Clanwars the most dangerous place on RS

Pinata

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, the people he's luring looks like your average scaper whos worked hard for full dragon/ bandos/ santa hats.

Pretty sad tbh.

Are you implying that the average scaper is someone who can neither read nor think?

No, seriously. I'd like to think the "average scaper," whatever the hell that really means, is a little bit smarter than that...

Thing is, the people he's luring looks like your average scaper whos worked hard for full dragon/ bandos/ santa hats.

Pretty sad tbh.

Are you implying that the average scaper is someone who can neither read nor think?

Yes

2496 Completionist

It's only a game, but when you rob a fellow player of items they have worked hours and hours for, for your own benefit, then guilt must surely creep in.

Only it doesn't; I wish it did but for some reason people just allow themselves to be separate from their moral compasses just because they're interacting in an mmo rather than in real life. Are there differences? Of course. Are the consequences the same? No. But I do wish people put a little more of themselves into their characters instead of just acting like hollow cads, or at least stayed away from those of us who do.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

It's only a game, but when you rob a fellow player of items they have worked hours and hours for, for your own benefit, then guilt must surely creep in.

Only it doesn't; I wish it did but for some reason people just allow themselves to be separate from their moral compasses just because they're interacting in an mmo rather than in real life. Are there differences? Of course. Are the consequences the same? No. But I do wish people put a little more of themselves into their characters instead of just acting like hollow cads, or at least stayed away from those of us who do.

It is fairly strange how people can do it. If I were to do it, I'd feel racked with guilt because I know just how bad it would feel to be on the other end. People always forget that people are on the other end of these games.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It is fairly strange how people can do it. If I were to do it, I'd feel racked with guilt because I know just how bad it would feel to be on the other end. People always forget that people are on the other end of these games.

Honestly, if someone can fail to read a huge pop-up sign that says DON'T GO IN HERE YOU LOSE YOUR ITEMS WHEN YOU DIE, it's pretty easy to just imagine that it's a cardboard prop on the other end, with a monkey hopping on the keyboard.

But what if they had previously disabled the popup? They may have been at clanwars with friends months or years ago and gone in there jokingly disabling the warning in the process.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

But what if they had previously disabled the popup? They may have been at clanwars with friends months or years ago and gone in there jokingly disabling the warning in the process.

Then you brought it on yourself entirely by disabling a warning that you saw several times and somehow still could not remember.

Warnings are there for a reason. The disable option is for people who have seen it several times, remember it, and do not need it anymore. If you weren't absolutely 100% sure you were going to remember it, then it shouldn't be disabled unless you share accounts with someone, bought your account, or otherwise had something on your account occur without your knowledge.

What if what if what if they use their head? What if we stop catering to illiterate 10 year olds?

Stupid thread is stupid. Tif is turning into zybez.

What if what if what if they use their head? What if we stop catering to illiterate 10 year olds?

Stupid thread is stupid. Tif is going the way of zybez.

Yes because you need to be an illiterate 10 year old to quickly decide to turn the warning off when you go to an area you never normally use and never plan to ever use again. Then when there a year or so later, not knowing the area, you get tricked into going in.

Yes, people like you may drag the forum down to the status of others if you can give no consideration whatsoever for another person. I am not saying these people are blameless, but there can be situations in which they were not total idiots like many people seem to immediately think.

zqXeV.jpg

Yes because you need to be an illiterate 10 year old to quickly decide to turn the warning off when you go to an area you never normally use and never plan to ever use again. Then when there a year or so later, not knowing the area, you get tricked into going in.

Yes, people like you may drag the forum down to the status of others if you can give no consideration whatsoever for another person. I am not saying these people are blameless, but there can be situations in which they were not total idiots like many people seem to immediately think.

By turning off the warning you accept the consequences. What more do you want? 5 more warnings each saying the same thing as the last? There is no tricking or luring involved there. Just stupidity. I don't understand why you're always defending idiots.

inb4anotherban

There is a vast difference between making a mistake and being an idiot. You don't seem to grasp that so I am going to give up trying as it seems fundamental in you to not give anybody a chance.

zqXeV.jpg

Pretty sad tbh.

No, seriously. I'd like to think the "average scaper," whatever the hell that really means, is a little bit smarter than that...

Somewhat, also implying they don't have access to forums like this which are informative, and don't know the history of people exploiting features to lure, etc. Like that new thing with using lent item ---> player then quickly killing them. I would've have no idea that would work, and if i had been rich enough to get lured by it, I wouldn't have seen it coming. But since I read it here on TIF first, I am better prepared.

Staurolite.png

There is a vast difference between making a mistake and being an idiot. You don't seem to grasp that so I am going to give up trying as it seems fundamental in you to not give anybody a chance.

I can make a mistake and accidentally drop my phat. Owait Jagex already idiot-proofed that. Everybody has an equal chance. We all get the same damn annoying warnings every 2 steps. Some choose to think while others don't.

Stupid thread is stupid. Tif is turning into zybez.

HAHAHAHAHA--wait, what?

How does one exactly go from people displaying sympathy to comparisons to zybez? Was the phrase 'apples to oranges' ever uttered in your presence?

Disagreeing with one person, hey. Disagreeing with a mod, meh. But wait! Suddenly disagreeing with one mod makes you disagree WITH THE WHOLE SITE LOLZ OMG BECAUSE OF SYMPATHIZERZZ@!@@?

Wait what?

nosense.jpg

hzvjpwS.gif

110213110904.png

110213101513.png

I would quit RS right there, no doubt.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

You can't turn the warning off if you're just visiting an area you never normally use and never plan to ever use again. Like any other warning in this game, the option to turn it off does not appear until the third or fourth time you're presented the warning (can't remember exactly how many times). For anyone to actually turn the warning off means he or she has seen the warning at least three times. The purpose of forcing players to see the warning this many times is so that they will only turn it off if it's an area they have been to several times, and thus knows the risks of by the time they're choosing to turn it off.

I'm sorry, but I can't think of any situation in which someone who falls for this is not a total idiot, because only a total idiot would disable a warning that he or she does not remember, or fail to read a warning that Jagex has placed over the area. Honestly, however you try to spin it, anyone who falls for this lure either acted like a complete idiot when they fell for the lure, or acted like a complete idiot months/years ago, and the consequences haven't caught up to them until just now.

The scammer is at fault - he always is to blame. But when people make very dumb mistakes, they occasionally have to pay a price for it - that's how they learn not to make those mistakes again. And it's honestly not too hard for a scammer to rationalize his actions to himself when their victim acted as foolish as the victim would have to act for their scam to work.

Jesus christ I can hardly even read this thread.

I don't like dangerous clan wars. Why? Because there's no level restrictions, making it really easy for the lurers to lure whoever the hell they want.

I do think it should be removed. It's just not necessary anymore. No one uses it except to lure now.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

They should probably just remove it now since it serves no use now other than an alternate wilderness. Anyways, those people won't fall for the same lure again I suppose. :mellow:

Low_C.png

Can someone explain wth this [cabbage] works?

I mean, who is possibly dumb enough to bring all that valuable stuff? I mean, I can't even think of how someone would be persuaded to bring a santa hat into a dangerous area...

Is this a glitch or are the scammers just persuasive?

dont understand

Can someone explain wth this [cabbage] works?

I mean, who is possibly dumb enough to bring all that valuable stuff? I mean, I can't even think of how someone would be persuaded to bring a santa hat into a dangerous area...

Is this a glitch or are the scammers just persuasive?

dont understand

The victim thinks its safe because he can't read the giant ITEMS WILL BE LOST ON DEATH.

This is what makes this game awesome. Its dangerous and if you gank somone you get their stuff.

You cant lose what you dont put in the middle. An old gambles saying.

If these people cant read then they did it to themselves.

I do feel bad for them though... but what are you going to do... make the game suck again because some people are dumb?

These people dident lose anything that cant be replaced. Making cash in this game is easy anyway.

Im all for free trade and the wild. ITs what makes runescape great.

Fools_Taco.png