Clanwars the most dangerous place on RS

Pinata

110213110904.png

110213101513.png

I would quit RS right there, no doubt.

Why would you carry all that on you anyway? ill never understand some people.

They could add a popup where the person has to type I WILL LOSE MY ITEMS IF I DIE and click ok before entering.

Like in WoW you have to type DELETE and click ok before deleting a character.

But seriously if they dident read the sign already i dont know what could help these people.

Fools_Taco.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see the problem with this

but it sure was silly of all those people to ignore the warning about how their items will be lost on death. I wonder what possessed them to do such a foolish thing :-k

I hate how little sympathy people on these forums have for victims of scams like this. Yeah, it's their fault for not being more careful, but to say they deserved it? Do you think that if women wear [bleep]ty clothes they deserve to be raped, too?

On runescape I have no sympathy, a fool and his money are soon parted. Especially since they are lured in by the promise of easy money, if its too good to be true it probably is...

but with the rape victim example you are a [bleep]ing moron (and believe me I was being nice with those words). Most rape victims get raped by someone they know and trust, not by wearing skanky clothes in a bad neighborhood.

You completely missed my point. Also, nice flame. Makes your rebuttal sooooo much more effective. :rolleyes:

Seriously, these forums have gone to [cabbage].

td2sig.jpg

And I'm glad. Stupid people should get what stupid people deserve. Free trade has revived boss hunting, and especially nex so all the idiots whining about getting scammed/lured/hack can [bleep] off

Tif is turning into zybez.

Sad, but true...

They should know what they're doing. No excuse. The guy got some nice kill, though.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

They may have been stupid, but I feel bad. It took them 10 hours to earn what takes most of us 1 hour, and then they had all their work taken away.

I don't know how you get full bandos or a santa in 1 hour or even 10 hours. Tell me your secret.

They may have been stupid, but I feel bad. It took them 10 hours to earn what takes most of us 1 hour, and then they had all their work taken away.

I don't know how you get full bandos or a santa in 1 hour or even 10 hours. Tell me your secret.

I lol'd

They just make money 10x slower than normal people, silly.

I lol'd

Most people on RS dont make 10 million gp in a month, your views on the distribution of wealth are extremely disturbed.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

I lol'd

Most people on RS dont make 10 million gp in a month, your views on the distribution of wealth are extremely disturbed.

Is my post really that confusing?

[hide]

I lol'd

[/hide]

Yes, its confusing, just say you kill them.

Dangerous Clan vs Clan still has it uses, but dangerous FFa is pretty useless considering there are already high risk wildy worlds. I'm all for the removal :thumbup:

This. Out with dangerous FFA already, the longer it's there the more people will follow this vid and do the exact same thing <_<

Wished there are 1 or 2 PvP worlds back though, I liked it when the entire landscape was PvP-able.

No idea why someone would hate some optional PVP worlds.

[hide]

I lol'd

[/hide]

Yes, its confusing, just say you kill them.

Dangerous Clan vs Clan still has it uses, but dangerous FFa is pretty useless considering there are already high risk wildy worlds. I'm all for the removal :thumbup:

This. Out with dangerous FFA already, the longer it's there the more people will follow this vid and do the exact same thing <_<

Wished there are 1 or 2 PvP worlds back though, I liked it when the entire landscape was PvP-able.

No idea why someone would hate some optional PVP worlds.

Lock your doors before you go to bed.

I would not call the victims stupid, but just misinformed. FFA was a 'safe' mini game pre-wilderness return right?. The lobby is safe right? so I would have assumed the victims assumed the mini game was still safe.

Two lessons the victims should have learned a long time ago;

Never take valuable items to new areas / areas that have just been changed.

Never trust anyone in RuneScape, even those on your friends list.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

I would not call the victims stupid, but just misinformed. FFA was a 'safe' mini game pre-wilderness return right?. The lobby is safe right? so I would have assumed the victims assumed the mini game was still safe.

It it displayed very clearly on your screen when you enter the portal, and before you enter the portal is marked as dangerous. I really dont see anyone being misinformed, just lured.

user1-dark.png

You have to feel sympathy for these people.

A few years ago i was doing a bank sale, stuff i was trying to merch basically. Advertised it on the forums, then had some guy PM me saying he'd buy my super defence potions or something. At the time i walked around world 2 with my bank, you just dont see the danger.

He asked me to meet him in the monastery, but ofcourse as soon as i clicked i ran into the wildy (no wall at the time) and this guy had obviously looked up my stats and got some friends of a similar level that teleblocked/specs/froze me to death in level 1/2 wildy. GF 20m. Rage quit at the time haha. I thought i was completely fool proof >.<

Until you have a personal experience, you have no sympathy.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

It it displayed very clearly on your screen when you enter the portal, and before you enter the portal is marked as dangerous. I really dont see anyone being misinformed, just lured.

Ah Okay. I was thinking of safe FFA, but the video shows it is dangerous FFA. Can't really remember but I did voluntarily get 'lured' when pvp worlds took over wilderness, and I swear that the safe portal was dangerous. Though my memory is very sketchy.

Anyway when did they remove the clan wars in wilderness?

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

I hate how little sympathy people on these forums have for victims of scams like this. Yeah, it's their fault for not being more careful, but to say they deserved it? Do you think that if women wear [bleep]ty clothes they deserve to be raped, too?

Yes.

287b5w.jpg

The "dangerous" portal for Clan Wars has become, basically, a "within the rules" format for luring.

I spent the better part of a few evenings at the banker's chest in the Clan Wars dungeon in the Grotto, working on my herby levels, and got to watch a number of people trying to work out luring schemes.

The first was obvious "Hey look, it's a low level character wearing expensive gear" format. The said low level character steps out of the dangerour portal, stands and waits long enough for everyone to see him, and then deliberate returns to Clan Wars through the dangerous portal.

The other is the nearly as obvious, "Hey everyone, I am giving my stuff away" scam, wherein the said relatively low level character, usually brandishing a BGS or better weapon, and practically no armour, tells a relatively much higher level character that they will give them the BGS, but first they have to defeat them in combat in through the dangerous portal ...

Of course, in both cases, the lured player had not idea how many of the lurer's friends were on the other side of the portal ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

The "dangerous" portal for Clan Wars has become, basically, a "within the rules" format for luring.

I spent the better part of a few evenings at the banker's chest in the Clan Wars dungeon in the Grotto, working on my herby levels, and got to watch a number of people trying to work out luring schemes.

The first was obvious "Hey look, it's a low level character wearing expensive gear" format. The said low level character steps out of the dangerour portal, stands and waits long enough for everyone to see him, and then deliberate returns to Clan Wars through the dangerous portal.

The other is the nearly as obvious, "Hey everyone, I am giving my stuff away" scam, wherein the said relatively low level character, usually brandishing a BGS or better weapon, and practically no armour, tells a relatively much higher level character that they will give them the BGS, but first they have to defeat them in combat in through the dangerous portal ...

Of course, in both cases, the lured player had not idea how many of the lurer's friends were on the other side of the portal ...

:rolleyes:

If anyone sees this happening, feel free to pm me to come help kill the lurers.

punitivedsig.png

On runescape I have no sympathy, a fool and his money are soon parted. Especially since they are lured in by the promise of easy money, if its too good to be true it probably is...

but with the rape victim example you are a [bleep]ing moron (and believe me I was being nice with those words). Most rape victims get raped by someone they know and trust, not by wearing skanky clothes in a bad neighborhood.

You completely missed my point. Also, nice flame. Makes your rebuttal sooooo much more effective. :rolleyes:

Seriously, these forums have gone to [cabbage].

The fact that the neighborhood is [cabbage]ty isn't the quintessential (neat word, I think) warning sign of the IRL game?

Actually, I'd like to make an edit. This seems like the perfect example as the circumstance is stated above by DLJ.

A woman goes into a really [cabbage]ty part of town showing off her best stuff, despite blatant warnings.

A player goes into a really dangerous looking area showing off their best stuff, despite blatant warnings.

Of course I obviously still feel less for the player, as it is a game, and the motiviation for said lured players was obviously greed, while the IRLMMORPG has no determined motivation.

Basically, the victims disabled and or ignored the warning signs because they were too greedy to stop and think. Therefore, I cannot feel sympathy for them. After all, that sign is pretty damn big...

2dgucz6.png

This isn't luring...it's people not looking at their screen.

Seriously, they have the confirmation screen that tells them right in the bottom middle next to the agree button that says if items lost is on or off. Also, there's that nice square there in your face while fighting that tells the same thing. They could just be smart and look at it....and exit via the portal.

It's the people getting lured who are at fault.

Seriously...how is this a "lure"....They turn Items lost on when they challenge...."trolololol, Lured gf bank, lolloloL!LlOl!!!" No...that's not how it works it.

It's no more a lure then changing rules in the duel arena....all people have to do is LOOK AT THEIR SCREEN to avoid these things. Yes it sucks, I do feel sorry for them. At the same time...I'm logical..."scams" and "lures" like these are so stupidly easy to avoid.

That being said....there is no reason for the Dangerous Clan wars portal/arena options to be there anymore. They should remove it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

This isn't luring...it's people not looking at their screen.

Seriously, they have the confirmation screen that tells them right in the bottom middle next to the agree button that says if items lost is on or off. Also, there's that nice square there in your face while fighting that tells the same thing. They could just be smart and look at it....and exit via the portal.

It's the people getting lured who are at fault.

Seriously...how is this a "lure"....They turn Items lost on when they challenge...."trolololol, Lured gf bank, lolloloL!LlOl!!!" No...that's not how it works it.

It's no more a lure then changing rules in the duel arena....all people have to do is LOOK AT THEIR SCREEN to avoid these things. Yes it sucks, I do feel sorry for them. At the same time...I'm logical..."scams" and "lures" like these are so stupidly easy to avoid.

That being said....there is no reason for the Dangerous Clan wars portal/arena options to be there anymore. They should remove it.

It seems to be luring, you should notice the guy with flower and dragon mid is doing something fishy. Some of their victims says thanks and some of their victims even attempt to kill him, some victims come prepared with rocktails as well. The only difference here and between wild or arena lure is there is no skull and level restrictions, the victims dont expect there will be attacked by a 133lv and the victims probably thought they can kill the "noob". Must have something to do with greed than just mere foolish.

Anyway why are people all running around with santa hats and dragonfire shields? They are either very good tricksters or its just a drama.

I know that santas is a hot item now, it rises like 20mil over a week, what are they doing with it there?