, IRL or IRS and say "YOU'RE BLACK, LET'S MAKE FUN OF YOU".

Basically what you're saying is: "I'm of different colour than a majority of RS players, thus people will make fun of me. Let me turn my filter off, voluntarily, see these remarks and complain about it."

Off topic:

That's because it doesn't happen, it's likely Blyaunte instigates arguments. It's clever, nitpicking parts of an issue that only display you in a good light. She's an excellent troll. It's probably where she's run off to -- drafting another troll thread.

OT though, Newb, Immaturity is most often met with immaturity, and to be fair, I daresay Blyaunte has been the most immature of all in this thread. I can be harsh, but harsh =/= immature. I hate stupidity, something her person is rampant with. In turn, she was ripped to shreds by the people in this thread with even a minute amount of intelligence.

Off topic:

That's because it doesn't happen, it's likely Blyaunte instigates arguments. It's clever, nitpicking parts of an issue that only display you in a good light. She's an excellent troll. It's probably where she's run off to -- drafting another troll thread.

OT though, Newb, Immaturity is most often met with immaturity, and to be fair, I daresay Blyaunte has been the most immature of all in this thread. I can be harsh, but harsh =/= immature. I hate stupidity, something her person is rampant with. In turn, she was ripped to shreds by the people in this thread with even a minute amount of intelligence.

like i siad, if she's aloha malei then she is a COMPLETE troll ingame, as in i can remember her form a week or so ago for how much she messin in cc.

im suprised to see tip.it staff? i dunno is thats wat ur called.. or events team members, mods etc suprised to see you guys joining in on the, kinda, flaming.